Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Was I in the wrong?

So, yesterday, before I went to work, I went to the mall to get some ammo for a Thanksgiving tradition and some food for work. After I spend about an hour in Bass Pro Shop, I head over to Chipotle to grab a burrito before heading to work. As I'm coming out of the restaurant, I see this lady backing into the parking spot next to mine. Since I pulled straight in, I decided to wait for her to exit her vehicle before I got in mine...doing that whole courteous thing. I lean on my front fender and wait. I see her look in her rear view mirror before getting out of her car. She then opens the door the fastest I've ever seen a door opened. Not a shocker that it hits my rear quarter panel with enough force to shake the entire car. Here is the following dialog that passes between us:

Me [yelled at the top of my lungs]: "What the fuck!"

Her: "What?"

Me: "You just hit my car with your door."

Her: "So? It's just a car, get over it." She then gets out of her car, closes her door and starts to walk past me to Chipotle.

Me: "Ok, if that's the case..." I then proceed to kick her door and leave a semi large dent in the middle of the panel.

Her: "What did you do that for?"

Me: "Oh don't worry, it's just a car, get over it."

I then get in my car and drive off with her yelling at me about how I'm going to have to pay for the damage to her car. I'm not sure if she wrote down my license plate or not

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but if she had just apologized instead of being snotty, I wouldn't have done anything, except be mad for a few minutes afterward. Was what I did wrong?

Anyway...an upturn to my day, was what was parked next to me when I came out of Bass Pro Shop earlier.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yes you did bad..........now go repent.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

No, I would have keyed the word "BITCH" on her door!

2011 Prius

I have done similair in the past, no you did nothing wrong. She should have offered to pay for any damage to your car in the first place...

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

pics of the bitch driving the 5th gen?

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

that is what you get for not parking as far away as you can....

i make sure to park on mars every place i go... don't care how far i have to walk, i'd rather not have to deal with stuff like this because i'd to the same thing.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post

i make sure to park on mars every place i go... don't care how far i have to walk, i'd rather not have to deal with stuff like this because i'd to the same thing.
    I personally do, unless I am going to a store and I can see my car the entire time. Like movie rentail or hair cut. But people see a nice car and will park there shitty buick/honda/ford next to it...

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    I personally do, unless I am going to a store and I can see my car the entire time. Like movie rentail or hair cut. But people see a nice car and will park there shitty buick/honda/ford next to it...
    the "unless" is what will get you. and i have been doing it with every car i have owned for 18 years and can't think of ONE time that somebody parked close to me just to be a dick..... i'm not saying that never happens but there are a LOT more people out there that will open their door in to you than would park waaaaaaaaaaay out of their way just to be a dink.

and i would be 1000000x more mad if somebody parked SUPER close to me just to be a dick. i would key or kick the car very badly of the person that did this... and since i'm parked far away nobody will see me do it

2011 Prius

and i would be 1000000x more mad if somebody parked SUPER close to me just to be a dick. i would key or kick the car very badly of the person that did this... and since i'm parked far away nobody will see me do it
    I had that happend to me when I worked at Walmart, I parked at the very farrest up hill corner. This shitty Ford Tuarus parked next to me, old box shaped one. He opened his door into my Trans Am, I was so pissed. I did kick his door in, he still did it every time he was scheduled to work with me. I never found who he was. But I had it, for all the new dents. So I ended it once for all... Finished what little paint he had left down the driver side... He never parked next to my car again.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Never surprises me the balls some chics have....a dude would be a lot less likely to do/say something like that because he knows the consequences. Fuckin women...hate them. You're my hero for the day bro.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by infantryws6 View Post
    pics of the bitch driving the 5th gen?
    I had to go to work, and there is no telling how long a woman is going to be in the mall...I could have waited for hours, and knowing my luck, she would have been ugly.

It was only my GTP...I'm not going to say I don't care about it, but it is my daily driver and shit like this happens. Like I said, if she had just apologized I would not have been that upset.

And if it had been the Trans Am, I would be in jail for attempted murder, if not murder itself.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I know exactly what you are saying, i had a woman pull up next to me at the bank, i was sitting in my truck waiting for her to get out, she then slammed her door into my truck, looked me in the eyes and walked off, she knew what she did, so i waited for her to go into the bank, i got out of my truck and "accidently" slipped and my foot hit her door, rear door and fender... Oooops.
    The politicaly correct thing to do is to call the cops and let them do a report but hey it is what it is...
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

If you didnt want your car to get dinged why would you park near others? Live & Learn

Black
    1998 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Never surprises me the balls some chics have....a dude would be a lot less likely to do/say something like that because he knows the consequences. Fuckin women...hate them. You're my hero for the day bro.
    Amen. I hate when people think they're privileged for some bull reason known only to them, and for whatever reason it seems to happen more often with women.

Nice job Jeremy! Way to put her back in her place!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

well... you already know what i'd have done... nope.. you weren't wrong...

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    well... you already know what i'd have done... nope.. you weren't wrong...
    He was wrong for parking near other assholes though.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    He was wrong for parking near other assholes though.
    Says she was backing in as he was leaving...so spot was empty when he parked.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

This
    Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    If you didnt want your car to get dinged why would you park near others? Live & Learn
    And, this...

When I'm driving my Probe, I'll park just about as close to the door as possible. Cuz, I couldn't care less about that car. But, when I drive my Camaro, it's all the way to the rear of the parking lot where only people that don't want their doors dinged park

Went to the grocery store yesterday and my husband went with me. I parked in my usual spot and he just glared at me and said 'what the hell?' I told him next time, if it's such a burden for you, I'll drop you off at the door and meet you in the store. Or we can take your truck and you can park anywhere you like

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Pussy, should have done more honestly

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Pop 2 of their tires. Always wait for them to go inside and then pop 2 of their tires.
    I can't remember how many times I've done that. Steal the parking spot I was waiting for? Park so close I can't open the drivers side door? That's ok. I'm putting a hole in the sidewall of 2 of your tires with my knife. Why 2? because most people don't carry 2 spares. I bet I did that 10 times at the mall last year at Christmas to assholes who took the parking space I was waiting on

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information