Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Am Legend

Thumbs up I Am Legend

Unpredictably, I saw this movie twice today.

All in all, this movie was pretty damn good. If youre a dog lover, youll love this movie. Well............yeah, youll love it.

Some things I must say about it that I did not like:

1. The special effects sucked. The backgrounds were good (isolation, deserted NY scenes), but the creatures and I mean every one, looked like a cartoon to me. I seem to remember going to the theater and getting dazzled and then possibly, seeing some "fakeness" to those special effects when I got the Dvd months later. No, I noticed the fake shit from the get go.

2. Not all the questions were answered. I know they arent supposed to be, but a lot were, so I thought theyd close the deal and answer all the questions. Without giving away spoilers, I cannot give any more hint.

In totality, its a really good flick. Worth buying. Worth seeing twice in the theater.

Will and Sam made this movie.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

yep I saw it a lil while ago today to. id give it like 3/5 its pretty good, I laughed at the gas prices in the one scene...$7 gallon of gas for premium hahahaha I guess in 2012 thats what the prices are going to be like.

$6.95 I saw it twice.

To tell you the truth, this movie kinda scared me when I thought about it as a viral outbreak.

But...I am sorry, but a virus mutating people that happen to be strong and fast? Unless theyre Xmen, I am not buying it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

thanks for the info, mite have to check it out...

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

I did wonder what was with all the ford advertisements, it seemed every car they had in it was a ford lol.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

All in all, i enjoyed it i would definately see it again.

Green
    1993 Mazda MX-6 LS

I was waitin for someone to start the topic. I love how on the edge of my seat this movie got me. I'm not the kind to jump when something freakish happens, in any horror flick even, but this movie didn't allow me to get prepared for any of it.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

honestly I saw it tonight and I wasn't really impressed. I think it could have been a whole lot better. Imo wait for the dvd. I give it a 6/10.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

I saw it, and omg, really, it sucked balls. I wanted my money back. A bunch of people started booing at the end in my theater.

I mean, they tried SO hard to set the ambiance, and they pulled that off fairly well... but there was no follow-through, no satisfaction, like 1 scene with actual good action, and oh my GOD so many fuckin loose ends. Also, the samantha epiphiny was fucking BULLSHIT. The CG was late 90's era quality(the mummy 1 had WAY better CG) and when the shit hit the fan....... nobody cared anymore.

And also, come the fuck on, resident evil/28 days later rip. Oh noes ANOTHER fucking man made virus gone wrong, its not like that hasn't been done before. Oh wait... its like the 4th fuckin movie in the last 5 years with that storyline.

ARRRGGGHHH that movie actually looked SO good the the previews....

MAJOR ASS ONE OUT OF FIVE

i wanted to see it......guess not

Dont be thrown off, I can decipher through this kid's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    I saw it, and omg, really, it sucked balls. I wanted my money back. A bunch of people started booing at the end in my theater.
    A bunch of people or just two mildy impressed idiots that demanded more uzis and rockets? Calling a MAJOR bullshit call here. I saw this shit twice in one day (didnt plan on it) and both times I heard a few random claps, insinuating applause. Youre telling me your city is vastly different in taste than Gainesville?

I mean, they tried SO hard to set the ambiance, and they pulled that off fairly well... but there was no follow-through, no satisfaction, like 1 scene with actual good action, and oh my GOD so many fuckin loose ends. Also, the samantha epiphiny was fucking BULLSHIT. The CG was late 90's era quality(the mummy 1 had WAY better CG) and when the shit hit the fan....... nobody cared anymore.
    The loose ends werent all that loose. Sure there were some questions to be answered, but as a whole it worked. I didnt like the CGI either. It actually reminded me of Jumanji. However, I hardly ever find any animal shit to be real. Almost makes people/animals TOO fluid-like. Even living beings have some blocky movements. Oh and what do you mean the "samantha epiphiny?"

And also, come the fuck on, resident evil/28 days later rip. Oh noes ANOTHER fucking man made virus gone wrong, its not like that hasn't been done before. Oh wait... its like the 4th fuckin movie in the last 5 years with that storyline.
    Actually...this movie is a remake of a remake. Omega Man? Might want to do some homework before shouting out shit like that.

However, I do agree that it reminds me of 28 days later...but this was actually not dull.

ARRRGGGHHH that movie actually looked SO good the the previews....

MAJOR ASS ONE OUT OF FIVE
    1 out of 5? Really? Christ. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to score this at the lowest standard is beyond me. Your telling me, in YOUR opinion, that this movie was among all the other movies in your head that are considered the worst of the worst? Well it has to be cuz you said 1 out of 5.

Well this "1 out of 5" will top this weekend and I am predicting it will next weekend. In fact, it might be a top seller all the way until AVPR..and even then Ill bet it will make more total gross.

Now. Lets see how accurate your judgment is to mine.
    Last edited by AKIRA; 12-15-2007 at 08:44 AM. Reason: accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by NdrSiege View Post
    I was waitin for someone to start the topic. I love how on the edge of my seat this movie got me. I'm not the kind to jump when something freakish happens, in any horror flick even, but this movie didn't allow me to get prepared for any of it.
    YES.

I noticed when he got in the trap, that I found myself on the edge of my seat with my fists clenched. Of course, I was thinking of Sam at this point, but I didnt remember the last time I was in that much suspense from a movie. I even chuckled and relaxed...but then I would start to clench my fists again.

Even though the CGI looked dated, it didnt rob me of any excitement and thats what counts.

I also loved the fact that there was little music in the movie..adding to a sense of realism.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

rofl, ok... maybe everyone was drunk in gainsville? who knows.

Can you seriously deny that the ending was terrible? There was just no satisfaction there to be had. What he does at the end of the final scene in the lab, was completely unnessicary.... and they didnt even TRY to justify it. Same way they did the gandalf falling scene in LOTRs... plot gap a mile wide, and no attmept to explain it other that the charactors stupidity. Also, that place at the end? Explain to me how a 10 foot tall wall would stop those things? PLOT GAP - LACK OF THINKING - LACK OF CARING these things destroy what could be a good movie.

Will smith CARRIED this movie... which, of course, he pretty much has to since he alone in 90% of it. Hes what made the first half decent. However, when the plot "thickened" there was nothing there, come on. And when the actual interaction started happening towards the end, it was SO forced. Ugh. The reason I give it a one out of 5, is not so much that its THAT bad, but it was THAT dissapointing.

And of course it'll be top this weekend, and maaaaybe next weekend too. Nothing else good came out. And whoever did the previews needs a freakin promotion, and to be shot. It promised SO much more than it delivered. I would have rather seen will smith and the puppy just running around the city for an entire hour and a half then ANYTHING else that happened.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

And also: That dog she get nominated for best supporting actor, lol

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

DAMN Akira!!! What gives you the right to rip B's OPINION so hard??

What makes you the expert on his preferences?

Personally, I feel you should delete your comment, as it is meaningless to the movie, and wrong for this thread.

B43's comments are HIS. And he has every right to state them.

ALRIGHT NOW wont u listen

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

i saw it last night, i too agree that the peeny wall that sorounded (THE LAST HUMANS ALIVE!) is not going to stop these things, they odviously climb 90* walls (in one scene) and can hang from a celing like a spider (in one scene) ..BS. + the last scene.... i dont want to say to much and give it away , SO if you HAVE NOT seen it STOP reading NOW!.....

ok the last scene, odviously there was enough room in that "vault" for the 3 of them, he stated "they WILL NOT STOP" meaning if he had gone in there with them (the 2) that they would eventually get in to them, so he blew them all up in order to save the 2, BUT theres no way in hell that every single "creature" was in that basement at that time. so blowing them up in there would only buy the "2" like 5 more mins till more creatures (that were outside) came in and killed the 2 anyway, so i call BS on the entire ending, hell from the second that he tries to comit suicide (running them over and over in his FORD) the movie got BS for me, i give it a 3/5 1 being cabin fever, 5 being T3

btw...... yes definatly ford advertising at there best..., seriously if you could own any car you wanted...... viper, lambo, maserati, ferrari, ascari, bugatti, ford gt, gt40, zo6 just to name a few.... yeah shelby gt 500 is ok.... but damn fords seriously.

rofl, ok... maybe everyone was drunk in gainsville? who knows.

Can you seriously deny that the ending was terrible? There was just no satisfaction there to be had. What he does at the end of the final scene in the lab, was completely unnessicary.... and they didnt even TRY to justify it. Same way they did the gandalf falling scene in LOTRs... plot gap a mile wide, and no attmept to explain it other that the charactors stupidity. Also, that place at the end? Explain to me how a 10 foot tall wall would stop those things? PLOT GAP - LACK OF THINKING - LACK OF CARING these things destroy what could be a good movie.
    The ending was predictable and I agreed with you. However, youre splitting hairs here. These just dont seem like huge problems with me in THIS movie.

The wall at the end? Looked higher than 10 feet, however, who cares! Maybe there was some sort of coating that enabled them to not grasp the walls, maybe it was electrified, I dont know. What I do know that if this shit really happened, Id guarantee you that there would be some sort of walled off community, so Id call it realistic. Again, youre splitting hairs.

Will smith CARRIED this movie... which, of course, he pretty much has to since he alone in 90% of it. Hes what made the first half decent. However, when the plot "thickened" there was nothing there, come on. And when the actual interaction started happening towards the end, it was SO forced. Ugh. The reason I give it a one out of 5, is not so much that its THAT bad, but it was THAT dissapointing.
    So what if Will Smith carried it. He had to. Just like Tom Hanks in Cast Away. I am not sure how saying an actor carried the movie is enough substance to say why it was a flaw. And I see your other comment about the dog being a good costar. Hmm...a movie about a man and a DOG and no one else until 2/3s and they both did a good job? Yeah, Id say thats well crafted direction.

And of course it'll be top this weekend, and maaaaybe next weekend too. Nothing else good came out. And whoever did the previews needs a freakin promotion, and to be shot. It promised SO much more than it delivered. I would have rather seen will smith and the puppy just running around the city for an entire hour and a half then ANYTHING else that happened.
    "of course it will top this weekend" Hmm. Then I guess youre the minority. Its true, nothing is coming out, but you said it was 1 out of 5, so unless the grading scale has been altered, Id say that rating qualifies as a shit movie...but you agree that it will sell?

Ive already touched base about Will and the dog, but are you saying that there was no suspense too? You didnt think the 'monsters' were needed and then used accordingly?

Quote Originally Posted by joerockhead View Post
    DAMN Akira!!! What gives you the right to rip B's OPINION so hard??

What makes you the expert on his preferences?

Personally, I feel you should delete your comment, as it is meaningless to the movie, and wrong for this thread.

B43's comments are HIS. And he has every right to state them.
    What makes me an expert on his preferences or my challenge to justify his judgments?

This is called a discussion. I dont mind ripples int he water as long as there is reason. There is no flaming here. If there were, I wouldnt agree with ANY points.

Sorry that there isnt any tits in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bad boy 99 View Post
    i saw it last night, i too agree that the peeny wall that sorounded (THE LAST HUMANS ALIVE!) is not going to stop these things, they odviously climb 90* walls (in one scene) and can hang from a celing like a spider (in one scene) ..BS. + the last scene.... i dont want to say to much and give it away , SO if you HAVE NOT seen it STOP reading NOW!.....

ok the last scene, odviously there was enough room in that "vault" for the 3 of them, he stated "they WILL NOT STOP" meaning if he had gone in there with them (the 2) that they would eventually get in to them, so he blew them all up in order to save the 2, BUT theres no way in hell that every single "creature" was in that basement at that time. so blowing them up in there would only buy the "2" like 5 more mins till more creatures (that were outside) came in and killed the 2 anyway, so i call BS on the entire ending, hell from the second that he tries to comit suicide (running them over and over in his FORD) the movie got BS for me, i give it a 3/5 1 being cabin fever, 5 being T3

***SPOILERS***

First off thank you for saying Cabin Fever is a 1 out of 5. Now THAT rating is acceptable!

Secondly, he knew they be safe there cuz off the creatures that saw them go into the vault were killed with the grenade. Any creature that came down there wouldnt know they were there. Its safe to assume that fire would keep them away unless something is known to be hunted for.

Dont forget, she drove them to his house when it was still dark out, so they went on a certain "hive"s memory. Sooooo the rest of that hive was there...then blown up.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information