Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Post I drove a G8 GT tonight

I said I would drive one and I did.

I'll start off by giving GM and the car a compliment. It doesn't feel like a 4k lb car. Let's cast Looks aside as they are subjective. (I do like the exterior of the car minus the wheels BTW)

The a pillars are too big. They blocked too much for me. I thought the trunk mounted battery was cool. From what I got to test in the way of handling, it handled well. Not record breaking, but good for a 4k lb sedan. It certainlydoesn't feel fast, but I wasn't expecting it to. Feels like your average high 13/low 14 second car just as it is. Driving it wasn't terribly exciting. Maybe I'm just spoiled by my AWD and turbo and my Mustang. I floored it from a stop & only got a a couple chirps. I'm sure it'd do more with smaller wheels. I feel the 19"s are too big. I also hammered it from a roll and it had decent acceleratoin. Plenty for your average driver, but for the enthusiast this is a snoozefest IMO.

I'd liken the interior to my old GTPs ('98 & '99) Lacking badly. That is where this car needs work. Just looks too bulky and feels cheap. I like the digital speedo, but though the analog next to it was a bit much and quite silly. Pick one, GM.

I still dislike the center console window controls. Only the driver window has auto down and it lacks auto up. That was another point taken away. All 4 of my windows are auto up & down. Not that I need one or want one, but there's an "oh shit" handle in the rear, but not up front. I also did not like the fact that they could give you power seat for back/forward etc, but couldn't make the seat back power as wel. Instead you get a knob to turn. The seats aren't terrible, but they aren't anything special. My back hurt a bit when I got out of the car. Maybe I just needed time to adjust it, maybe not. Looks to have decent trunk space and the stereo is nice though. Where are the HIDs?!

I know some will chime in saying you don't need or shouldn't want these items in this car, but let's face it, you don't NEED them in any car, but people WANT them, myself included. It's not a drag car and it's not a muscle car. It's a 4 door family car w/some pick up. It should have these simple things.

Also, the salesman, wen talking about it maybe lacking bells & whistles for me, said well "it's a Pontiac" in a tone as if he was saying well POntiac makes cheap cars.

To sum it up, I wouldn't buy one as I feel there are numerous other cars out there that I prefer, but Igave it a chance and would have gladly ate my crow had I been all set to get rid of my MS6 for it.

Exterior - 7 out of 10
    Interior - 4 out of 10

I'm sure I'll read nothing but articulate and eloquent replies telling me that Mazdas & Fords suck ad I'm a moron etc etc. Well if that's all you can reply with I feel bad for you.
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    I said I would drive one and I did.

I'll start off by giving GM and the car a compliment. It doesn't feel like a 4k lb car. Let's cast Looks aside as they are subjective. (I do like the exterior of the car minus the wheels BTW)

The a pillars are too big. They blocked too much for me. I thought the trunk mounted battery was cool. From what I got to test in the way of handling, it handled well. Not record breaking, but good for a 4k lb sedan. It certainlydoesn't feel fast, but I wasn't expecting it to. Feels like your average high 13/low 14 second car just as it is. Driving it wasn't terribly exciting. Maybe I'm just spoiled by my AWD and turbo and my Mustang. I floored it from a stop & only got a a couple chirps. I'm sure it'd do more with smaller wheels. I feel the 19"s are too big. I also hammered it from a roll and it had decent acceleratoin. Plenty for your average driver, but for the enthusiast this is a snoozefest IMO.

I'd liken the interior to my old GTPs ('98 & '99) Lacking badly. That is where this car needs work. Just looks too bulky and feels cheap. I like the digital speedo, but though the analog next to it was a bit much and quite silly. Pick one, GM.

I still dislike the center console window controls. Only the driver window has auto down and it lacks auto up. That was another point taken away. All 4 of my windows are auto up & down. Not that I need one or want one, but there's an "oh shit" handle in the rear, but not up front. I also did not like the fact that they could give you power seat for back/forward etc, but couldn't make the seat back power as wel. Instead you get a knob to turn. The seats aren't terrible, but they aren't anything special. My back hurt a bit when I got out of the car. Maybe I just needed time to adjust it, maybe not. Looks to have decent trunk space and the stereo is nice though. Where are the HIDs?!

I know some will chime in saying you don't need or shouldn't want these items in this car, but let's face it, you don't NEED them in any car, but people WANT them, myself included. It's not a drag car and it's not a muscle car. It's a 4 door family car w/some pick up. It should have these simple things.

Also, the salesman, wen talking about it maybe lacking bells & whistles for me, said well "it's a Pontiac" in a tone as if he was saying well POntiac makes cheap cars.

To sum it up, I wouldn't buy one as I feel there are numerous other cars out there that I prefer, but Igave it a chance and would have gladly ate my crow had I been all set to get rid of my MS6 for it.

Exterior - 7 out of 10
    Interior - 4 out of 10

I'm sure I'll read nothing but articulate and eloquent replies telling me that Mazdas & Fords suck ad I'm a moron etc etc. Well if that's all you can reply with I feel bad for you.
    Fords suck and you ARE a moron. happy?

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Fords suck and you ARE a moron. happy?
    You're just pissed b/c my Mustang is faster than yours

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Grrrrr to bad I wasn't around to stand up for PONTIACs..
    I like my center window controls ....well most of the time ..sometimes you can bump them accidently...

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Boooo. That dealer sucks balls.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

i'd rock one

That's crazy!! Also I am suprised it had the sport package w/ the 19" wheels, no one around the area here ordered them, b/c w/ the 19" wheel option it comes w/ summer only tires so they didn't get that But the one I want has it all w/ a moonroof, but the dealer don't have one in yet so can't test it, but I want to soon, b/c I LOVED my 04 GTO & this is pretty similar to it in 4 door, plus many more options!!!!
    2008 Lincoln MKZ - AWD
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Wifes car
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Sold
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 - Sold

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

The a pillars are too big. They blocked too much for me.
    My parents have a G6 GT, and it suffers from the same problem. It's faster than my car () but I feel like I can only see half of what I can i nthe thirdgen.
    He was really trying to sell it on you, eh?

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

hmmm so the interior sux huh? thats disapointing, I was planning to buy one of these when I got married for a family car.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Damn, I forgot to mention the "$5,000 market adjustment" on the window sticker.

Black
    1998 Cobra

I'm not surprised to hear any of the things you said. GM's biggest problem is they're still letting 80 year old men design their cars.

One day they'll jump into the modern age and step it up in the way of interior quality.

Actually, I take the 80 year old man statement back. Back in the day the interiors were absolutely awesome. Why can't GM actually take their market studies and apply them to the cars they make?

Is anyone else tired of telling GM what we want in a car, only to have GM thank us by TELLING us what they're going to make available?

F this... I'm buying a C6. At least they haven't screwed THEM up yet...

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

i doubt he test drove one LOL.

what a fucking douche bag. of course he says eveything suckaazxxxxxxx Mah AwwDDD TurBoS RulZ

mazdaspeed6 = slow gay peice of junk

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

good write up!!! btw.. fords suck!!!

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    good write up!!! btw.. fords suck!!!
    Come down to Atco w/your wheels....if it ever doesn't rain on a day the track is open

Impounded

Silver
    02 Camaro Z28

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's02Z28M6 View Post
    You don't know what a stock G8 looks lke yet?

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

is the homo mazadaspeed junk your wifes car? i hope so. gayness

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

G8 looks good to me. It would be a great DD to compliment the Z16 & Z28. What exactly is its competition? The 5-series, M45, LS430, Charger/300C etc...so size and weight are right in line. The power is there, the price is reasonable, it looks good and has proven a proven driveline. I don't understand all the hate...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by random-strike View Post
    i doubt he test drove one LOL.

what a fucking douche bag. of course he says eveything suckaazxxxxxxx Mah AwwDDD TurBoS RulZ

mazdaspeed6 = slow gay peice of junk
    Quote Originally Posted by random-strike View Post
    is the homo mazadaspeed junk your wifes car? i hope so. gayness
    Props to you for the most insightful posts in this thread

Since it sucks so bad, what is your daily driver?

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Props to you for the most insightful posts in this thread

Since it sucks so bad, what is your daily driver?
    uh my 01 z28... lol

and my street bike i guess

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information