1966 Corvette Coupe

i got a drinking in public

pretty much... i had just opened a beer on the way back from the beer store... im sitting in the back of my buddies truck and we get pulled over about 20 miles from civilization on a road that is about half a step above a dirt road... long story short state trooper took my beer and told me that it was against the law and poored out 11 ounces of beer... then he had the gaul to ask me when i opened the beer... i simply told him "about 30 seconds before i saw crown vic lights behind us" (he had already written me a ticket so its not like being nice would help out the situation)...

what do i think about it? umm BS ticket... i dont really see whats so wrong about popping open a beer and enjoying it on the way back to the house... and what is public? restraunts... ball games... inside a car... on my front porch? where is the line drawn? i dont know prolly just had a quota to meet so he was out profiling and caught me doing something i didnt even know was wrong...

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    pretty much... i had just opened a beer on the way back from the beer store... im sitting in the back of my buddies truck and we get pulled over about 20 miles from civilization on a road that is about half a step above a dirt road... long story short state trooper took my beer and told me that it was against the law and poored out 11 ounces of beer... then he had the gaul to ask me when i opened the beer... i simply told him "about 30 seconds before i saw crown vic lights behind us" (he had already written me a ticket so its not like being nice would help out the situation)...

what do i think about it? umm BS ticket... i dont really see whats so wrong about popping open a beer and enjoying it on the way back to the house... and what is public? restraunts... ball games... inside a car... on my front porch? where is the line drawn? i dont know prolly just had a quota to meet so he was out profiling and caught me doing something i didnt even know was wrong...

umm dude open container duh...if I was the driver I would of been pissed

07 CBR1000RR

That sucks, but it is against the Law

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Depends on what state your in. In VA where im originally from, The open container law only pertains to alcohol that is in reach of the driver.

1966 Corvette Coupe

i beleive its the same here too... no open container... and thats another law that is stupid... in all reality they can call a 6 pack with one missing an open container... or what if you have some liquor in you car that wasnt all drank at the last party... open container... if your not the driver who fucking cares...

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

keep it in the trunk and your fine

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    keep it in the trunk and your fine
    That's what me and some buds used to do...i'd be driving my old car(94 celica...yea I know, I was only 19) and they'd be drinking. We'd have the cooler in the trunk and they'd fold the rear seat down...reach back and get one. Also works good for putting them back if you get pulled over.

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

or the ole chug and chunks I used to having driving around the lake

Black
    99 SS

got pulled over once in a buddys car, no seatbelts people were laped up we all had open containers but the driver, and the cops poured the beer out and told us to get out of here and they were laughing the whole time.

they thought we had weed on us

wife and i were riding the harley,pulled over to take a break.she opened a beer and put it in one of those can insulators to keep it cold.we left the bike on the side of a back rual country road and just walked a few yards away to a over look.state cop pulls up two mins later and calls me over to the bike.i grab the open beer out of my wifes hands(if anyone is getting a beer ticket i'd rather it be me)and he says

are you stuck? can i help you?need me to call someone?I'M SHOCKED..i'm like ahhh be dooobe huh?

no thanks we were just taking break.he says nice bike(new heritage softail)take care.
    nice cops do live in some weird universe,i found one.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Been there, done that.

Thread Information