Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    99 Hugger Z28, 03 R6

I think I got scammed last night

So long story short. My fiance and I went to a bridal show several weeks ago. She filled many "win me" stupid little sweepstakes boxes all over the show. This weekend we get a call saying we won a trip, but we have to sit through a 2 sales demo and at a nearby hotel. I didnt think it was that easy from the start.

We go and 2 hrs turned into 3.5. Demo started at 9pm. They used every trick in the book and we bought it. Us along with about 6 other couples. So now we bought a $1600 set of cookware and china we dont need.

The company was Associated Consulants selling Corica cookware. I googled the shit out of it this morning and find scam links all over.

Now what do I do? Im going to try to cancel the order today after work but they told us that the discounts they gave us were so deep that sales were final and we had to initial the back of the contract app. Yes that was a red flag but at the time it was 130 am, I was tired and wanted to get the hell out of there.

Should I try calling BBB or maybe even the Attorney General first? Or just call them directly and hope for the best. We did not sign up for the financing, just the layaway. But after a 20% down payment of $3xx.

I feel like an idiot, it didnt sound right from the start but I still bought the shit.

Any advice is appreciated.

Red
    2001 ws6

what happened to the trip?

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

You should fee like a idiot.. lol Haven't you ever heard of those things??? U get free shit when u go sit through people trying to sell merchandise or property, then afterwards when you keep bugging them you usually get something out of it but it isnt what you expect and the 3-6hrs of sitting through the shit they want to advertise you ISNT WORTH IT. Why would you approve buying a $1600 set of cookware anyways? Ever heard of just saying no? I doubt you will be able to do anything since your the one who said yes in the first place. lol sorry to say

99 Hugger Z28, 03 R6

We got a certificate for the trip. Found online that the hotels are in high crime areas. So, Im not going to risk going on the trip.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Ouch! Did you pay by credit card? You may be able to reverse it depending upon your credit card company.

Red
    2001 ws6

send me the tickets for the trip, ill go

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

To the OP, based on the title of the thread, it seems there is some question as to if you were scammed. The reality is that you were scammed out of your time. The fact that you made the decision to spend money on something you admit you do not need (and presumably do not want) is a poor decision on your part that should not be blamed on anyone else.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

your fiance sounds like a keeper, and you arent even married yet...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Im sorry, this is kinda funny. 1600 bucks in COOKWARE? You scammed yourself out of your own money. How did they scam you? Did they MAKE you buy 1600 bucks worth of cookware?. Its only a scam if you do not recieve the goods you payed for. Im sure they will send you the cookware, then you can have a cookoff.

Black
    99 Z28

You probably suffer from yesitis, the inability to say no.

Hope you enjoy your cookware man!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Arctic White
    1997 Trans Am

wal mart has cooking stuff much cheaper that will do the same thing.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

we did the same thing too. Dude cooked us stuff in the cookware too ... lol. At the end we said thanks, took the certificate for the trip and left. Only one couple (ouf of like 5 couples who were there) signed up for the cookware. Yeah, the packages for the trip sucks so we just said "shame on ourselves for wasting our time" and threw it away

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Cookies galore at your house for a few weeks hopefully. Thats the only positive I can think of coming from this.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

there is no scam, just hustle.......if you were scammed you would not have gotten anything.

Arctic White
    1997 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Cookies galore at your house for a few weeks hopefully. Thats the only positive I can think of coming from this.
    im waiting for the bacon...

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Count this as a very inexpensive life lesson.Do whatever you have to do to get through it and never forget.In life two things I have found to remain true no matter what.(1) If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.(2) There is no such thing as a free lunch in life.Everything costs something.Just my.02.

White
    '10 ZR1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Im sorry, this is kinda funny. 1600 bucks in COOKWARE? You scammed yourself out of your own money. How did they scam you? Did they MAKE you buy 1600 bucks worth of cookware?. Its only a scam if you do not recieve the goods you payed for. Im sure they will send you the cookware, then you can have a cookoff.
    This is freakin' hilarious!

Maybe I should send my buddy that sells Kirby vacuum cleaners by your place......and you can spend $1,600 bucks on one of those babies too!

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

Serious question....why didn't you just walk out? Did they have the doors barred or something? What made you decide to stay, and ultimately purchase the product?

We invited someone in to show us a water purification system once. Biggest waste of time ever. I worked in a pool store for 4 years and tested water so I knew a little bit about water chemistry and some of the things he said were pure BS. Turned out the sytem was like 3,XXX or something. When I heard that, I told him I wasn't interested at the time.

I offered him my card and asked him forum his. He said he could not take my card and would not provide me one of his unless I bought that day. I asked, "What kind of business turns away a potential customer who is providing their contact information and is asking you to call back in a few days after he has a chance to think about it?"

He started getting pushy and irate, and I politely told him to get the Fvck out of my home.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    we did the same thing too. Dude cooked us stuff in the cookware too ... lol. At the end we said thanks, took the certificate for the trip and left. Only one couple (ouf of like 5 couples who were there) signed up for the cookware. Yeah, the packages for the trip sucks so we just said "shame on ourselves for wasting our time" and threw it away
    haha I guess we know who signed up now!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information