Thread: I feel sick....

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I feel sick....

The 2011 Hyundai Sonata is creeping up the performance ladder. When Hyundai announced that they were dropping the V6 option for the sonata i was like WTH? some people like the bigger engine how they gonna satisfy enthusiasts? Well I wonder no longer.

Remember how we were just harping about how awesome the new Mustang V6 is? with its 305hp and it's 31mpg.......

2011 Sonata..... has a turbo 4...... with 274hp and 269 lb-ft of torque.

Speaking of torque? Peak torque occurs at 1,800rpm and sustains to 4,500rpm

It's a twin scroll turbo like the 2011 BMW 535i......

has a peak of 17.4 psi

The car gets 34MPG highway.....

and oh yeah.... the turbo model comes nicely equipped for less than $25,000

what a year for cars man..... bet that sucker will be FAST for a family econo box.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I may even consider one of those for my next daily driver. Hyundai's pumping out some very nice cars of late.

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

crap crapity crap. they keep making it harder and harder NOT to buy one!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

it's all cars. Not just any one manufacturer. Have you seen the new chevy cruze? 40MPG from a 138hp turbo 4. They wanted to make it lighter so they did such extreme things as making welds more flush by like 1mm to shave precious ounces from the chassis. It's amazing.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I would prefer the v6 with 87 octane over the turbo and 93.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

would you now??? too bad the hyundai turbo 4 runs on 87 then.

and by runs on 87 i mean it doesn't even "recommend" premium

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

When we had our heads turned and our backs to Hyundai all these years, they went ahead and started making some of the best cars on the road. Yeah I said it. Its fuckin true. The value and amount of car you get for the money with a Hyundai is unbelievable. Now with the genesis cars, the new sonata, they have performance too. When I was a tech at a Hyundai dealer, the only problems they had were issues with electrical and it had a lot to do with them using DELPHI harnesses. Not anything Hyundai themselves did or design faults. The Genesis sedan and coupe are fantastic cars for the money. The Elantra has been a great economy car for years now. I work at Toyota now and to be honest I rather have an Elantra then Corolla thats how good that car got.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Thank you all for the kind comments.I work at the Hyundai plant in Montgomery and we build the new Sonata,I have known about the turbo model for a while now but they tell us to keep stuff like that quiet.we are going to start building turbo Sonatas in july I think.
    Posted via Mobile Device

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    would you now??? too bad the hyundai turbo 4 runs on 87 then.

and by runs on 87 i mean it doesn't even "recommend" premium
    Wow. Would have thought being turbo it would need premium.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I thought the Genesis coupe looked like a Tiburon in the magazines. The car looks like a Ferrari in real life.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

My mom has a 2008 Veracruz and I was really surprised at its quality the only real issue so far has been flaking paint and the dealership doesnt want to cover it. Everytime my dad takes it in he gets the same response that it was hit by something, though he has had painters tell him its a defect and its peeling off.

My brother has a 04 Tiburon and half the electrical stuff only works 30% of the time. Paint is coming off everywhere. His radio will only work when its cold outside. His door panel is falling apart. The worst part has been the dealership when he tried to get some of his issues fixed. When the parts were supposed to be there he called and asked and was told they werent there yet this whent on for 6 weeks. Got a different excuse everytime. Eventually he gets a notice saying parts where there but got shipped back due to him not making a appointment to have the work done. Needless to say he was pissed. Of course the warrenty is now up on his car and the dealership says they have to treat it like a whole new case and act like he never came in before and then deny the warrenty claims since he crossed the mileage while waiting.

So far while im impressed with the quality improvements I think their dealerships needs a lot of customer service improvement. The cars where bought from 2 different dealerships in different cities.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    When we had our heads turned and our backs to Hyundai all these years, they went ahead and started making some of the best cars on the road. Yeah I said it. Its fuckin true. The value and amount of car you get for the money with a Hyundai is unbelievable. Now with the genesis cars, the new sonata, they have performance too. When I was a tech at a Hyundai dealer, the only problems they had were issues with electrical and it had a lot to do with them using DELPHI harnesses. Not anything Hyundai themselves did or design faults. The Genesis sedan and coupe are fantastic cars for the money. The Elantra has been a great economy car for years now. I work at Toyota now and to be honest I rather have an Elantra then Corolla thats how good that car got.
    Hyundai is pumping out some great cars. Their biggest problem with buyers (along with Kia) is simply their name. Still has a bit of a stigma. But all the jap brands started out that way here in the states. I never saw anything great in Toyota, especially the corolla

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    My mom has a 2008 Veracruz and I was really surprised at its quality the only real issue so far has been flaking paint and the dealership doesnt want to cover it. Everytime my dad takes it in he gets the same response that it was hit by something, though he has had painters tell him its a defect and its peeling off.

My brother has a 04 Tiburon and half the electrical stuff only works 30% of the time. Paint is coming off everywhere. His radio will only work when its cold outside. His door panel is falling apart. The worst part has been the dealership when he tried to get some of his issues fixed. When the parts were supposed to be there he called and asked and was told they werent there yet this whent on for 6 weeks. Got a different excuse everytime. Eventually he gets a notice saying parts where there but got shipped back due to him not making a appointment to have the work done. Needless to say he was pissed. Of course the warrenty is now up on his car and the dealership says they have to treat it like a whole new case and act like he never came in before and then deny the warrenty claims since he crossed the mileage while waiting.

So far while im impressed with the quality improvements I think their dealerships needs a lot of customer service improvement. The cars where bought from 2 different dealerships in different cities.
    His electrical issues resides in a bad BCM. Its fucking expensive to replace OUT of warranty. VERY VERY common on that model.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

i dont think it will be all that long tho before they overcome the brand bashing

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    for a family econo box.
    Considering the cars' performance and the fact that there are 50+mpg vehicles on the road now, I don't thing 34mpg qualifies for "econobox" status anymore like it did a few years ago

Thread Information