Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Question How much should a good paint job cost?

92 Blazer and 86 grand national need paint bad lol, how much should i/would you spend? both car's are straight no rust or body work needed?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

alot.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

on a serious note tho prolly for a good one with all the prep work i'd say at least 2k for each

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    alot.

was hoping you could be a bit more specific

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    on a serious note tho prolly for a good one with all the prep work i'd say at least 2k for each
    I just called Maaco. For $399.95 (ok, quit laughing) they chemically dewax the surface, sand it, apply primer-sealer, spray it with urethane enamel, then another coat of 50%clear and 50% color, then oven bake it. Includes 1 year warranty against peeling/flaking, and 4 year warranty against "loss of gloss". Any additional body work is extra. They even mask off the windows and trim. Is that a deal, or what?

That depends on a lot. Like if your not changing the color is the biggest. And if you are going to take off all the trim. there is a lot of shops that will just tape it all off. The there are the good shops that will take ikt all off. Taking it all of makes for a lot better job. You dont have any tape line. Or the chance of having over spray on anything. Plus they can sand and prep the car better. So you dont have any problem. Down the road.
    Then it depends on what type of Paint you want put on it. Some paints and colors can cost as much as 500. Then again you can get the cheap stuff for a lot less. Plus if you want a base coat Clear or just a single stage. And sometimes that depends on the color too. If the Grand National is Black or any solid color i would do it in single stage regardless. But if I was doing it. it would be single stage urethan. Thats whats on the 33 in my photo.
    Hope this helps. Shannon

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon2356 View Post
    That depends on a lot. Like if your not changing the color is the biggest. And if you are going to take off all the trim. there is a lot of shops that will just tape it all off. The there are the good shops that will take ikt all off. Taking it all of makes for a lot better job. You dont have any tape line. Or the chance of having over spray on anything. Plus they can sand and prep the car better. So you dont have any problem. Down the road.
    Then it depends on what type of Paint you want put on it. Some paints and colors can cost as much as 500. Then again you can get the cheap stuff for a lot less. Plus if you want a base coat Clear or just a single stage. And sometimes that depends on the color too. If the Grand National is Black or any solid color i would do it in single stage regardless. But if I was doing it. it would be single stage urethan. Thats whats on the 33 in my photo.
    Hope this helps. Shannon
    All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    I just called Maaco. For $399.95 (ok, quit laughing) they chemically dewax the surface, sand it, apply primer-sealer, spray it with urethane enamel, then another coat of 50%clear and 50% color, then oven bake it. Includes 1 year warranty against peeling/flaking, and 4 year warranty against "loss of gloss". Any additional body work is extra. They even mask off the windows and trim. Is that a deal, or what?
    Well if you wnt the inside of the doors and the underside of the truck to match perfect. I would NOT take it to MAACO. They get their paint very cheap and dont spend any time on making sure it matches. PLus they DO NOT sand and buff anything. For that price. So you get a nice paint job with A LOT of dirt. I may would take the blazer but No way would they touch the GN.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

With body work and paint.....you get what you pay for I paid $5K for my Maro to be fully painted with some body work (AKA Aftermarket Hood prep for fitment, headlight install, etc) That has a life time warrenty for everything
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Hope this helps. Shannon
    ok thanks the gn and blazer is black

White
    '10 ZR1

2K - 4K IMHO.

Don't waste your money with Maaco.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    With body work and paint.....you get what you pay for I paid $5K for my Maro to be fully painted with some body work (AKA Aftermarket Hood prep for fitment, headlight install, etc) That has a life time warrenty for everything
    post pics............ and 5k wow........dont know if i can spend that type of money..........

White
    '10 ZR1

Hope this helps. Shannon
    Why even bother if you aren't going to take it to a place that is going to do it right in the first place?

If you don't want your prospective painter to 'remove the trim' and just 'tape it off', you will get what you pay for.........a P.O.S. paint job.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    post pics............ and 5k wow........dont know if i can spend that type of money..........
    Says the guy with 4 vehicles??

Blazer, GN, Monte, TA - right?

Well take the blazer down to them first and let them shoot it. And see how you likeit. But the GN Would look great with about 5 to 6 coats of staight black on it. Then block sand the color down and buff the shit out of it. I did a GN like that once. In a shop I worked at. Man wish i had pictures of it. We repainted he factory wheels with the same black. And put the decals back on it. Slick as glass. And the side of that car are really flat. So you may thinks it straight now. Buit if you pu a Slick ass black on it you will see the smallest little dent.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Why even bother if you aren't going to take it to a place that is going to do it right in the first place?

If you don't want your prospective painter to 'remove the trim' and just 'tape it off', you will get what you pay for.........a P.O.S. paint job.
    I agree. If its just a beater that you want to slap some paint on it to keep it from rusting apart sure go with a $400 maaco special. I would never never put a maaco paint job on a GN. Have you ever seen a $400 maaco paint job? They really do suck. It almost looks like a rattle can paint job with some more rattle can clear coat on top.

Ask who ever is going to paint it if you can remove all the trim. Im sure they wont have any problem with it. As long as your going to be the one putting it back on. And Im talking about the marker lights, headlight trim ringsd. tail light. and even the bumpers. and Grill. OH and the door handles on your GN are pop rivited on. And you have to take them off. Mirrors. Hell just everything that is on the outside of the car. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I agree. If its just a beater that you want to slap some paint on it to keep it from rusting apart sure go with a $400 maaco special. I would never never put a maaco paint job on a GN. Have you ever seen a $400 maaco paint job? They really do suck. It almost looks like a rattle can paint job with some more rattle can clear coat on top.
    So true.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Says the guy with 4 vehicles??

Blazer, GN, Monte, TA - right?
    hey man don't go calling me out i got them cheap, take it easy on me, i cant spend that much man, i see your point. how can you talk you got a c6z06 lol

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    wow ok lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information