Thread: I Saved My Life

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

I Saved My Life

Just had to post this.

I was going to work this morning and had to stop for gas. For those of you that live in the area, you may know where this is.

I was heading south on Hwy 377, and got in the left turn lane at the light just before I-820. Sometimes the light is really long due to traffic. So I will cut through a parking lot and get around the light.

Well today, that decision proved to be my lucky moment. I was pulling up to the car ahead of me in the turn lane and just decided to wheel the Z through the parking lot. No sooner had I stopped to let traffic pass, a pickup truck come flying through the parking lot, through the hedges and lands right where I would have been sitting had I decided to wait on the light.

The truck proceeded to take out another truck that was in the middle lane and the car next to him, then continue on across the road and into the parking lot on the west side of the highway.

I just sat there, thinking, "Fuck, I would have sitting right there." I would have been killed, the truck would have landed right on top of my car, with me in it.

I am going to tell my wife to never bitch at me for cutting around traffic again.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

what the fuck!? what' happened to the truck!? it sounded like it kept going?!

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

Truck wound up in a parking lot of a car wash. I don't think it was going anywhere after that.

Black
    99 Z28

Wow, great story. Glad you're okay. That little voice is helpful sometimes. I assume some people got hurt, anyone mortally wounded on that one?

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    see,it does pay to avoid a traffic control device sometimes!

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

I don't think anyone was seriously hurt. Other that the driver of the truck having to extricate the seat from his ass. He's probably still puckered up. By my estimate, based on how far I saw the truck fly through the air and wherre it wound up across six lanes of the hwy, he must have been going 60-70 mph (or more). Speed limit on the road he was traveling is 30.

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Have you seen the Final Destination movies? You should be shitting yourself, you cheated death. Now he's pissed.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

Actually, this is the third time this kind of shit has happened to me. In each case another ten-twenty feet and it would have been over.

First time I was sitting in a Bojangles restaurant off of I77 in Charlotte, NC eating breakfast. Out of the corner of my eye a car comes sailing by, upside down no less, and hits the corner of the building. Does not enter the dining area by maybe ten feet. Lands on the tops of three cars in the parking lot. We all run outside, the only person hurt is a little girl in the backseat, she had a cut lip. The man driving fell asleep at the wheel.

Second time was here on I-35 heading north out of Ft. Worth. As soon as I pass the 287 bridge and huge delivery truck comes sailing between me and the car in front of me and crashes in the median. This truck actually sailed over the top of the car in front of me without touching the damn thing. I about shit. Stopped tha car and got out to help. A lady in the truck was the only one hurt, had a nasty gash in her leg, but she was OK. Waited for the troopers and gave them my information and went to work.

When it's your time, I guess that's it. I've been fortunate and I do pay attention to what is happening around me when I drive.

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate
    Have you seen the Final Destination movies? You should be shitting yourself, you cheated death. Now he's pissed.
    ur right! He's pissed you cheated him!

Thread Information