Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I know why GM failed

I went to the stealership yesterday to get some S/C Oil for the GTP. I parked next to a Z06 that was obviously for sale. A sales manager comes running out yelling at me, "Don't hit that car with your door!" There was no car to my left (driver gets out on the left), so I was slightly confused (it was parked on my right). I just brush it off and go inside to the parts desk. As I'm waiting in line, the sales guy walks in, I ask him "how much for the Z06 I didn't hit with my door?" I was actually curious how much they were selling a '09 Z06 for in '10. He goes "Why? It's not like you can afford it." I was stunned for a second...I honestly, did not know what to say, for the first time in my life. After about 5 seconds, I get my mouth working and say, "So, is it a requirement that someone has to drive an equally expensive car and wear a suit in order to just inquire about a Z06?" He walked away.

I don't get it, I just asked a simple question, and he has to be an ass...whatever

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

A car salesman an ass? Big surprise there!

Black
    99 Z-28

Happened to me when I got my first camaro. I went into the show room sat in a new ss no one said anything to me. I waited like 30 mins no sales guys came up to me. I was annoyed. I left told my grandpa and he called the dealership and complained they beggd me to come back in. F that we called another dealership and pretty much rolled out the red carpet for us. My grandparents bought the car for me with cash no financing. Some of those sales men are idiots really I do not know how they get dressed in the morning. Yes I was young, but it was just a camaro not a vette.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

WTF...dang I would of never expected that response, how dumb are ppl now days

2011 Prius

I get that allot, even after I make a realistic offer... When or if there still being a dick, I walk away and file complaint a day or two latter with management. Because at that time, my bank was going to finance a vehicle up to $34,000 with $10,000 down. They would do more, but I like the interest better on this loan plain...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I went to the stealership yesterday to get some S/C Oil for the GTP. I parked next to a Z06 that was obviously for sale. A sales manager comes running out yelling at me, "Don't hit that car with your door!" There was no car to my left (driver gets out on the left), so I was slightly confused (it was parked on my right). I just brush it off and go inside to the parts desk. As I'm waiting in line, the sales guy walks in, I ask him "how much for the Z06 I didn't hit with my door?" I was actually curious how much they were selling a '09 Z06 for in '10. He goes "Why? It's not like you can afford it." I was stunned for a second...I honestly, did not know what to say, for the first time in my life. After about 5 seconds, I get my mouth working and say, "So, is it a requirement that someone has to drive an equally expensive car and wear a suit in order to just inquire about a Z06?" He walked away.

I don't get it, I just asked a simple question, and he has to be an ass...whatever
    call the BBB report him... call the owner of that branch and rip him a new ass... tell him you have a 2006 z06 and were looking at possibly getting another z06 and that they have no chance of business from you...

on a side note you should have asked him "well fine then... how much you you want for that cunt whore mother of yours???"

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post

Find a friend who has some really expensive & nice car, borrow it, and drive it up to that dealership. When that same salesman runs out to suck your dick to get you to buy a car, just tell him you just bought this, even though you were really interested in that Z06. Tell him the salesman you bought it from was really nice too, so you paid full sticker out of principle instead of trying to haggle him down. Then drive away.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

BasballNy and I almost did that to a dealer here in NY when I was shopping for a WS6. He has a 2002 with something like 14k miles on the clock. He offered to take me to the dealership in it so when we make an offer and they laugh we could point at that pristine red one outside and say but this one was only $10,000 or some silly number.

As it was I had a dealer laugh at my offer of 13,500 for a 2000 WS6 in white with 78,000 miles. Aftermarket exhaust tints lid and some other misc mods including white ball shifter with the bird on it. Car needed a new console and other misc trim bits as well as having a small chunk of door missing. When i said my offer was firm he said well good luck ever buying a WS6 for that price don't you know what these are??? I guess he was right.... I never did buy a WS6 for that price but just a few months later I did buy a Firehawk in mint condition with far fewer miles for way less than i offered him.... serves him right for being so condescending to a customer with cash.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Regardless of whether you were buying it, looked like you could afford it or not, whether he thought you were prospect or not, it doesnt cost him anything to throw a price out. Even if it isnt accurate. No sense in being rude to people for no reason. The only thing I can think of is that there was maybe a tone in your voice that came off like a smartass that we cant "hear" in this post?

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

MY biddies uncle is one of those people who is not all there, and wears old nasty clothes but he has money. He would always walk by this small mom and pop auto lot looking at a one of their new trucks. After a few days of this I guess the sales guy got tired of him and told him to buzz off. I guess he was carrying a shoe box and he went inside and dumped like 30,000 out on the owners desk. He said I wanted to buy that truck but your salesman was mean to me.

I heard this story secondhand but it was a great story.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Because of douche bags like him, when I go car shopping I'll dress down. Wearing denim shorts, flip flops and a redneck wife beater and ball cap. Does 2 things for me.

1) Let's me look in peace, don't have some jock strap hanger ridding on every step throwing the sales lines.

2) When one does come and see if I'm a prospect, I see how they handle a person dress like me. If he's a dick, I'll go for another sales man, if their cool, Then I come back, dress properly and will ask for him.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I had a sales woman do this same shit to me just prior to me buying my vert SS. I don't remember exactly what kind of Camaro I was looking at on her used lot but it wasn't a vert, not near as expensive as what I ended up in, I do remember that. She proceeds to tell me I can't afford it and walks off. She wasn't too happy the next day when I drove through her lot, in a vert SS, top down and flipped her off.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Was this at your favorite stealership, Ernie Miller?

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I had a sales woman do this same shit to me just prior to me buying my vert SS. I don't remember exactly what kind of Camaro I was looking at on her used lot but it wasn't a vert, not near as expensive as what I ended up in, I do remember that. She proceeds to tell me I can't afford it and walks off. She wasn't too happy the next day when I drove through her lot, in a vert SS, top down and flipped her off.

2011 Prius

I'd do the same, lol.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Was this at your favorite stealership, Ernie Miller?
    Surprisingly not, it was Speedway here in BA. I was pissed and just utterly stunned when the cunt said it and walked off. She was probably equally stunned and pissed when I showed up the next day in a much nicer Camaro and a vert on top of it all

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I know that place well. Christina worked there for awhile.

Surprisingly not, it was Speedway here in BA. I was pissed and just utterly stunned when the cunt said it and walked off. She was probably equally stunned and pissed when I showed up the next day in a much nicer Camaro and a vert on top of it all

2011 Prius

Been bad ass if it was in a Vette, lol.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I know that place well. Christina worked there for awhile.
    I know you do, Speedway doesn't have a sparkling reputation in the Tulsa area either. No one will ever top Ernie "I suck 19" horse cock" Miller though, ever.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

It's Marc Miller now though.

I know you do, Speedway doesn't have a sparkling reputation in the Tulsa area either. No one will ever top Ernie "I suck 19" horse cock" Miller though, ever.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

It's Marc Miller now though.
    Well, I am sure Marc Miller picked up right where Ernie "I suck 19" dead horse cock" Miller left off. I can't put into words how badly I despise that place.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 02-05-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information