Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Was I wrong here?

OK so today was spend getting my daughter skilled in the art of riding a bike with no training wheels. We did a pretty good job with only a couple falls and a little scraped knee.

As we were finishing up my gf was last and my daughter was in the middle. I rode up to the house while they were doing something on the sidewalk in front of the house.

Apparently some teenaged kid was riding his bike up the sidewalk and while I was in the driveway I heard him singing or something and I was just like whatever so I am attending to my daughter and my gf is perturbed... So I ask what's up?

She said that kid said something ( I can't recall exactly what she said.) So I asked what he said and she says nevermind it was nothing..... I ask again what did he say? Nothing just some young asshole, it was nothing.

MY daughter went into the house so she witnessed none of this

After 3 or 4 more times of asking and getting nowhere I am beyond pissed. So I pick up her bike and throw it across the driveway setting a new distance record and now I am the asshole.

A few hours later after I come in the house she tells me that the kid said something about slow people on the sidewalk and a fat ass on the sidewalk. (GF is not fat yet has a black girl booty) or some shit like that.

I try explaining to her that My daughter was there in front my house and I am not going to let someone show that level of disrespect to anyone in my family... She continues it was no big deal and she diden't want me beating anyone up over it.

However I am pissed that number 1.. Someone would be that disrespectful to someone on the sidewalk... (no idea if he seen my kid or not) and 2 she would not tell me what he said.

I guess I am still the asshole, but whatever.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

You threw her bike?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Might be time to enroll in anger management.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Might be time to enroll in anger management.
    Totally. And ya, thats sounds like something I'd totally do. Well, when i was younger atleast.

You shouldn't have taken it out on your daughters bike. Now her bike is all scratched up for no reason. You should have tossed him instead

midnight blue

lol I threw the gf's bike because it was right in front of me. I know I regret doing it, but at the same time I do not like my family and I getting disrespected. The fact that she would not tell me just made it worse. If she would have told me I probally would have just let it go because the kid was already out of distance anyways.

Anger management really?

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Oh, ok, ya I understand now. Wrong tossing her bike? Ya, i'm sure no one would score any brownie points on that one.

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

It sounds like a lesson.

You need to figure out which battles to fight. This wasn't one of them.

Where the wheels fell off the bus is when you insisted to be told what she said. I've learned that when women say 'Nevermind', say 'OK' and go back to business. If it's important, they'll fill you in on what you missed.

G

Heres what I learned... ask and no answer, let it go or you will end up pissed off. I don't even bother asking some stuff anymore. Today she was over and pissed me off I just said nothing and walked away. Then I got are you done pouting now... I said are you done being a bitch? lol

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

honestly i think thats pretty fuckin badass. now she knows if she doesnt tell ya exactly what she was bitching about or heard, that huffy is setting shotput records. nice

Seriously i hate when someone says something or leads you onto something and then goes "forget it, its not that big a deal". well dont fuckin bring it up then.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    lol I threw the gf's bike because it was right in front of me. I know I regret doing it, but at the same time I do not like my family and I getting disrespected. The fact that she would not tell me just made it worse. If she would have told me I probally would have just let it go because the kid was already out of distance anyways.

Anger management really?
    you forgot to put "unless I'm the one doing it" at the end of that. Throwing the bike was a bad move and if you get worked up over something that small you're going to be fighting a lot of battles in life. Bigger shit to worry about than what some teenager says.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Im the guy that yells "hey fattie, get a job" out the window to your wife/kids etc when im not in the t/a

People do it to me all the time and I laugh.

Who gives a rats ass what people say.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

yes... you should have thrown your GF at the kid... them bikes can be expensive to repair...

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Relax and take a deep breath... Directing your anger by throwing your girlfriend's bike because some young jerk made a rude comment is not the way to take control of a situation. Actually, it places you in the position of using what many people would consider poor judgement and makes you out to be the bad guy even though your intentions are good.

There are plenty of young jerks who will make rude comments. You will spend a lot of time fixing your girlfriend's bike if you act the way you did every time something like this happens.

Your girlfriend obviously asessed the situation, diagnosed the guy as a young jerk, and then moved on. I suggest that you can learn from her behavior.

This isn't like being in a bar at 11:00pm on a Friday night with some idiot insulting your girlfriend to her face and you protecting her... This is a young jerk cruising by with a bad attitude on a bicycle... By acting the way you did you essentially lowered yourself to his level.

Extracting every possible tidbit of information about the situation from your girlfriend also seems a bit excessive. You may want to consider trusting her evalulation of the situation since she seemed to get over it (but you kept persisting in your desire to know every detail) and you reacted in a manner that was not appropriate.

There are plenty of jerks in the world and trusting your girlfriend's judgement will go a long way toward keeping you from busting someone's jaw in a situation that could get you in trouble.
    Last edited by tnthub; 07-13-2009 at 06:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Let it be, you can’t punch your way through life. Who cares what some kid has to say. You're not an asshole, just learn to take the high road, look the other way.
    Last edited by waldo; 07-13-2009 at 05:40 AM.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

She didn't want to tell you because she knew exactly how you were going to act & she's probably getting fed up with it.
    Women don't need us to "protect" them from everything. Believe me, if she needed you to protect her, she'd tell you.
    You disrespected her by not allowing her to handle it & by going off on her & damaging her property.

tnthub has alot of wisdom in his post.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    She didn't want to tell you because she knew exactly how you were going to act & she's probably getting fed up with it.
    Women don't need us to "protect" them from everything. Believe me, if she needed you to protect her, she'd tell you.
    You disrespected her by not allowing her to handle it & by going off on her & damaging her property.

tnthub has alot of wisdom in his post.
    on everything you said there.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

i dont know if your an asshole, u threw her bike thats so sad, i would have cried if i were your daughter... but you're like my BF you HAVE to know. Like who cares why not just let it go? Was it worth the energy of throwing the bike?

omg thats so funny, you threw the poor girls bike, you owe her an apology!

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You've got a temper, my friend. Let it go.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Have you seen that kid before or know where he lives? If so, when you see him ask him what he said (in a polite way) and/or if your girlfriend is still bent out of shape take her to his house and speak with his parents......if not, just let it go and buy her a new bike...Fighting with that kid will be wrong (it brings your adult level down, and throwing bikes have already taken your points down a few notches). Try not to show your anger around your daughter since she is very young....

midnight blue

There would have been no fighting with the kid. He would have just been forced to say he was sorry. I hate smart ass people. I refuse to put up with that shit... especially if their was malice in what they said....

Especially the fact that he might have said something negative to my daughter or she might have heard him... that makes my blood boil. No one will ever disrespect her as long as I am around. I do not have a temper around my daughter nor have I ever used foul launguage around her. I don't have a high tolerance for people who act like asses around her. I could put up with someone talking smack to my gf.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information