Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

i can understand road rage!!

so, i'm going home from work at 4pm yesterday. to get home from work i take a 3 lane highway (takes me only about 10 mins in perfect conditions at 65mph) and at 4pm traffic starts to get heavy going out of the city. i was in the passing lane which was clear so i was able to go 65 (speed limit is 55). so i'm going 65 and passing traffic and of course here comes an SUV right on my ass. this idiot is swerving back and forth then starts to flash headlights at me....now i can't change lanes and i'm going 10 over the speed limit, passing all the traffic and i will NOT speed up just cause this person wants to go faster... after about 1/4 mile traffic clears up and i'm able to change over one lane to let the idiot pass me and on the way past they slow down and a the driver (woman- late 30s to mid 40s) and her passenger (man - early 40s) start to scream and flip me off then swerve in front of me and slow down!!!! i have a quick trigger and i have a really bad temper and i'm not really the best person to pull this crap on but i was in a good mood yesterday so i was not in the mood to issue pain. what i did was follow them for about 6 miles past where i would normally get off and i stayed behind them in to a Price Chopper (grocery store) i pulled in to a spot not too far from where they were. i got out and started to walk in the store behind them and wow, they didn't want to be angry and flip me off anymore... in fact they started to walk faster in to the store! i walked in, turned around and went back to my car with a smile on my face. i bet they thought i was going to start some crap... i wonder if they got the point or if i should have made a scene..

oh well... just had to rant about it. i hate people!

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

That would piss me off too. I just hate when people pull in front of you and go 10 -15 miles under. Happened the other day. I was driving down the road doing 40mph(speed limit) and this car pulls in front of me and does 25 mph. I just moved to TN and people barely even do the freakin speed limit.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    so, i'm going home from work at 4pm yesterday. to get home from work i take a 3 lane highway (takes me only about 10 mins in perfect conditions at 65mph) and at 4pm traffic starts to get heavy going out of the city. i was in the passing lane which was clear so i was able to go 65 (speed limit is 55). so i'm going 65 and passing traffic and of course here comes an SUV right on my ass. this idiot is swerving back and forth then starts to flash headlights at me....now i can't change lanes and i'm going 10 over the speed limit, passing all the traffic and i will NOT speed up just cause this person wants to go faster... after about 1/4 mile traffic clears up and i'm able to change over one lane to let the idiot pass me and on the way past they slow down and a the driver (woman- late 30s to mid 40s) and her passenger (man - early 40s) start to scream and flip me off then swerve in front of me and slow down!!!! i have a quick trigger and i have a really bad temper and i'm not really the best person to pull this crap on but i was in a good mood yesterday so i was not in the mood to issue pain. what i did was follow them for about 6 miles past where i would normally get off and i stayed behind them in to a Price Chopper (grocery store) i pulled in to a spot not too far from where they were. i got out and started to walk in the store behind them and wow, they didn't want to be angry and flip me off anymore... in fact they started to walk faster in to the store! i walked in, turned around and went back to my car with a smile on my face. i bet they thought i was going to start some crap... i wonder if they got the point or if i should have made a scene..

you and me are about one in the same... accept once i realise they are scared i will fuck with them worse...

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

man when people do that i always slow down to the exact speed limit and hit the cruise. when someone rides my ass im just gonna go slower

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

LOL!
    I've never took it that far,
    You never know who has a gun now a days.

If you got a gun with you, then, i guess that'd be a different situation

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    man when people do that i always slow down to the exact speed limit and hit the cruise. when someone rides my ass im just gonna go slower

i really didn't want to do this in the passing lane on the highway... if i'm on on a one lane road i will slow to a crawl 100% of the time. i just don't mess around on the highway cause i've seen what can happen...

i really didn't want to do this in the passing lane on the highway... if i'm on on a one lane road i will slow to a crawl 100% of the time. i just don't mess around on the highway cause i've seen what can happen...
    true. . . i guess i prob wouldnt have in that situation either

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by b.lee View Post
    LOL!

i agree with this as many younger people don't want to be honorable anymore and are quick to pull out a weapon. but i saw their age and figured that they were not going to pull anything on me.. even if they did have a gun it would take balls to pull it on a person in a public place like that.. they would get arrested in a heartbeat.... you can't just pull a gun on somebody unless they have a gun also. it is that whole equal force thing...

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

I have EXTREME roadrage at times. I remember several months ago I was turning onto my street from a backstreet. I was making a right hand turn. About 25 feet down the road there was a lawn truck parked in the street on the other side. So I was okay to turn, however there was a Navigator coming from the other direction that had the option to wait for me to go by and then go around the truck, or to go ahead and get in the wrong lane and pass while running me into the grass. Topper was they were yelling and cursing at me while they passed. Then they stopped. At this time I jump out of the car and start cursing, ready to beat the guys ass. Now suddenly have a whole new attidude. Turns out they were some foreign tourists and once I got out of the car they were like "oh no what are you doing" and drove away.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by b.lee View Post
    LOL!

Yep going to look for a fight while carrying a gun is a great idea.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

You are the type of driver that causes road rage and traffic problems.

Just hit my pet-peeve. Slower traffic move right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post

sometimes you cant instantly move right. people that ride my ass because I cant move over fast enough for them run the risk of opening a can of trouble they are not prepared for.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by AXIS View Post
    sometimes you cant instantly move right. people that ride my ass because I cant move over fast enough for them run the risk of opening a can of trouble they are not prepared for.
    That I understand. Its the ones that refuse to or are not paying attention that bothers me.

I guess the first question is, why drive in that lane if you are not passing?

On our 4 lane highways, I always drive in the #2 or #3 lane. I am only in the #1 lane when passing and the #4 lane when exiting and entering the freeway.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I have odd driving habits. Example on my commute to and from school (3.5 hours) When driving through the city the 5-lane highway speed limit is 55mph, and there's lots of traffic, I'm going 85-90mph and passing on the inside, etc etc. But when I get to the 2 lane highway with the 70mph limit, I always stick to the slow lane and 18 wheelers pass me

i get over after i pass . . . im just talkin bout the people that get so close that you cant see theyre headlights. and theyre weavin in and out of traffic like they own the road.

haha four lanes ??? whaat? we max out at 2 here in muncie

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I hate pickup trucks. It's almost as if they picked that vehicle specifically so their high beams can shine directly into my rearview mirror.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Sounds like the time I was going through a part of town that isknown for haveing a cop sit in his little spot in this open field .. Well Im already doing 55 in a 45 , but here comes this idiot in a old beat up truch .. He comes zooming up on me and is all over my ass . Well Im not going to speed up until I get past the place where the cop usualy sit .. So he whip that ruck around me and goes screaming off down the road... Sure enough there is the town police in his little spot .. and pulled the guy over .. I made sure to slow down a lot whe I went passed him with the cop in his window.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Cool

What I love is when the person in front of me is driving slow and someone gets on my ass, like my t/a has turbo boost or something (kightrider). If only it was legal to shoot out your t-tops!!!!

Black

i get over after i pass . . . im just talkin bout the people that get so close that you cant see theyre headlights. and theyre weavin in and out of traffic like they own the road.

haha four lanes ??? whaat? we max out at 2 here in muncie
    Those idiots I don't care for. But I pay attention and move over well before anyone can tailgate me.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Those idiots I don't care for. But I pay attention and move over well before anyone can tailgate me.

yes, but if i am passing traffic going 10mph over the limit already when the rest of the traffic is only going 55 then i should NOT have to slow down 10mph to get behind the slow traffic just so some nutjob can blow by at 70-80mph... as long as i'm passing traffic i have EVERY right to stay in my lane going 10mph faster than the limit.

if i was going like 60 and just barely passing i can see how somebody can get upset but c'mon.. i'm going 10 over the limit in a place where most people stick to the limit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information