Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Idiot Teenagers

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Idiot Teenagers

So it finally happened today. I tore into a job applicant. Teenager comes in today to apply for the 4th time. Ive taken 2 of her applications and the store manager had taken 1. On the apps we had both taken our notes looked the same. "Extreme body odor, dresses like they just came from the homeless shelter, no manners what so ever." Now my spelling sucks but this girls was atrocious.

So as I'm standing there talking to the store manager this girl is getting another app from one of guys at customer service. And she is talking shit about how we hadn't called her or anything. The store manager starts to walk over to talk to her and i just say "Ive got this". Walk over and introduce myself. She starts to talk to me and I just hold up my hand to stop her. I proceed to tell her that I just heard everything she said. Tell her I have no desire to talk to or interview her after what she said. I then tell her the reasons why she didn't get a call from us. "You come in here with no care about your appearance at all. If you haven't noticed we are all properly groomed and wearing casual business attire. Yet you come in here appearing to have just woken up and thrown on whatever was lying around. Secondly you have no manners. No introduction or anything to help me build a good impression of you. Just hey I want a job or as in today complaining about why we haven't called you. You have shown me nothing but reasons to not hire you. So just do me and you a favor. Give back the application and save us all from wasting our time."

At this point I can hear the store manager behind me laughing to herself. The girl then just gives us all a evil look tears up the app and storms out the door mad as hell.

Ive never done this before. Its usually just hi thank you and file it away in the do not call folder. But for some reason this girl just pushed me over the edge.

Maybe its because im getting older but it seems every year teenagers get dumber.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

You're not getting older. You are "old school". You have values that today's teens lack. Reminds me of my training days at Sears. I would teach the new hires how to work on cars, yet they did shit their way...and ruined a customer's car.

It's like when you yell "WHAT THE HELL DID I SAY?!?!?!" to someone and they give you this-->

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Wow.

Sure sounds like she presented herself badly.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Most kids these days want everything given to them ASAP. Umm...no.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Most kids these days want everything given to them ASAP. Umm...no.
    Yeah and dont give a shit about what they do. We finally had to start kicking out anyone under the age of 18 after 8 on fridays and saturdays since all they would do is come in the store hang out and tear it up.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    You're not getting older. You are "old school". You have values that today's teens lack. Reminds me of my training days at Sears. I would teach the new hires how to work on cars, yet they did shit their way...and ruined a customer's car.

It's like when you yell "WHAT THE HELL DID I SAY?!?!?!" to someone and they give you this-->
    Yeah I know how that goes when I worked at Target I was one of the main electronics trainers for the district. I would train someone and they would then go back to their store and do whatever way they wanted. I would then get calls from that stores manager asking if I trained them on how to do something. Also by far the worst part was kids thinking we had to work around their schedule. They would then be baffled as to why they were being fired for attendance.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

18 years old here

But yeah, I can agree, the majority of my peers are retards. In fact, none of us quite really have our heads on straight yet, including myself. I still have a lot to learn, maturity comes with age.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Yeah I know how that goes when I worked at Target I was one of the main electronics trainers for the district. I would train someone and they would then go back to their store and do whatever way they wanted. I would then get calls from that stores manager asking if I trained them on how to do something. Also by far the worst part was kids thinking we had to work around their schedule. They would then be baffled as to why they were being fired for attendance.
    Yep. Wanted to be paid...without putting ANY effort in at all.

Liquid Red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Oh c'mon, thats what this world is coming to. You have to be a little more lax with the gen xer's.

BTW, this post is pure sarcasm.

FASTER THNA SPEEDINtICKEt BANDITO's Avatar

White
    2002 trans-am

Hell No body wanted to hire me at this one shop because my gauges(holey ears) and the way I dressed. I applied like five times...I dress like this and its my thing wtf. hahaha Then I dressed up formal and shit applied again. They gave me a job. On my day off I went over there and they fking didn't recognize me! People judge to fking much.(now a run-on sentence) I was like were do I half to go to bee normaly viewed as a human bean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BANDITO View Post
    Hell No body wanted to hire me at this one shop because my gauges(holey ears) and the way I dressed. I applied like five times...I dress like this and its my thing wtf. hahaha Then I dressed up formal and shit applied again. They gave me a job. On my day off I went over there and they fking didn't recognize me! People judge to fking much.(now a run-on sentence) I was like were do I half to go to bee normaly viewed as a human bean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They probably didn't initially hire you because what you wore violated their dress code and/or it didn't look like you had enough ambition to clean yourself up. Not saying they were right or wrong but lifes all about first impressions. As far as WHERE you HAVE to go to BE NORMALLY viewed as a human BEING I dunno but it all worked out for you it seems.

Silver
    98 Camaro Z28

i believe its all on how your parents raise you and how you follow thier rules. im 18 i dont do anything the "new generation" does im wasnt brought up that way, i worst thing i do is drive fast, but can you blame me, i drive a ls1. my parents are "old skool" thats the way i wish it was now. not these pant saggin wanna be gangster's. im into muscle cars not bikes or japan ricers. i rather pay to drive my dads phase 2 l-88 cammed 427 with the holley 750 double pumper 55 chevy 2 door hardtop than drive a puddle jumper. but thats just me. yeah im 18 and i respect my parents. im not like these kids who expect everything handed to them, i worked my ass off for what i have. i didnt have everything handed to me like other kids my age. i think thats whats wrong with most kids out there my age. they just expect things handed to them. honestly i rather work for something and say i worked for that than to say yeah that was handed to me...

blue
    1999 TransAm

welcome to generation Y, Z, whatever you call 'em..

now if you want to hire one of these little darlings, ...you should make the following allowances:

- unlimited text messaging
    - facial piercings, preferably multiple
    - attitude, ...sometimes bad one..
    - poor posture, slouching, ...
    - bad vocabulary/grammer, courtesy of public skrools education
    - 26 floating holidays a year, plus 2 weeks for christmas and spring break..
    - allow them to correct you on what you don't know or are doing wrong.. - because afterall, you're arent' as cool as them..
    - at least one nap a day (so long as nobody is looking)..
    - ...and 7 days of spontaneous time-off because skrool calls, and the dog ate the homework...

ok, ok, i'm just being sarcastic..

...there are a lot of great hard-working youth out there, ...it's just easy to spot the lazy ones is all..

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Steve and Wiley are totally right. If your parents raised you well you will do well in the world and the laziness of a few(for now) will put a stigma on a whole generation.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's LS1 View Post
    i believe its all on how your parents raise you and how you follow thier rules. im 18 i dont do anything the "new generation" does im wasnt brought up that way, i worst thing i do is drive fast, but can you blame me, i drive a ls1. my parents are "old skool" thats the way i wish it was now. not these pant saggin wanna be gangster's. im into muscle cars not bikes or japan ricers. i rather pay to drive my dads phase 2 l-88 cammed 427 with the holley 750 double pumper 55 chevy 2 door hardtop than drive a puddle jumper. but thats just me. yeah im 18 and i respect my parents. im not like these kids who expect everything handed to them, i worked my ass off for what i have. i didnt have everything handed to me like other kids my age. i think thats whats wrong with most kids out there my age. they just expect things handed to them. honestly i rather work for something and say i worked for that than to say yeah that was handed to me...
    god bless ya! now spread those values/ethic onto your friends/etc!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I think everyone here knows how I feel about this generation...

FASTER THNA SPEEDINtICKEt BANDITO's Avatar

White
    2002 trans-am

Yeah I quit that shop haha. They Didn't pay me enough to fix the older mechanics screw ups or to be their tire repair man. Now I learn from my uncle, that in my eyes is a bad ass auto/diesel mechanic that pays me good enough to feed my CAR and family(FAMILY and car). Thing is my generation really needs to get priorities straight. In Hobbs nm nothing but shady ppl work at Applebees, Chili's and Even Mc Donalds! Bleh.
    Last edited by BANDITO; 05-09-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: just because no one speaks gehtto

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    So it finally happened today. I tore into a job applicant. Teenager comes in today to apply for the 4th time. Ive taken 2 of her applications and the store manager had taken 1. On the apps we had both taken our notes looked the same. "Extreme body odor, dresses like they just came from the homeless shelter, no manners what so ever." Now my spelling sucks but this girls was atrocious.

So as I'm standing there talking to the store manager this girl is getting another app from one of guys at customer service. And she is talking shit about how we hadn't called her or anything. The store manager starts to walk over to talk to her and i just say "Ive got this". Walk over and introduce myself. She starts to talk to me and I just hold up my hand to stop her. I proceed to tell her that I just heard everything she said. Tell her I have no desire to talk to or interview her after what she said. I then tell her the reasons why she didn't get a call from us. "You come in here with no care about your appearance at all. If you haven't noticed we are all properly groomed and wearing casual business attire. Yet you come in here appearing to have just woken up and thrown on whatever was lying around. Secondly you have no manners. No introduction or anything to help me build a good impression of you. Just hey I want a job or as in today complaining about why we haven't called you. You have shown me nothing but reasons to not hire you. So just do me and you a favor. Give back the application and save us all from wasting our time."

At this point I can hear the store manager behind me laughing to herself. The girl then just gives us all a evil look tears up the app and storms out the door mad as hell.

Ive never done this before. Its usually just hi thank you and file it away in the do not call folder. But for some reason this girl just pushed me over the edge.

Maybe its because im getting older but it seems every year teenagers get dumber.
    that's awesome-where do you work?

Black
    1999 Trans Am

You sooo lost me in that last sentence Bandito.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

And you have to love the jealous, spiteful wastes of flesh who look at us hard workers and say...

"MOMMY AND DADDY BOUGHT THEIR CAR FOR THEM."

Teens just spit whatever comes to their burned out little pea-brains. Can barely wipe their own ass and want to look tough...that is until they get knocked on their ass.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information