Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I-phone SIM CARD

Ok heres the deal. I told AT&T i lost my i phone (when i didnt) so i could get the new 3GS. They said i was able to get the upgrade so im gonna go buy it after class. Now heres my question. Since the phone has to be activated from your labtop, do i have to swap the SIM card before or after i activate the phone? I want to keep my same number but just want a new phone. Will anything happen after i activate my phone and then switch the SIM or do i do it after?

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

If both sim cards are for you're number just get the new phone. Then swap the cards ones your home then plug it into iTunes. As long as your orig aim card has 3g on it you should be fine. The new sim card shouldn't activate till you plug it in to iTunes.

That's basically what I did. Exept I got the upgrade on my fathers number and gave him the new sim card because his was turned off cuz I upgraded his actual phone which he was still using. . And I put my old one in the new iPhone and it worked just fine.

But If a problem occurs. Just call the help line and say uou have a sim card that already has your info on it. If you read them the number they can activate that one.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

probably wouldn't use the same sim card ... it'll be a little fishy to at&t when you lost your iphone but conveniently kept the sim card out of it

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

I've switched sim cards from 2g iPhone, to a blackberry then to the 3gS. Just don't say anything about your sik card. I have 3 sil cards just laying around. And I can swap them on iTunes If I want.

Bt as long as you take it home with you you can do whatever you want. Cuz apple and AT&T aren't connected with how and why. All they see is you got a new phone. Whether you "lost" the other phone or not.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by toityme View Post
    I've switched sim cards from 2g iPhone, to a blackberry then to the 3gS. Just don't say anything about your sik card. I have 3 sil cards just laying around. And I can swap them on iTunes If I want.

Bt as long as you take it home with you you can do whatever you want. Cuz apple and AT&T aren't connected with how and why. All they see is you got a new phone. Whether you "lost" the other phone or not.
    reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally? mine's been doing this weird thing where it freezes (even right after i restart it), it's slow and it doesn't like to hook up to my charger....

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

say you had the SIM card in another phone and was using the iPhone as an iPod when you lost it ... lol ... I used to swap SIM cards with my Nokia

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

You can switch sim cards into any device, that doesn't matter. But the usim has all your account info on it, so once you reach the network they'll know which card you're using. They have a unique identifier. I suggest for the OP to just use the new usim they gave him to avoid issue. Although they may have discontinued service under the old usim anyways.

I don't have an iphone or AT&T, I only test the phones before they're available to the public. Maybe all the jailbreaker's can post up with some appropriate hacks.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

Jailbreak it, unlock it and go T-mobile!

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    Jailbreak it, unlock it and go T-mobile!

Except t-mobile doesn't have 3G network. Well at least they don't in San Diego.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post

Except t-mobile doesn't have 3G network. Well at least they don't in San Diego.
    But most people like their rate plans and the cheap data packages.

To OP, Actually, if you're eligible for an upgrade and have to pay the subsidized fee/etc., I don't think they'll care what the hell you did with your old one.

Put SIM into new phone and connect onto computer and it'll do everything else and get you started.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    But most people like their rate plans and the cheap data packages.

To OP, Actually, if you're eligible for an upgrade and have to pay the subsidized fee/etc., I don't think they'll care what the hell you did with your old one.

Put SIM into new phone and connect onto computer and it'll do everything else and get you started.
    T-mobile definitely has cheaper plans. I've heard their service is pretty good too. I think they're getting ready to expand soon, just heard they're possibly buying out Sprint. Plus they bought and entire frequency spectrum over a year ago for north america, but haven't seen them doing anything with it yet.

AT&T is wayyyy overpriced but sadly they're the only other option in the U.S. for GSM/UMTS technology networks. That's what the rest of the world is using. But there are some things in the mix which are going to change/unite things for everyone. No telling when or if it happens though.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

T-mobile definitely has cheaper plans. I've heard their service is pretty good too. I think they're getting ready to expand soon, just heard they're possibly buying out Sprint. Plus they bought and entire frequency spectrum over a year ago for north america, but haven't seen them doing anything with it yet.

AT&T is wayyyy overpriced but sadly they're the only other option in the U.S. for GSM/UMTS technology networks. That's what the rest of the world is using. But there are some things in the mix which are going to change/unite things for everyone. No telling when or if it happens though.
    i just got rid of t-mobile probably four months ago. they have (at least in the midwest) awful reception and the worst customer service. i wouldn't have one bar of service along a major highway, i'd lose calls going under bridges going 70mph on the highway, i had no reception in my house (in the city) and it was just overall a bad experience. however, other people i know seem to love their service. maybe i just kept getting bad phones

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally? mine's been doing this weird thing where it freezes (even right after i restart it), it's slow and it doesn't like to hook up to my charger....
    Take it up to apple hun, they could give you a new one

My lock button got stuck. And even with scratches and things on my phone, but flawless screen they gave me a new one

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Take it up to apple hun, they could give you a new one

My lock button got stuck. And even with scratches and things on my phone, but flawless screen they gave me a new one
    take it to the apple store? or at&t? i keep mine in a case so it's in prime condition but it just malfunctions a lot. i may do that on my next day off

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

take it to the apple store? or at&t? i keep mine in a case so it's in prime condition but it just malfunctions a lot. i may do that on my next day off
    To apple. Set up an apointment with the genious or geek whatever they are called.

They may try to reset some things. But say your restored it and the could give uou a new one

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

i just got rid of t-mobile probably four months ago. they have (at least in the midwest) awful reception and the worst customer service. i wouldn't have one bar of service along a major highway, i'd lose calls going under bridges going 70mph on the highway, i had no reception in my house (in the city) and it was just overall a bad experience. however, other people i know seem to love their service. maybe i just kept getting bad phones
    That's pretty normal actually. It all boils down to how good each network is in your area. For some T-mobile works great in their area and AT&T sucks. Or Sprint is flawless and not Verizon, etc. That's why all their marketing quotes of how they're the best network and so on is a bunch of crap. Bottom line is if you can make or receive calls without issue in your area and are happy with the customer service. Unfortunately that small combination if desires comes with much difficulty.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

To apple. Set up an apointment with the genious or geek whatever they are called.

They may try to reset some things. But say your restored it and the could give uou a new one
    Don't forget to wear a low cut blouse and bat your eyes at the geek too...they'll give you 2 new phones for sure at that point.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Don't forget to wear a low cut blouse and bat your eyes at the geek too...they'll give you 2 new phones for sure at that point.
    hell yes. 60% of the time, works everytime.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

hell yes. 60% of the time, works everytime.
    You're not giving yourself enough credit. I'm sure it's more like 100% of the time it works every time.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

You're not giving yourself enough credit. I'm sure it's more like 100% of the time it works every time.

I wish it was that easy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information