Thread: Identity Theft

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

Identity Theft

Around a year ago, someone had stolen my wife's debit card number and made $2,200.00 worth of overseas purchases from our account.......the bank made it all good. . But it's a huge hassle..... On Jan 17 this year they have stolen our new checking account # and purchased $867 worth of electronics at a Wal-Mart ..... So we close the new account AGAIN, open new account #3, file police report AGAIN, submit new direct deposit information forms to HR again.....hassle hassle hassle ...... Yesterday we received a notice from a collection agency - trying to collect $36.00 from a bad check used at a "Dollar General" store in Mass. - never been to Mass. In my life, scumbags are prolly still trying to use fake checks with our account info...... Waiting until morning to discuss with police on how we should handle this $36.00 collection notice.... We had frozen that account as soon as we seen theft, thus the reason why Dollar General hasn't received payment....HA. Wrong state idiots...

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

That's friggin messed up man. There's few things in the world I hate, and this is one of them. Fucking scumbags.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Had the same problem too. Told the collection agency to give me their fax and I had the police send over a report stating what had happen. I also had the same report sent to all three credit reporting agencies and had it documented on my "record" After that no more issues. FINGERS CROSSED

I may sign up for lifelock if it happens again.

A-holes that do this shit need to be slow roaster over a fire with a pike up their ass.

Good Luck

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Pennsylvania enacted semi-tough identity theft laws several years ago... right after our State Representative had his stolen. Go figure.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

this is a huge pet peeve of mine...not the theft part of it.....but how it's handled afterwards. This can be said for a lot of today's institutions really. It's frigin 2012.....nothing should take more than a few minutes to do......NOTHING. Every company out there and every state agency out there has computers. There's absolutely no excuse for these things to take long to figure out and fix.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Agreed.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I had this happen as well, it took 2 years for it to clear my credit report. The bank dragged their feet in their investigation, and once they finally figured out it really wasn't me who opened a $200 credit card, which went 2 years without being paid (over $2k in late fees and interest), they told me it would take another 90 days for it to show cleared in my credit report. Thanks for the shitty interest rate on my TA for 2 years asssholes.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

One thing I thank God for is not being a victim of this, yet. Knock on wood...brb.....ok, so ya, I hope this never happens to me. I heard some horror stories.

Thread Information