Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

If I had a million dollars!

Then my car wouldn't keep me up at night lolololol.

Seriously though. It costs a lot to keep an F-bod NICE... like exactly the way you want it nice.

I started by thinking I needed shocks. wrong! my decarbons are stiff as new... speaking of which anyone want some stock decarbons? PM me!

Then I figured I better get on the chassis stiffening bandwagon before i crease the hell out of my quarters. Bought the UMI package from Strano. The 3 point SFC's and chrome moly STB.

Haven't installed em yet but already proving tough. My go to speed guy doesn't have a roll on lift and I don't want to tweak the chassis on my jack stands doing it myself.

I have a nagging issue with a hard bang over medium size bumps... medium to this car is like small in any other car i've ever been in. Feels like the rear bottoms out over nearly any bump. Lil search around here regarding bump stops led me to the conclusion that I need both new bump stops and new springs.

I'd hate to spend my money on OEM springs but don't really have much interest in lowering my car....... conundrum eh?

Finally I have a clunk coming from the front left suspension that bugs the hell out of me. Not the endlinks i replaced those.... the tie rod ends have cracked boots and look dry but feel tight. I need to replace em but don't think they are the current problem. that leaves upper and lower ball joints and wheel bearings. if i'm replacing those again i feel i'd rather get new UCA's and "maybe" LCA's and replace the bearings before I go get an alignment.

THIS IS TURNING INTO A LOT OF MONEY!!!! for going fast around corners sure... but not so much in a straight line.

Not to mention that I have a bearing noise in my rear and in my typical fashion don't want to replace the bearing but rather dump that 10 bolt for a ford 9" with 4.30's

Anyone wanna make a donation?

Edit:

Oops just remembered, what good is that 9" without a driveshaft and U joints to match.... $$$$$$
    Last edited by LSCyaL8R; 08-13-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: forgot about that....

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

it's 10 years old and you probly drive it lik you hate it every turn of the key-ya, she's gonna show some wear!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    Then my car wouldn't keep me up at night lolololol.

Seriously though. It costs a lot to keep an F-bod NICE... like exactly the way you want it nice.

I started by thinking I needed shocks. wrong! my decarbons are stiff as new... speaking of which anyone want some stock decarbons? PM me!

Then I figured I better get on the chassis stiffening bandwagon before i crease the hell out of my quarters. Bought the UMI package from Strano. The 3 point SFC's and chrome moly STB.

Haven't installed em yet but already proving tough. My go to speed guy doesn't have a roll on lift and I don't want to tweak the chassis on my jack stands doing it myself.

I have a nagging issue with a hard bang over medium size bumps... medium to this car is like small in any other car i've ever been in. Feels like the rear bottoms out over nearly any bump. Lil search around here regarding bump stops led me to the conclusion that I need both new bump stops and new springs.

I'd hate to spend my money on OEM springs but don't really have much interest in lowering my car....... conundrum eh?

Finally I have a clunk coming from the front left suspension that bugs the hell out of me. Not the endlinks i replaced those.... the tie rod ends have cracked boots and look dry but feel tight. I need to replace em but don't think they are the current problem. that leaves upper and lower ball joints and wheel bearings. if i'm replacing those again i feel i'd rather get new UCA's and "maybe" LCA's and replace the bearings before I go get an alignment.

THIS IS TURNING INTO A LOT OF MONEY!!!! for going fast around corners sure... but not so much in a straight line.

Not to mention that I have a bearing noise in my rear and in my typical fashion don't want to replace the bearing but rather dump that 10 bolt for a ford 9" with 4.30's

Anyone wanna make a donation?
    welcome to the club..reason they call our cars money pits

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    welcome to the club..reason they call our cars money pits
    +1

Sadly, 1 million dollars will not buy you much nowadays.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you could try checking the torque on the lower control arms..... those will pop over bumps if they're a little loose. If you haven't had them off then that's probably not the issue but maybe check them anyhow.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Nah I haven't had them off. and as for you TSS.... I LOVE every turn of the key. I hardly ever get the car above or even TO 3k rpm. I've done maybe 2 launches since I've owned the car and have never had it above 80mph or so. In fact i've never even gotten to hear the tires squeal in a corner.

As for the previous owners?????? who knows.... For all I know from 2000 to 2006 the car was beat to hell and back. All i do know is that the owner immediately before me only drove it once a week to keep all the fluids moving. only putting about 500 miles on it in 3 years.

I haven't had much of a chance to beat on the car see... i've only owned it since the end June. I HAVE done what I can to take care of it. Replacing worn things I find taking care of all the odds and ends that were not attended to by the last owner. I've done all the normal things. oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, injector cleaner, belts... still need to replace the diff fluid. I love my hawk. I wash it every week and take it to shows and drive it like a baby.... do i want to make it a more capable car? yes. will i use every bit of that capability.... prob not. Would i autox and drag it? at some point i'm sure i'd hit a sanctioned event somewhere.

In the end.... money pit = yup

side note. not mad at ya TSS no way you could know how i drive my car. I blame half it's probs on the fact that it only spent 3 years of it's life garaged. 6 years sitting in a FL driveway 3 years in a CT garage and 2 months with me.
    Last edited by LSCyaL8R; 08-13-2009 at 12:57 PM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I drive my 02 like it was a rental. I beat on it mercilessly at the track. I swing it around corners like it was a drift car.

It purrs like a kitten being petted and begs for more.....

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I don't need to worry about breaking it... I have another car that i DD. I'd just rather not have to fix things that i broke on purpose lol. I want to save money and buy a house and at the same time put some go fast goodies on my car to up the fun factor without breaking the bank. meh.... one step at a time i guess

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

A million dollars and all you can think about is modding a 10 year old $6000 car?

Are you 16?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

2 chicks at the same time.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I just got an annoying as clunk in the rear to. Everytime I hit a bump it makes that sound like hitting a tire pumped to 80psi with a piece of rebar. Sofa king annoying. But after tackling yet ANOTHER window motor swap this comming weekend, I am not going to have any interest to get under and start looking.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

no i'm not 16. if i were i'd go out and buy a Lambo or some other car that would blow the whole load in one place. Since i'm not 16 a million would be enough to satisfy my desire to enjoy my car and still leave me in a financial position to establish a home for myself and a future family. I'd use the remainder as a savings cushion that I would try to invest and grow to create future financial stability for my family.... So yeah if I had a million dollars i'd mod a 10 year old car because i'm NOT 16.

side note: since when is a low mile firehawk worth 6k?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    2 chicks at the same time.
    I know your tastes in women....what are you going to do with the other $999,990???

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I know your tastes in women....what are you going to do with the other $999,990???
    Pay for the cure to vd.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    A million dollars and all you can think about is modding a 10 year old $6000 car?

Are you 16?
    People pay hundreds of thousands to millions for (although I love them) piece of shit "muscle cars" that fell apart and rattled from the factory. Didn't have brakes, creature comforts, or traction either. What's the difference? This one's already a modern day classic. Give it a 20-25 yrs and the price of a firehawk will pick up nicely.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post

Are you 16?
    I can for see buying a decent forclosed house, fix it up. Another for closed house or two, to rent out for mouthly income. Then when the economy gets better, sell them. I would then buy a nice low miles, BMW 330i or X5 as a daily driver that's about 5 years old, one owner records and all. Then would find a nice F-Body (or mine) then slowly mod. Why the hell would I spend $200,000 on a "supercar" when I can make an F-Body, faster. Since allot of these guys rarely take there cars to a track, but want to beat your ass on a guick straigtaway as you come up next to them on a highway. We could easily make our cars smoke them in this area, maybe not on a road course.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

if I hit the lottery for millions my f-body isn't going anywhere. It'll get considerably faster though.

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

a million, hell i could get me another F-body. and i'd have to have a Z06 the rest i put to use on our house and property. pay off the jeep build me a shop buy a bass boat. save the rest and live at ease for a while.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    if I hit the lottery for millions my f-body isn't going anywhere. It'll get considerably faster though.
    500ci warhawk tall deck TT anybody ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information