Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I have to state this (Not bullshit)

I understand people can do what they want with their money regardless of what anyone says but come on people. Why in the hell would someone want to buy a Titan or for that matter a Tundra. Our economy is hurting compared to some years, why kill it more with buying a import. Lets see, the best engine EVER DESIGNED is the GM 350 (universal, parts are cheap, parts easy to find, reliable, etc...) I can't stand Ford or Dodge, but you can bet your ass I would buy one of them in a heart beat over an import. Someone must have to clue me in, because I just don't get it.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I understand people can do what they want with their money regardless of what anyone says but come on people. Why in the hell would someone want to buy a Titan or for that matter a Tundra. Our economy is hurting compared to some years, why kill it more with buying a import. Lets see, the best engine EVER DESIGNED is the GM 350 (universal, parts are cheap, parts easy to find, reliable, etc...) I can't stand Ford or Dodge, but you can bet your ass I would buy one of them in a heart beat over an import. Someone must have to clue me in, because I just don't get it.
    Becuase of price, dealerships ability to force thier people to act like they want your business, warranty troubles an the money you have to keep dumping into it when they decide its a small 10 dollar part they will not cover...but up it to 50 just for you.

My girlfriends honda never gets the cold shoulder when i bring it in. The chevy suburban however gets all kind of run arounds. They pretty much made me never want to give them any money again after how they handle any kind of problem.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Construction began in May on a 100,000 square foot facility in Georgetown, Texas, for TASUS Corp., a tier-two supplier to Toyota. The supplier will create 150 jobs within five years.

The Bloomington, Ind.,-based company produces plastic injection-molded parts that will be used in the assembly of the Tundra. The company will also supply other existing customers in the region.

TASUS expects to be operating in the new plant in January.

Toyota broke ground earlier this year on the 2000-acre site, where it will build 150,000 Tundra full size trucks annually. The new plant will represent an $800 million investment.

“Toyota considers its suppliers true business partners who are equally responsible for providing quality to our customers,” said Hidehiko Tajima, president of Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas
    Might want to ask the people who work at the plant in Georgetown, Texas what they think about that ...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Construction began in May on a 100,000 square foot facility in Georgetown, Texas, for TASUS Corp., a tier-two supplier to Toyota. The supplier will create 150 jobs within five years.

The Bloomington, Ind.,-based company produces plastic injection-molded parts that will be used in the assembly of the Tundra. The company will also supply other existing customers in the region.

TASUS expects to be operating in the new plant in January.

Toyota broke ground earlier this year on the 2000-acre site, where it will build 150,000 Tundra full size trucks annually. The new plant will represent an $800 million investment.

“Toyota considers its suppliers true business partners who are equally responsible for providing quality to our customers,” said Hidehiko Tajima, president of Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas
    Might want to ask the people who work at the plant in Georgetown, Texas what they think about that ...

That is of little importance. Maybe 1000 jobs created while 15000 were lost from the domestics. All that money is going overseas right back to Toyota.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus View Post
    Becuase of price, dealerships ability to force thier people to act like they want your business, warranty troubles an the money you have to keep dumping into it when they decide its a small 10 dollar part they will not cover...but up it to 50 just for you.

My girlfriends honda never gets the cold shoulder when i bring it in. The chevy suburban however gets all kind of run arounds. They pretty much made me never want to give them any money again after how they handle any kind of problem.
    I am sorry you were treated that way, but it may just be where you live. Everyone has a different experience when they go to a dealer.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

That is of little importance. Maybe 1000 jobs created while 15000 were lost from the domestics. All that money is going overseas right back to Toyota.
    I guess all those people went to Toyota and Honda ...they dont lay off their workers....

92 K Blazer/'03 H-D Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    I guess all those people went to Toyota and Honda ...they dont lay off their workers....
    those trucks, just like GM, Ford, and Dodge are built in the USA.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

i do know that when the first titan came out the 5.6 was not made by nissan.

it was a GM engine.
    as of now, im not sure.

but i will only buy GM. quality, reliability and performance cannot be surpassed. IMHO.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

toyota's are manufactured here in kentucky.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

A lot of "imports" are made in the USA now...
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

The auto show just can through town and if you check the b o m they break out by % origin of parts. toyota's and honda's have as high a % of parts as american cars. bottom line for me is the dollar stays here and keeps americans employeed. I bought an Aztek for the wife, 03- front bearings & brake pad clips went three times. I ended up buying an extended warranty - she does home care and is always on the road. woman at work had the problem. I talked to the dealer several times after shelling out for the first fix. Finally called general service mgr. for gm. i got recall notice and a check for $200 in the mail last friday. i told them for the fact that I had to 2 pontiac's in the garage if this didn't get resolved it would be the last time i put american car in garage. i sure it helps when your dad reports to a group vp, but none the less i told them to open there eyes and this was a bunch of bs. they know they under engineered the front end and put in materials trying to save a couple of bucks. the parts did not stand up to local roads. we use salt in michigan which always creates pot holes and chews up cars.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

It's a global economy fella's. We must change along with it. We have the food...we feed the world today. So we have the ultimate "trade weapon" on all these oil/car/cheap watch economies. Also don't loose sight of the fact our own government allow the tariffs and tax breaks that give these non union car manufacturers an advantage over our own car manufacturers. Why is it folks get their panties in a wad over Jap/Korean cars in the US and not Porsche or Mercedes....

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

good point

BLUE
    2000 SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    i do know that when the first titan came out the 5.6 was not made by nissan.

it was a GM engine.
    as of now, im not sure.

but i will only buy GM. quality, reliability and performance cannot be surpassed. IMHO.
    What GM engine was it based off of?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

The cars may be made in the US, but most of the money goes overseas back to the headquarters of Toyota and all that other bullshit. I agree food is a big trading item, but oil is just as big. I do like this discussion, without people acting like idiots, lets keep it going.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

They open all these plants down south without the union and the big three can go nowhere without them except mexico and overseas? How we gave up all the cards baffles me. The other brands like bmw and others are not out for world domination and market share at this point. Let us export to their countries and see. Those people will not support our product from here but we kiss their products ass. If you work for them you can support them but beyond that this countries love affair with toyota and honda kills me. The dealer is not the manufacturer and should not be held accountable by you but should be beaten into submission by the oem.

Green
    1971 chevelle

I have an 04 Toyota Tundra. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have had two Ford trucks before this one. That is why I bought one.

The only thing I have had to replace is one headlight bulb. I support America's economy just as much as everyone else, just not with my vehicle purchase.

I have a question for you also. Where was TV, microwave, computer, cell phone, or your shoes made?

It isn't just the automobile industry. It is everything...................... Just look at everything around you.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

We used to build that stuff here. THAT IS THE BIGGEST POINT. Our free market and economy is why they are here now and people buying more of theirs than ours is why we won't be doing it much longer.

The cars may be made in the US, but most of the money goes overseas back to the headquarters of Toyota and all that other bullshit. I agree food is a big trading item, but oil is just as big. I do like this discussion, without people acting like idiots, lets keep it going.
    That money may go to Toyota's corporate offices, but corporate offices do nothing but spend money. They pay salaries. Salaries that go back to those right her in Kentucky. Salaries for line workers, parts suppliers, etc. You are missing the big picture. The question you should be asking is "Why can Toyota afford USA workers, but GM and Ford can not. Why was the F-body built in Canada and then "Imported" in. The whole import arguement turned ridiculous when GM started building cars outside the US and laying off US workers.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Quote Originally Posted by EEEZNOW View Post
    I have an 04 Toyota Tundra. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have had two Ford trucks before this one. That is why I bought one.

The only thing I have had to replace is one headlight bulb. I support America's economy just as much as everyone else, just not with my vehicle purchase.

I have a question for you also. Where was TV, microwave, computer, cell phone, or your shoes made?

It isn't just the automobile industry. It is everything...................... Just look at everything around you.
    All my vehicles and my mother and fathers have only had to have oil changes and tire rotations. AND THEY WERE ALL BUILT BY G.M. IN AMERICA. Please don't bag an entire industry because of a pos ford. Check out all of toyotas recalls because of major problems lately. QUALITY IS NOT AN ISSUE, luck of any manufacturer on the build day or design flaws (toyota sludge) may have more to do with it.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information