1966 Corvette Coupe

I though prices would have come down by now

man im finally really looking for a T/A and i just cant find one that im like ok thats it... maybe im being too picky, but its the dead of winter and 5 year old cars meeting my requirement are listed for an average of about $23k... I really didnt want to spend over $20k on a car.

I have even been looking for SS's... 00-02 and they are going for like $20k with like 25k miles on them... im really not looking for a camaro so i really dont want to pay more than like $16.5k for an ss... and a z28... man i would have to drop so much cash on it to make it what i would want i dont want to pay more than like $13k for one...

i know im being picky, but these cars have actually started getting more expensive... like 2 years ago you could pick up a LOW miles ws6 for like $17.5k.

GRRRRRRRR... if this keeps up im gonna have to buy a mach 1... they are going for like $17k with under 20k miles... and they are 2 years newer... and the $4k difference means a supercharger and a few touches here and ther to make it MY car... and well faster than alot of T/A's... but man i would miss those t tops...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Keep looking . Around Alabama/Georgia a WS6 can be had in the $13k to $17k range.

http://autotrader.com/fyc/searchresu...&model=TRANSAM

you are going to have to expand your search outside of BFE

you need to get your cash in order and take a flight down to Dallas and rent a car and drive around until you find what you want, close the deal and haul ass back home

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You can get one cheaper if you are prepared to travel

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

dont let BillyT let you know you want T tops, man how can you drive a car with those, it's so DATED!
    i guess this is good news for me since I've got a one owner gargage queen Z28 since new

1966 Corvette Coupe

yeah thanks for the link to autotrader.com i looked at the page about 3 minutes ago... yeah and look at the prices... find me a car with under 20k miles for under $20k... i really have to have a black m6 ws6... but just showing me a few cars will let me know they are out there...

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

get a ford...mach one...fooooord... the blue oval is calling, with a free haircut to remove the mullet

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    yeah thanks for the link to autotrader.com i looked at the page about 3 minutes ago... yeah and look at the prices... find me a car with under 20k miles for under $20k... i really have to have a black m6 ws6... but just showing me a few cars will let me know they are out there...
    2000 Used Pontiac Trans Am / Formula 24,195
    Mileage $14,900
    Price
    751 mi
    from ZIP

2000 Used Pontiac Trans Am / Formula 7,331
    Mileage $18,995
    Price
    1585 mi
    from ZIP

http://autotrader.com/fyc/searchresu...&model=TRANSAM

you are looking to get a semi-limited car that has been driven ~4000 miles a year at the LOW end of the price spectrum.....hard to do in a smaller area

both of the cars shown had the WS6 hood and are black

you also need to remember many dealers have a geat deal of room in their used car prices....especially on a car of this type....never know when the "must have it guy" will bite and over pay

many private sellers in Dallas, Houston, OKC, KC, Memphis probably do not need to sell national so they only list local....you need to get news papers from those areas

lastly the "must be black must be WS6....." spoken at the wrong time will preclude you from ANY type of a good deal

1966 Corvette Coupe

hey all im saying is prices have gone up... and i cant justify spending what ppl are wanting from them...

and finding an actually reasonably priced 2000 ws7 isnt any biggy... and one formy is an exception... and you have to also think that i might be able to get a$23k car for $18k if i hunt real hard... but if i put that much effort into a $18k car i could prolly get it for $15k... so price is still a major consideration...
    Last edited by predator; 02-11-2006 at 08:32 PM.

im just saying if you work at it you might be able to do it

i actually feel the same as you....including about the Mustang....by the time im looking for another car a trans am or camaro will probably be 5-6 years old

if you were willing to give on the milage some you could probably find a better deal

if you really want to see a car that is over priced look at an RX-7.....10 year old jap cars for 20Gs

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Ford, get a Ford...damn I cant help tempting him

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

If you want to spend over $20 k , get a GTO.

1966 Corvette Coupe

i dont want to spend over $20k... and i dont want a GTO...

i want to find a 2002 black on black m6 virgin trans am with around 15K-18K on the clock for like $17.5k not $22k...

and if you look on the 4 sale section youll see what im running into... i know there is one with 30k on the odo and they want i think $21.5k for it... i can go get an 05 gt with like 10k on it for prolly $17k... maybe more maybe less... throw the new magna charger on it and BAM!!!! fast 3v 4.6...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Well it seems you have a lot of guys trying to help you out.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

It takes alot of looking. I think I looked for about 2 years untill I finally ran across a deal I just could not refuse. I bought my 98WS6 with less than 50k miles on it for $12,500.

Thread Information