Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

I still don't get why Tim Tebow is out of an NFL job"

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Because he "under performed" when he had his shot. Some guys just don't do well in the NFL vs College.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I don't get it either......he went to Denver and won a playoff game then was immediately traded to the Jets who never had any plans of giving him a legitimate chance. The guy won games.....that's the bottom line right? How could he be any worse than having any of the QB's Minnesota, JAX, and the raiders have had since?

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Because he "under performed" when he had his shot. Some guys just don't do well in the NFL vs College.
    how do you figure...? took over the Bronco's half way through the season and took them to the playoffs and won a game. At the time, Matt Ryan still had not won a game and was looked at as a god...I'd take Tebow over 4 or 5 QB's that are starting this year. Peyton Manning came onto the market and ruined whatever chance he had of staying in Denver...Jets blatantly lied to him about what he was going to be doing there and never really gave him a shot unless it was a run play.

Tebow > Geno Smith
    Tebow > Tony Romo
    Tebow > Andy Dalton
    Tebow > Ryan Fitzpatrick

At the end of the day, Tebow creates a winning atmosphere and gets people to believe in him an the team...you cant teach that and its very rare. Wins come along with that type of environment...Denver was a prime example of that.

I think McCown in Tampa is going to be one to watch...guy had some crazy accuracy numbers and Touchdown to Interception ratios last year.

Navy Blue Metallic

Plus he's tied with Romo...wining only one playoff game.....sorry I'm really hating on him this year. Totally pissed me off before his injury. I've accepted he will never take the Cowboys to the Superbowl. He'll do around 13 yrs in the league and retire and be paid very well. By my count he's got 2 more years unless he gets hurt again this year.

When he's on, he's on, but too many team defenses have his number.

With JJ record of taking on troubled/questionable players you would think he'd be looking at Tebow as a backup. Lord knows we need one.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 07-30-2014 at 11:29 AM.

Ray Charles blue

Eh, he doesn't do anything great. Good athlete, good person, smart football player, but lacking in the big big play repertoire.

Black / White

Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos hosted the Pittsburgh Steelers during the first round of the NFL playoffs. Tebow threw for a career high 316 yards and two touchdowns, including an 80-yard TD to Demaryius Thomas on the first play of overtime, as the Broncos won 29-23.

Tebow completed 10 of his 21 passes in the contest, setting the franchise record for quarterback rating in a playoff game (125.6) and an NFL record for yards per completion (31.6) in a playoff game.
    Franchise record...? AND an NFL Playoff record...? hmmmmm....

fyi im not a Tebow fan...in fact, I hate the Gators but I think this dude gets slammed way too much for no reason.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I don't get it either......he went to Denver and won a playoff game then was immediately traded to the Jets who never had any plans of giving him a legitimate chance. The guy won games.....that's the bottom line right? How could he be any worse than having any of the QB's Minnesota, JAX, and the raiders have had since?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    how do you figure...? took over the Bronco's half way through the season and took them to the playoffs and won a game. At the time, Matt Ryan still had not won a game and was looked at as a god...I'd take Tebow over 4 or 5 QB's that are starting this year. Peyton Manning came onto the market and ruined whatever chance he had of staying in Denver...Jets blatantly lied to him about what he was going to be doing there and never really gave him a shot unless it was a run play.

Tebow > Geno Smith
    Tebow > Tony Romo
    Tebow > Andy Dalton
    Tebow > Ryan Fitzpatrick

At the end of the day, Tebow creates a winning atmosphere and gets people to believe in him an the team...you cant teach that and its very rare. Wins come along with that type of environment...Denver was a prime example of that.

I think McCown in Tampa is going to be one to watch...guy had some crazy accuracy numbers and Touchdown to Interception ratios last year.
    +1 Theorangeguy for president

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Eh, he doesn't do anything great. Good athlete, good person, smart football player, but lacking in the big big play repertoire.
    I disagree, i think he IS A GREAT ATHLETE.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    I tried reading that article but it had too many words.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Teams don't want him because of the media circus that comes with him.

If he were doing drugs and hos instead of praying he would be just another NFL player.

But since he's a devout Christian the media will constantly be watching for him to do something wrong so they can shout it from the rooftops.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

did you not watch the playoff game he won against Shitsburgh? Just doesn't get much bigger than that......or any one of the many 4th quarter comebacks he had that year. Look.....I don't think the guy is hall of fame material or will ever lead any passing stats but I doubt there's many people out there that don't recognize he's a winner and it's surprising some team hasn't at least given him a chance.

As far as the media circus it can't be any worse than Johnny Football the difference being is Teabag knows how to handle himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post

Tebow > Geno Smith
    Tebow > Tony Romo
    Tebow > Andy Dalton
    Tebow > Ryan Fitzpatrick

I'm still pissed they gave Cutler a 7 year contract and cut McCown

red
    95 Z28

Timmy needs to learn to be a tight end or special teams guy. I think if he was willing to do that, an NFL team would at least give him a shot. I would definitely like to see him playing again, on any team

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Timmy needs to learn to be a tight end or special teams guy. I think if he was willing to do that, an NFL team would at least give him a shot. I would definitely like to see him playing again, on any team
    I dont get that recommendation either...he set both a Broncos record and an NFL record as a QB in the playoffs. I dont understand how people can say "well, he's just not that good of a QB...he never really did anything except set 2 records that John Elway could never do and Peyton Manning has yet to pass up...but he's still not a good QB."

He had the single most dominating game in Playoff history when it comes to Playoff Yards Per Pass Completion...

here's a list of who is behind him...

5. Johnny Unitas
    6. Joe Flacco
    12. Terry Bradshaw
    30. John Elway
    33. Dan Marino
    45. Philip Rivers
    46. Colin Kapernick

thats a pretty stout list and the guy who needs to be a tight end is leading it...I'm not saying that Tebow is Drew Brees or Peyton Manning, but to say the dude cant throw the ball is a little crazy to me because you cant make up his numbers...they speak for themselves. I think people who buy into what ESPN says are the ones saying "well, he needs to be a line backer or something."

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    +1

+1 Theorangeguy for president

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree, i think he IS A GREAT ATHLETE.

Ray Charles blue

did you not watch the playoff game he won against Shitsburgh? Just doesn't get much bigger than that......or any one of the many 4th quarter comebacks he had that year. Look.....I don't think the guy is hall of fame material or will ever lead any passing stats but I doubt there's many people out there that don't recognize he's a winner and it's surprising some team hasn't at least given him a chance.

As far as the media circus it can't be any worse than Johnny Football the difference being is Teabag knows how to handle himself.
    Frank Reich as a backup QB beat an unbeaten team when he came in for JK, he also got them into the playoffs and won another game with a HUGE comeback.

How did it work out for him?

TT does not have the arm that some of these guys have. He doesn't have the speed of others. He doesn't have the same presence on the field either and though he can win games you can't say he is the same caliber as some of the others. That being said I feel he is a better QB than some starters in the NFL and CERTAINLY better than some back-ups. That being said, many of these teams see him as more of a liability. Everyone loves controversy but not when the only portion of it is around religion. It is sad to see but that is a large portion of it.

Some of these other clubs though are picking youngsters or guys early in their careers who can stick with the team and be molded and built into what they want. I don't see TT being that.

Again, good athlete but not as good as what you guys are making him out to be. For instance. He is a not a pocket QB and doesn't have the strongest arm, nor is he the fastest runner. Who is he comparable to? Remember a guy they called "Slash" who played for Pitt many moons ago? Yeah, same type of player but TT doesn't do any of the things as good as that guy did, and how long did he stay in the NFL in a starting role? Exactly. Slash was a much better overall athlete than TT in every sense of the word and every contest of power, speed, and agility and he couldn't even make it that long.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    ^^this

Might be afraid of getting tackle

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Frank Reich as a backup QB beat an unbeaten team when he came in for JK, he also got them into the playoffs and won another game with a HUGE comeback.

How did it work out for him?

TT does not have the arm that some of these guys have. He doesn't have the speed of others. He doesn't have the same presence on the field either and though he can win games you can't say he is the same caliber as some of the others. That being said I feel he is a better QB than some starters in the NFL and CERTAINLY better than some back-ups. That being said, many of these teams see him as more of a liability. Everyone loves controversy but not when the only portion of it is around religion. It is sad to see but that is a large portion of it.

Some of these other clubs though are picking youngsters or guys early in their careers who can stick with the team and be molded and built into what they want. I don't see TT being that.

Again, good athlete but not as good as what you guys are making him out to be. For instance. He is a not a pocket QB and doesn't have the strongest arm, nor is he the fastest runner. Who is he comparable to? Remember a guy they called "Slash" who played for Pitt many moons ago? Yeah, same type of player but TT doesn't do any of the things as good as that guy did, and how long did he stay in the NFL in a starting role? Exactly. Slash was a much better overall athlete than TT in every sense of the word and every contest of power, speed, and agility and he couldn't even make it that long.
    I don't see how this is relevant? Reich played for 3 other teams after buffalo so I'd say as a back up he did pretty good and had some opportunities. Teabag on the other hand hasn't really had a legitimate shot at playing since Denver......Teabow was also a first round pick that neither Reich or Cordell Stewart were.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    ^^this

Might be afraid of getting tackle
    see post 13

Ray Charles blue

I don't see how this is relevant? Reich played for 3 other teams after buffalo so I'd say as a back up he did pretty good and had some opportunities. Teabag on the other hand hasn't really had a legitimate shot at playing since Denver......Teabow was also a first round pick that neither Reich or Cordell Stewart were.
    You said the point. Frank did some great things in those games.....but did he ever become a full time starter? No. And TT has some opportunities and he did well with Denver. He also didn't have that great of a set of teams to beat. So lets be honest about that. Those teams didn't play the greatest on offense against Denver which is not related at all against TT actions in the game.

TT I think should have a job somewhere in the NFL. But he is not even close to being in the same category as Brady, Manning, Elway, or the like. REGARDLESS of his performance. That is one game. I am horrible at COD Ghost, but last night I had a great match. 29 kills, 33 deaths, but 40 tags. I scored over 4k points. Nobody asked me to be part of their squad.

Thread Information