Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

How many of your significant others support your car hobby?

My gf has actually spent most of the last week in the garage with me as I work on the car. Well that is till I start to get irritated bc something is not going just the way I want it. She just goes in till I cool down. Then comes back out. She calls it her way of spending quality time with me plus it helps her learn how cars work. Doubt I will ever get her to turn a wrench but the fact she is trying is nice. Plus she wants me to get a Vette as long as its red and I teach her to drive a stick.

Lately she has been asking me questions about some stuff Ive been looking at on Emblempros. The other day I get one of these in the mail EMBLEMPROS.COM - GM LICENSED AND CUSTOM VEHICLE EMBLEMS - 1998-2002 Black Mirror LS1 ENGINE HEADPLATE 'Last Of The Breed' - ONYX. Now I think she is ordering me a battery cover and one of the AC condensor pieces since she has been asking what logos I like for them.

Gotta say its nice to have a girl who likes and encourages my hobby. All the others seemed to get irritated and say I liked the car more then them. Think Ive found a keeper with this one.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You lost me at significant other

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

My wife is pretty much the exact same, hangs out in the garage with me and stuff. When I get pissed at the car she goes inside too She turns a wrench or two (not very often though) lol, helps me sand, paint, hands me tools and stuff. I enjoy her helping me out and supporting my addiction to working on cars. So it sounds like you've got a keeper for sure, I know I do.

Pewter
    '00 SS

My wife listens to what I have to say but it usually stops there. If we didnt have two boys (10 months and 2 years) that demanded all the attention, I'm sure she would help.
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

my wife is the same way actually has a 01 t.a her self and keeps it pretty clean and maintenance, thats one of the reasons i married her

oh and she also wants to drag race it next time we go to the track but i worry to much bout the car :P lol

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

My gf goes to car shops and car shows with me frequently. She rolls her eyes at me sometimes when I say I need this part or that part, but she knows I love it and is quite supportive. The trade off in general for this kind of stuff is that I go to musicals and dance events with her. As Isaac Newton said, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

My wife is pretty supportive of me. She supported me several months ago when, looking for a new car, I decided to go down the Camaro route, as that was the car I owned when we got married nearly nine years ago. She sees the car as more of an opportunity for our son and I to bond and spend some quality time together, which is definitely a good thing.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

"Tolorate" would be a better word

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Dawn is totally into the car scene -- won't drive anything with more than 2 doors (SUV's aside), prefers stick to auto and loves the track. Her very first car was a 2nd gen Camaro and her second was a '74 Corvette that she still owns today.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

But she has the deer killa Stratus Jeff
    My fiance' will usually come out and watch and try and learn somethings. She likes going to car shows with me and would like to go to the track with me someday

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

My girl is supportive, she actually cried(mainly because we used the money to pay off her bills so she could stay at home) when I sold the T/A 4 years ago when we had our first child. She was very supportive when I came home and told her I was thinking about buying a vette. She likes to help in the garage but with two children she rarely has time to help. My older daughter helps me out.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-23-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    "Tolorate" would be a better word
    This. My wife doesn't care for the T/A as a car, although she agrees it was worth buying with the deal I got. She's very picky about the cars she does like - such as '58 Vette, 66 GTO, ect. You know, all the most expensive ones

She does support me in the fact that it's one of my hobbies, and I won't give it up. She knew that when we got married. She does enjoy going to the track and watching. She does enjoy going to the local car shows as well.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    She's very picky about the cars she does like - such as '58 Vette, 66 GTO, ect. You know, all the most expensive ones
    Yes, well... Duh...

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Yes, well... Duh...
    The funny part is, she doesn't know values. She just picks what she likes. Sadly, they happen to be some of the most expensive cars.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    The funny part is, she doesn't know values. She just picks what she likes. Sadly, they happen to be some of the most expensive cars.
    Ha! I know what you mean. I tell my GF often that she has a 6th sense. I am trying to coin a name for 'the ability to intuitively sense and select the item of most value'... Whatever you call it, she has it too, in regards to food selections, vacation choices, furniture purchases, etc...

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Ha! I know what you mean. I tell my GF often that she has a 6th sense. I am trying to coin a name for 'the ability to intuitively sense and select the item of most value'... Whatever you call it, she has it too, in regards to food selections, vacation choices, furniture purchases, etc...
    My wife's the same. I just call it being a woman

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

my wife refers to my car as "The Mistress"

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I have honestly kinda backed off how into the hobby I am. Mostly because I simply don't have the money/time to invest into it right now.
    The woman enjoys helping when she can though on the details and such.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    my wife refers to my car as "The Mistress"
    Hahaha mine says the same thing about my car.

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

My GF is very supportive. She likes to try to learn the little bit I know how to show her. She likes for me to tell her how to do it while sheturns the wrench. Takes a little longer but its something fun we can do together. She has a Mustang (not my choice) herself she would like me to help her upgrade. Im getting a new job soon so I am hoping to get her into something other then ford but she is already wanting the new boss mustang. She is definatley a keeper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information