Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I hate banks. Hate them.

As many of you know I have been hunting for my LS1. I have driven my share. I have test driven RX7's, Cobras, Evo's, STI's, basically everything to find something I really like. After this I have set my mind on getting a SS/WS6, I love them. Drove the terminator, damn it was fast but to be honest the whine aggrivated me. The RX7 would be a headache, so screw it, Evo and STI...dont know why i wasted my time. So I find 2 really nice cars. One is a 02 WS6, silver, 56k miles, 16k. Car was literally immaculate. Then I went and checked out a 99 SS black, Trex cam, bolt ons, the owner did a great job exept the wheels would have to go, wants 15k. Anyways I make 20k a year, not bad for a 19 year old. I have 6k cash after fixing some things and paying some bills I am free and clear. I go to the bank for a 9k loan. I got denied again. LAST TIME it was because I didn't have enough revolving lines of credit. NOW its because I opened 2 more credit cards, and financed a new TV which I have since payed off. I owe nothing!!! 720 Credit Score, and they will not give me a loan, apparantly showing control with cards and things doesn't mean anything, they want a co-signer so they can issue a larger loan in hopes we will spend more. I know it. I took their damn advice, got cards, kept the limits down, payed them off and financed something small and even now they still deny me. I swear next time I go in the bank i will be going in to bring the bankers cookies and milk!. Ok I let it out. Still pissed.
    Last edited by JHayesLS1; 06-15-2007 at 11:24 AM.

red
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    As many of you know I have been hunting for my LS1. I have driven my share. I have test driven RX7's, Cobras, Evo's, STI's, basically everything to find something I really like. After this I have set my mind on getting a SS/WS6, I love them. Drove the terminator, damn it was fast but to be honest the whine aggrivated me. The RX7 would be a headache, so screw it, Evo and STI...dont know why i wasted my time. So I find 2 really nice cars. One is a 02 WS6, silver, 56k miles, 16k. Car was literally immaculate. Then I went and checked out a 99 SS black, Trex cam, bolt ons, the owner did a great job exept the wheels would have to go, wants 15k. Anyways I make 20k a year, not bad for a 19 year old. I have 6k cash after fixing some things and paying some bills I am free and clear. I go to the bank for a 9k loan. I got denied again. LAST TIME it was because I didn't have enough revolving lines of credit. NOW its because I opened 2 more credit cards, and financed a new TV which I have since payed off. I owe nothing!!! 720 Credit Score, and they will not give me a loan, apparantly showing control with cards and things doesn't mean anything, they want a co-signer so they can issue a larger loan in hopes we will spend more. I know it. I took their damn advice, got cards, kept the limits down, payed them off and financed something small and even now they still deny me. I swear next time I go in the bank i will be going in to rob it. Ok I let it out. Still pissed.

I currently work for Bank of America, and they won't give me a loan too! This is what I did... I actually went to a credit union to get financed. They rates are very competitive to larger financial institutions. Sometimes I hate dealing with larger banks myself but you gotta do what you do to get what you want. Try it... good luck! PM me if you have further questions.

red
    1999 WS6

Oh yeah, I wouldn't post you wanting to rob a bank. I have been involved in 4 bank robberies over a 6 month period, it's a feeling you don't want to ever feel (crazy $#!7). By some people it is offensive. And I think it would be considered premeditated if you actually did it since it was posted. I feel your pain man.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I called my credit union, lady was real nice I put in my app she told me point blank, until Im 21 they are more than likely going to want a co-signer.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Yea same deal happened with my and Wells Fargo. I been banking with them for 2 years had some credit cards paid them on time all the time. Went in one day for a 15k loan and was deniged. Got my parents to co-sign for me. I was lucky I got the car that I wanted otherwise I'd probly be driving some beat up 4 banger(no offense to 4 banger owners).

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I work for US bank they wouldnt give me a loan so i started talking to the credit union my credit was perfect never missed a payment on 1 personal loan and 2 previous car loans. Neither bank would approve me so i talked to dealships and fianancing now thats the way to go, the dealerships can lie if they want the car gone bad enough. So they told the bank i had worked my job for 2 years really i worked there for 3 months

White
    2002 VY SS

I called my credit union, lady was real nice I put in my app she told me point blank, until Im 21 they are more than likely going to want a co-signer.
    At least they were up front and didn't stuff you around. Keep tryin man, you might get lucky...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Thats true i drove 1 and 1/2 hours into illinois cause the said i was approved and when i got there they said they couldnt do it i was soo pissed.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

I'm 21 and have three cars and two homes on my credit no co-signer. I'm a loan officer so i work with credit all the time. the best way to finance a car is go to capitalone.com they are great! its harder to get a used car than a new one. i know you want a used one but its just info. if you do have 6k to put down then go apply and lie about how much you make. i said i made like 60k when i bought my first car. they never called and verified, but if they do ask one of your bosses to lie for you so you can buy a car. most of them are cool because they have went through the same shit. last say you have worked at your job for more than 2 years. i just got my new gto and got the 0% inst for 60 months!!!
    Click for full size

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Holy crap you can lie and get away with it? Crap here I was trying to be mr honest lol. Well now....looks like I know what Im doing.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Some ask for a paycheck stub..

NBM
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Some ask for a paycheck stub..

Yeah but you can give them a paycheck stub and tell them you get a cash bonus every month.

Metalic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

yea I hate banks to but the one I hate the most is BankOfAmerica those stupid crooks

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Holy crap you can lie and get away with it? Crap here I was trying to be mr honest lol. Well now....looks like I know what Im doing.
    Be careful.....Obtaining credit under false pretenses is punishable by law.

I wouldn't go overboard.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Guys....banks only loan you money when you don't need it. If you need it they will not loan it to you.
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I have a plan, I'll get one of my friends piss faced drunk and get all their information. Then I'll have my co-signer.

Black
    99 Z28

yeah, I say you're dealing with the wrong bank. Credit union will work with ya. You're putting $6k down so it should be pretty easy to come up with the other 9. You're dealing with some other things or there's something not there about what you're telling us.

Try something like www.eloan.com, I'm sure that they can find a bank to finance it for you.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

They told me strait up the odds of a 19 year old getting any loan is slim to none. They want a co-signer. No matter how good my credit is.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Stay away from National banks ....Local banks only...You might have to buy a car that is a little older and dont cost as much first ....If you have 6k to put down look at a car in the $10k range .....

Black
    2005 GTO

They told me strait up the odds of a 19 year old getting any loan is slim to none. They want a co-signer. No matter how good my credit is.

Thats just the way it is man. You might have great credit but you don't have enough history or years haveing good credit. Just cause you make 20k at 19 does't mean shit to the bank. How many years have you been making 20k? Was that working different jobs or one solid job for the entire year? Banks want to see you in a stable job for mulitlpe years so they can be confident that you will income to pay them every month.

Your just kinda screwed at your age with loans. Just be smart and keep your credit good over the next couple years and you will be able to get loans without co-signers and get an awesome rate. I was in the same boat when I bought my car almost 4 years ago I had good credit but just did't have enough history. Why can't you have one of your parents co-sign with you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information