1966 Corvette Coupe

Angry I Cant Coooook!!!

i tried... i really did... had me some hashbrowns... biscuits... and sausage lined up tonight...

my buscuits are gooey in the middle and burnt on top... my sausage looks sooo good till i cut it open an its bright red in the middle... and the hash browns are more like shredded baked potato since i didnt have any oil so i used butter to cook them...

im honestly sad about this... i was really looking forward to not screwing this up... or just making half of it eatable... now im left with an empty stomach and a sad heart...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

That sucks, but atleast you're not driving an 'SVT' vette...

1966 Corvette Coupe

i left off sho... svo... joe gibbs... saleen... yenko... motion... srt... and iroc... oh oh oh and nismo
    Last edited by predator; 01-24-2006 at 04:29 PM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

home slice....nock down your temperatures by 1/2 or 2/3 and be more patient-that's if you were using frying pans.

if you're doing oven stuff, still knock it down by about a 100° and lengthen the baking time. Cover stuff with aluminum foil and shuffle things in the trays around like every 5-7 minutes. Follow cooking directions, if something calls for oil, damn it BUY OIL!

1966 Corvette Coupe

i really didnt even think about the oil till i had a hand full of taters in the pan... so i have to improvise... i didnt even have any in the deep frier that i could rob... and yeah now i know... about temps... but i didnt think 5 out of 10 would be too much for the sausage... and the ove was because it was a toaster oven... i should have known to turn it down... im just sad...

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

whoa!!! yeah, toster ovens are harsh, very very VERY close proximity in there. I'm thinking conventional oven. Definatly do like 2.5 max on that toaster oven, and make sure the "toast" setting is off.

Was all this stuff frozen before you scorched the outsides of them?

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    home slice....nock down your temperatures by 1/2 or 2/3 and be more patient-that's if you were using frying pans.

if you're doing oven stuff, still knock it down by about a 100° and lengthen the baking time. Cover stuff with aluminum foil and shuffle things in the trays around like every 5-7 minutes. Follow cooking directions, if something calls for oil, damn it BUY OIL!
    wow, chef boy r d . hee

hey man i'm a chef and i hate cooking breakfast i'll cook italian all day long. thanks jeremy

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

wow, chef boy r d . hee

hey man i'm a chef and i hate cooking breakfast i'll cook italian all day long. thanks jeremy

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

wow, chef boy r d . hee

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

wow, chef boy r d . hee

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

wow, chef boy r d . hee

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

wow, chef boy r d . hee

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

wow, chef boy r d . hee

Bright Purple Metallic

Well sounds like you use to much heat for the biskets and sausage. Next time lower your temp and everything will work out fine. Cooking is not that difficult. Try not to rush the process by using high heat. Medium is good for 90% of the time.

Try watching the food channel. There are a lot of shows for beginners. Forget Emeril and others until you have the basics down (sauteeing, pan frying and other simple techniques). Once you get the hang of it, things will fall into place.
    Only 34K miles and still counting (that's from Sept '97)

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

1fast.....what the FUCK?! did you have to repost 6 times?!?!?!

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    He said homeslice......

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble maker
    He said homeslice......
    according to your profile, you're 4 years old...don't make me call your mommy

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

"without us, some guys would starve..."

Thread Information