Thread: i need help!

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

i need help!

we have an 05 Wrangler with 35,000 miles. a few weeks ago it started acting like it needed the tired balanced. so we got it balanced. the other day it started to get worse. i took it back and the rotated the tires and re balanced it. and now its even worse. i think there is something wrong with the front end or possibly a broken motor mount? anyone have any ideas about what could be wrong. its a 6 speed it that makes a difference.

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Shouldn't this be in Tech? Is it vibrating at all speeds and at idle or only after a certain speed is reached?

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 00 formula View Post
    Shouldn't this be in Tech? Is it vibrating at all speeds and at idle or only after a certain speed is reached?
    yea i know it should be. it gets seen more here though. it does it on deceleration from about 50 down to 40. reeeallly bad.

red
    02 trans am ws6

Check your u joints.

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

at decelaration is probably not a balance issue, could be a bag wheel bearing as well. Are brakes applied when it does it?

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

at decelaration is probably not a balance issue, could be a bag wheel bearing as well. Are brakes applied when it does it?
    no brakes.

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Considering it's a jeep I'd look more towards possible transmission issues, possibly a loose bolt. I know my father in law had similar issues with his transmission on his dodge. I would think if it was the motor mounts, wheel bearing or u joint it wouldn't be such a specific speed range.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Make sure you check all the little things first. My buddy paid $100 to have a Mitsubishi dealer tighten his lugnuts the other day because he thought he had a problem with his brakes! hahaaha

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

Considering it's a jeep I'd look more towards possible transmission issues, possibly a loose bolt. I know my father in law had similar issues with his transmission on his dodge. I would think if it was the motor mounts, wheel bearing or u joint it wouldn't be such a specific speed range.
    it always does it from around 50ish to about 40. and every now and then it comes out of reverse.

red
    02 trans am ws6

I have a 94 ram and I believe the set up is the same. 3 link suspenion up front? the drag link is prone to go bad. they call it the death wheel hop. front end shakes vigorlesly. I dont know if thats what your experiencing or not. If it is its the bar that goes from your pass. body to the front steering link.

Thread Information