Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I forgot how much fun it is...

...to spend an entire day working on your car.

Due to multiple reasons, I haven't had a chance to work on Nymphadora for longer than an hour at a time...between two jobs, finishing my degree and house shopping. The last time I really worked on her was when I did the H/C/I Swap back in May. So, today I got up, did not shower, put on some old jeans and a ratty t-shirt and went outside for 9 hours and got some work done. I mounted the nitrous bottle in the spare tire area, ran the feed tube to the engine bay (hard as hell when you're trying to keep it hidden under the carpet), mounted the solenoids under the FRCs, mounted the micro (WOT) switch to the Intake/TB, started on the wiring (automatic bottle heater, remote bottle opener, and electrical nitrous pressure gauge), and started on the reopenable door to the fuel pump (complete with hinge, locks and seal to keep out the exhaust gases).

All-in-all it was a very successful day. I think Tuesday morning I'm going to finish up the wiring (once I get a working wiring diagram, seems that the one I had isn't kosher) and finish the fuel pump door (mounting to the car and alignment).

Back to work at 6am tomorrow

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Glad to hear. First you got the GTP fixed and hopefully I will get to see Nymphadora at Spazapalooza10.

murdered out 06 z06

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    ...to spend an entire day working on your car.

Due to multiple reasons, I haven't had a chance to work on Nymphadora for longer than an hour at a time...between two jobs, finishing my degree and house shopping. The last time I really worked on her was when I did the H/C/I Swap back in May. So, today I got up, did not shower, put on some old jeans and a ratty t-shirt and went outside for 9 hours and got some work done. I mounted the nitrous bottle in the spare tire area, ran the feed tube to the engine bay (hard as hell when you're trying to keep it hidden under the carpet), mounted the solenoids under the FRCs, mounted the micro (WOT) switch to the Intake/TB, started on the wiring (automatic bottle heater, remote bottle opener, and electrical nitrous pressure gauge), and started on the reopenable door to the fuel pump (complete with hinge, locks and seal to keep out the exhaust gases).

All-in-all it was a very successful day. I think Tuesday morning I'm going to finish up the wiring (once I get a working wiring diagram, seems that the one I had isn't kosher) and finish the fuel pump door (mounting to the car and alignment).

Back to work at 6am tomorrow

dont forget to shower

blue
    1975 camaro

i know how you feel. just swapped the engine ant tranny out my camaro a few days ago, it feels great to finaly get some work done

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Finally got my crf250 together, it's been sitting all summer because I had quite a few things to do to it. Laid rubber hitting shifts and starting wheelies around the neighborhood because I forgot how gummy new tires are Actually accomplishing stuff when you work is a great feeling.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Keeps me busy working on the car
    Also gives me a sense of accomplishment

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah working on cars makes you feel a sense of accomplishment. I'm hoping by December to have my new shortblock built for my rustang.

Thread Information