View Poll Results: Which would you keep?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mustang GT

1 14.29%
  • MonteCarlo

6 85.71%

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

I would like your advice on this.

I have three cars a 99ws6, 98mustang gt and a 98 montecarlo z34 which is my daily driver. My plan was to sell the mustang to buy a used full size truck/ suv sometime next year. I been trying to sale the mustang for a while now pretty cheap($3500) and have not gotten any interest. I had got in a minor fender bender in the mustang a while ago and the car needs a new rear bumper(current bumber and tailight is cracked) , and this is causing me to have to take a huge loss in the car's value even though I have invested a ton money fixing and changing parts on the car. The car still runs great despite the fender bender. I'm starting to think maybe I should try to sell the montecarlo instead seeing that there worth nearly the same, but I would def miss the smooth ride and great gas mileage(def if gas goes back up).

cliff notes
    Should I keep the montecarlo or mustang?

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i'd keep the monte but i'm biased as my old 96 ls is my winter car...and i wouldn't have it any other way. car runs pretty darn good for the miles that she has on her and with school the space in the trunk and backseat are great...and since it's a 30 mile drive one way it's good and comfy.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

My dad has a 97 Monte Carlo, let me use it as a dd for a few months after I had my accident, and I loved that car. Smooth as can be, and got me everywhere I needed to be on $30 or less a week, even when gas was $4+/gal.

You already have a WS6..more power, looks better, and gets better mileage than the stang, so you really don't need it. Problem is...late 90's models are the least desired of any mustangs ever produced. Only way you're gonna get rid of it is to take a massive hit on the price so some high schooler gets a crazy deal that he can afford on something slighly faster than his buddy's '89 Honda.

Bottom line...
    If you need money, sell the Monte Carlo. People are still too scared of gas to buy a V8 sports car, and even if they weren't...a 98 stang isn't anyone's first choice.
    If you need rid of a car, give a kid a deal on his first pony car.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    My dad has a 97 Monte Carlo, let me use it as a dd for a few months after I had my accident, and I loved that car. Smooth as can be, and got me everywhere I needed to be on $30 or less a week, even when gas was $4+/gal.

You already have a WS6..more power, looks better, and gets better mileage than the stang, so you really don't need it. Problem is...late 90's models are the least desired of any mustangs ever produced. Only way you're gonna get rid of it is to take a massive hit on the price so some high schooler gets a crazy deal that he can afford on something slighly faster than his buddy's '89 Honda.

Bottom line...
    If you need money, sell the Monte Carlo. People are still too scared of gas to buy a V8 sports car, and even if they weren't...a 98 stang isn't anyone's first choice.
    If you need rid of a car, give a kid a deal on his first pony car.
    Yeah the mc has been great, I know stock the 96-98 gt's are not fast mine has a couple mods, and a couple more mods, cams and 4.10 gears laying around that I never got around to installing(lost interest after the fender bender), so you guys would still take the mc over the stang even though I would have a truck and ws6 by next spring? Interesting..............

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

go for the practicallity man. You need at least one car you can carry your buddies in

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

definitely stick with the monte. you've got the ws6 what do you need the mustang for?

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Hmmm... I'd sell both of them. That Z34 will cost you a pretty penny if you lose a timing belt... those bastards are interference motors, and the belts suck ass to change.

But, if it was only one... the stang. Why have 2 RWD vehicles that could get you killed in the winter? On the same note though... good luck finding someone to buy that thing until like april, LOL

Thread Information