midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

I love my job!!!

....................... Not

Only in my job can you go from being unemployed and feeling hopeless one minute to working 7 days a week 12hrs a day the next. Not griping bout having a job because I am thankful but at the same time.... it's a little crazy.

Dam you Obama!!!! This cash for clunkers is killing me... Now we can't keep up with demand. Nearly 200,000 cars sold in a week....

Funny side note.... We have been having some equipment problems etc so we average about 700 parts on a 12 hr. shift.... Our new releases show are customer requesting an average of 3000 parts a day.... Do the math... Not good.

We got a couple rightwingers who bitch loudly about spending etc...... Their hate is so blind that they can't see that that same spending is keeping them gainfully employed.

I too as well would like to see spending kept in check... But at the same time if it cost me a little bit to keep bringin a check every week that it's all good in my book.

I think that the 3 billion for C4C was probally the most productive 3 billion they ever spent.
    Last edited by knightryda01; 08-07-2009 at 11:52 PM.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah im pretty right wing...but it seems to be effective as far as the economy and GDP are concerned.

the people getting these new cars are kinda fucked though...all theyre basically doing is giving you 4500 off, then taking your car for free, an pocketing the $4500 plus whatever profit they got from the car. Same concept as those "$X amount for your trade, no matter what" things.

So the camry is stickered at 20k, now you got it for 15.5....which you probably could have talked them down too, plus money for your clunker.

so do i think people are getting some kind of an amazing deal? no...not to mention they now have something financed.

but is it getting clunkers off the road, yes, is it stimulating the economy? yes.

so in that sense. goal accomplished

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    ....................... Not

Only in my job can you go from being unemployed and feeling hopeless one minute to working 7 days a week 12hrs a day the next. Not griping bout having a job because I am thankful but at the same time.... it's a little crazy.

Dam you Obama!!!! This cash for clunkers is killing me... Now we can't keep up with demand. Nearly 200,000 cars sold in a week....

Funny side note.... We have been having some equipment problems etc so we average about 700 parts on a 12 hr. shift.... Our new releases show are customer requesting an average of 3000 parts a day.... Do the math... Not good.

We got a couple rightwingers who bitch loudly about spending etc...... Their hate is so blind that they can't see that that same spending is keeping them gainfully employed.

I too as well would like to see spending kept in check... But at the same time if it cost me a little bit to keep bringin a check every week that it's all good in my book.

I think that the 3 billion for C4C was probally the most productive 3 billion they ever spent.
    What plant do you work in and build?

Pewter
    2002 Avalanche

except the clunker has to be crushed and dealer makes scrap value only off of the trade. And even that they may have to return to the customer except for an admin fee. Plus the dealer is being floated on the 3500-4500 so basically the govt is putting the dealers in a bad position. Yes you are selling cars but if you loose the 4500 on every sale then is it worth it? Or even the interest you are out on the money the gov't floats you. Seemed like a good idea but with very poor execution. just my $.02

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by cdn111 View Post
    Seemed like a good idea but with very poor execution. just my $.02
    just wait till they take over healthcare!

White
    2002 TA

Thread Information