Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

silver
    98 ss camaro

I did a stupid thing

So i'm driving down a business street 2 lanes each was some honda keeps reving his engine in the turning lane ahead so I had to give him a little rev as I drove past. I look in my side view mirror when I hear him rev back and give me a thumbs down. I couldn't stand that so I make a u turn and wait for him to turn, the road ends up being smaller then I thought only one lane. He trys to pull away lmao that was funny all you see it smoke coming out of his exhaust as he trys to pull away. I'm in third all over his ass kinda just cruising, this guy was a waist of time. We come up to a turn didn't relize it till things went bad I hit the turn at about 95, would have been fine, I could see the green light through the turn and a long straight away. I let off for a second so there was some more room( it's a pretty long wide turn) so I can just step on it and pass him. I step on it back up around 95, almost through the turn the light turns yellow we're both flying, he's probably around 75 cuz I was flying up on him. This dumb fuck slams on his breaks and starts fishtailing and is in the middle of the intersection. I have to start trying to break in the turn because I don't know where his ass is gonna end up my khumos don't grip for shit and my back end kicks out. Driver side facing the light I would have been fine but when dumb ass finally stops he just sits there and i'm sliding towards him so I have to try to kick it the other way, which I manage to do and avoid him almost held the sideways drift but was going to fast still. I can tell it's gonna spin through the intersection so I just turn the wheel and go with it and countered out of it. Probably looked pretty cool did a 360 pulled it almost completely straight in the correct lane just kept with the gas and never stopped punched it to get the hell out of there before someone called the cops. Purpose of this is yes I learned my lesson freeway and straight away only you don't know what the dumb fuck in front of you is going to do, he would have made it through the light fine shit I would have made it through the yellow too. back to the purpose I need better control, thank god I've done so much stupid shit I know what to do when the car loses control but I don't want to lose control again. What suspension work can I do to help this and i plan on putting 315 in the back instead of the 275's that are on there now, figured this will help a little. Sorry this is so long but any advise besides not being an idiot I realize my mistake just want to know how to get some better traction.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Sell your car.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

cliff's

Living the Dream LS1FirehawkWS6's Avatar

2000 Trans-Am
    2007 Silverado 2500HD LTZ

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    cliff's
    raced a ricer, lost control, looking for suspension/handling upgrade reccomendations.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

all racing is stupid............glad I never do it

silver
    98 ss camaro

thanks guys completely not helpful at all lol sometime I wonder why I ask on here. Would have been fine I don't know why you would slam on your breaks at a yellow when your doing about 70 and not far away guess I give people too much credit as far as their common sense. Really though I was looking for help not some dumbass comments. As far as driving I think I did pretty good controling the car going that fast I would have just went on the wrong side of the road but there was cars there at first would like to see those making these comments handle it. anyways if you don't have something helpful to say about what i asked go waste someone else's time plz.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    thanks guys completely not helpful at all lol sometime I wonder why I ask on here. Would have been fine I don't know why you would slam on your breaks at a yellow when your doing about 70 and not far away guess I give people too much credit as far as their common sense. Really though I was looking for help not some dumbass comments. As far as driving I think I did pretty good controling the car going that fast I would have just went on the wrong side of the road but there was cars there at first would like to see those making these comments handle it. anyways if you don't have something helpful to say about what i asked go waste someone else's time plz.
    you want a serious comment here it is.........no matter what suspension mods you put on, if you try to make a turn at 90+ next time you might not live to post about it. You were very lucky you didnt wreck

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    you want a serious comment here it is.........no matter what suspension mods you put on, if you try to make a turn at 90+ next time you might not live to post about it. You were very lucky you didnt wreck
    very true but theres always something that can help it was very close to not breaking loose so the smallest thing might have mad a difference. I'm sticking to track and freeway from now on but would like to know what are some simple things I can do because like i said the smallest thing could have held it.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

very true but theres always something that can help it was very close to not breaking loose so the smallest thing might have mad a difference. I'm sticking to track and freeway from now on but would like to know what are some simple things I can do because like i said the smallest thing could have held it.
    better tires and subframe connectors would be a good start
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 07-04-2008 at 12:29 PM.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

not racing or anything, just going home.......

I was going down a back road at 75 mph........came up to a curve I had forgot about and jerked the wheel---back end slid around and I did a 360, ended up facing the right direction with my back left tire in the ditch....pulled out and went home a bit slower.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    all racing is stupid............glad I never do it
    We need a Pinocchio icon replete with growing nose....

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

To the OP: Your thread title says it all.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Just so you know for future reference....legally you're just as responsible for the other driver as you are yourself in a street race.

So say you race a dumbass ricer, he loses control and kills someone else and/or himself...you're fucked. That could've easily just happened to you....think about it. You will do time and be opened up civilly for the surviving family to rightfully ass rape you.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Call Darwin

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post
    Sell your car.
    X2. And after you sell your car, take some cash and buy a proper english/spelling book. Youre shit is horrible to read.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Thumbs down

So i'm driving down a business street 2 lanes each was some honda keeps reving his engine in the turning lane ahead so I had to give him a little rev as I drove past. I look in my side view mirror when I hear him rev back and give me a thumbs down. I couldn't stand that so I make a u turn and wait for him to turn, the road ends up being smaller then I thought only one lane. He trys to pull away lmao that was funny all you see it smoke coming out of his exhaust as he trys to pull away. I'm in third all over his ass kinda just cruising, this guy was a waist of time. We come up to a turn didn't relize it till things went bad I hit the turn at about 95, would have been fine, I could see the green light through the turn and a long straight away. I let off for a second so there was some more room( it's a pretty long wide turn) so I can just step on it and pass him. I step on it back up around 95, almost through the turn the light turns yellow we're both flying, he's probably around 75 cuz I was flying up on him. This dumb fuck slams on his breaks and starts fishtailing and is in the middle of the intersection. I have to start trying to break in the turn because I don't know where his ass is gonna end up my khumos don't grip for shit and my back end kicks out. Driver side facing the light I would have been fine but when dumb ass finally stops he just sits there and i'm sliding towards him so I have to try to kick it the other way, which I manage to do and avoid him almost held the sideways drift but was going to fast still. I can tell it's gonna spin through the intersection so I just turn the wheel and go with it and countered out of it. Probably looked pretty cool did a 360 pulled it almost completely straight in the correct lane just kept with the gas and never stopped punched it to get the hell out of there before someone called the cops. Purpose of this is yes I learned my lesson freeway and straight away only you don't know what the dumb fuck in front of you is going to do, he would have made it through the light fine shit I would have made it through the yellow too. back to the purpose I need better control, thank god I've done so much stupid shit I know what to do when the car loses control but I don't want to lose control again. What suspension work can I do to help this and i plan on putting 315 in the back instead of the 275's that are on there now, figured this will help a little. Sorry this is so long but any advise besides not being an idiot I realize my mistake just want to know how to get some better traction.
    suspension mods can't fix "stupid." Honestly, what the fuck were you trying to proove to some beat-ass civic? You wound up looking like a dumb ass high-tailing it all over the road like a fish out of water. You really think you showed him? and to say "i'm a pretty good driver" is a mute point, b/c other than keeping the car out of a ditch/another car you drove like a jack ass and almost wrecked.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

pretty LUCKY driver... Good??? Ha! good drivers wouldnt have been in the situation to begin with... sell the car to someone who will take care of it, not deplete one more of the everdwindling f-body supply.

NBM
    98 trans am

suspension mods and new tires, and the common sense mod

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information