Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Bows

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Hunting Bows

Here is the story guys. July 4th we believe our dog of 10 years, Dusty, was killed and taken by coyote's. That makes him the 2nd pet victim in less than a week as a neighbors Chihuahua was stolen in broad daylight right while it was outside with kids. Another attack was attempted on another neighbors dog but it was fought off by their German Shepherd. Anyways, the little guy is a maltese/poodle and it was my mom's dog and shes upset right now and my dad and I decided that we need to kill these things before they get our other dog or hurt someone. Animal control has been out there but they never get out of their fucking cars. We can't shoot them with guns or it would be easy because we have a neighborhood right behind us and lots of family's that would go batshit crazy. Anyone here have a hunting bow they would recommend? We don't know where the nest is we are just hoping to kill the one that goes looking for food so the others will die.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

you might take a look at http://www.gamowhisper.com/

not sure if it'd be enough power to kill what you want, but it'd be a dang good deterent.

edit: i know you asked about bows, but this is a very quiet gun so neighbors wouldn't here a loud shot. And, you never stated if you were actually any GOOD with a bow. Bow's can be just as dangerous as a firearm if the user doesn't have experience with one. Hope this helps.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

That is pretty good right there. I can't see how much they cost though my work blocked that portion of the sight.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

i like my Diamond bow. it is accurate and quiet. whatever bow you get though, practice alot so you can hit it. i would get a release for it too. makes it more consistant.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

.22 is $300 .177 is $350. but if you look at what a good hunting bow is going to run, price difference isn't much. and prolly cheaper for one of these.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

.22 short is very quiet

Where in Fl. are you that you have coyotes??

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Winter Garden. Its outside of Orlando. http://www.wftv.com/news/19855211/detail.html

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

crossbow--very accurate

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming T/A View Post
    crossbow--very accurate
    Hadn't thought of that one. That'd be a great idea as well for him. And alot easier than learning to shoot a bow well (if he can't already).

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Winter Garden. Its outside of Orlando. http://www.wftv.com/news/19855211/detail.html
    Holy shit man!

After I read your first post I googled & found there all over Florida.
    Might be a business to get into.....hmmmmmmmmm

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I used to do archery in high school but thats been almost 4 years since. I just want a quiet way to put these things down.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    I used to do archery in high school but thats been almost 4 years since. I just want a quiet way to put these things down.
    Well I don't think you need a real expensive bow.....Indians killed animals & humans with very primitive ones.(good arrow yes)

I don't think I'd want a coyote with an arrow sticking through him running around the neighborhood though, I don't know if he's gonna go down immediately.

With a gun you'd have to worry about the trajectory so you don't kill someone. Don't need to go to jail for discharging one in the city limits either.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Crossbow will have the stopping power and range that you need!

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I say go for a crossbow.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Crossbow it is. Plus I don't have one yet so it gives me a reason to buy one!

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

I bought a Diamond Justice Bow last January, I'm new to this sport, been practicing a bit, love it. I also have a G5 expert drop away rest, spott-hog 5 pin sight. Thing is, by the time I got all my accessories together, I spent enough to by a gun? Its more expensive than a lot of people think. My Diamond justice bow is great, accurate and very quiet the way its outfitted. If I had more money I would have picked up a Mathews,

http://mathewsinc.com/

or Mission

http://missionarchery.com/index.asp

These are the absolute best in my opinion! but ya might want to check out this sight first.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/

this will give ya most of the information that ya need to know, its a little more involved.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Tomorrow we are gonna go looking for them. Hopefully I can kill all them bastards.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Actually Crossbows are just as powerful as a bow, Sometimes even stronger. All you need though is a barnett they are fairly cheap. Seen them for around 175 the good ones are expensive as hell.

The pellet gun would never kill a "yote" a .22 short is pushing it. I went with the .22 long and bigger

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

a pellet rifle would just annoy a coyote. a .22 or .17 would just maim if you didnt hit an important spot, ie head or heart. a bow or Xbow would do the job if you need to be quiet. also a live trap would be a great idea. if you have a pond around you just trap him and throw the trap in the pond for about 15 minutes. a lot of counties have bounties on them, 75 bucks a head here, or you could sell the pelt. after a bow rips a 3inch hole through him your not gonna get as much for it. theres a guy up the road that buys coyote pelts for 100 bucks each. if your looking to possibly start hunting i would sugest the mathews drenalin if you want a bow, or a ten point titan xbow. i have the drenalin and can hold a 2 inch pattern at 40 yards easily. im assuming youve rarley shot a bow so the xbow would probably work a little better since its the accuracy of a gun but your shooting arrows.

purple(sold)
    1994 firebird formula

bowtech. or diamind. bout the best damn bows they make. if you can find where theyre coming from, get out there with a .17 hmr rifle. farther than a .22 and lot more damage. basically once the bullet enters it explodes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information