Anti-Liberal Activist Element187's Avatar

Black
    2000 Camaro z28

How fast are the new EVO's ?

My brothers gf is all bragging to me that her fathers 2006 evo will spank my ls1.

Mods he has is exhaust, and I guess had some company bring a laptop into his car and "tune" it ..

Shes saying its crazy fast and whoop up on any z06... So someone clarify I guess, the story sounds bullshit..

Can my mostly stock camaro z28 still kick the crap out of her fathers "super" tuner evo ?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

they are real quick, one of myn friends has one but an ls1 with some bolt ons shouldnt have a problem straight line unless he launches high in the tach then hell murder you out of the hole. i would be more worried about curves then straight line. they pull hard but definitely not gonna kill any z06, thats the most bullshit statement i have ever heard. word to the wise, dont listen to girls that are bragging about something that isnt even theirs.

meanZ97
    ok. i have a friend that has an 05'. one night we were out at some street races and another friend of mine that had a blown 500 horse cobra was also there. and now we know that the evo will keep up until 3rd gear. those cars pull HARD of the line.but the yop end on them suck bad. so needless to say if you can get a good launch, i think youll be just fine.

I have an '06 Evo IX MR and I can tell you these cars are the real deal. I owned an 01 SS w/ cam/headers/exhaust so I know what a modded LS1 can do.

With my mods (exhaust, mbc, tune) other guys have been running mid to high 11's on the IX's. I can tell you from a roll, it would be a damn good race...no you will not walk it. From a dig it should be lights out for you if the Evo can launch (easier said than done).

Twisties are not even a worthy comparison. Just search for the Evo vs Gallardo from Top Gear to see what these cars can do around the track.

You would stand a better chance against an VIII, with Mivec on the '06 IX's it's like having a cammed evo right from the factory.

GL, both are great cars. I miss my SS exhaust rumble.

Anti-Liberal Activist Element187's Avatar

Black
    2000 Camaro z28

So I should just slap on a blower on my z28 and be done with it

I know the z06 statement was bullshit... The new z06's move like a raped ape, no matter how badly you launch.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

your fbody should take one eventually straight line, depending on how far you go. if they launch the evo hard off a light on a light to light race you might get smoked. but being that this car is sombodies daddies car, i am guessing the dude doesnt know how to drive it right. if you run a highway race the ls1 should walk it, specially off a roll. the evo has a turbo and has to always be on full boil. its a really peaky powerband. but the evo is lethal when launched from a dig in boost. needless to say its apples to oranges and me personally i like both cars. i really love the evo for its all around performance. its a 4 cyl car that pulls like a mofo, handles like a ferrari, has great brakes, awesome seats, and amazing steering. my gripe is that its not american and its a bit pricey. my friends car out the door was like 30k. the mr is 36?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

and when you brake something on an evo get ready to pay. i dont even wanna know what it costs to do a clutch. thats what you do, ask him to launch hard everytime and on the 5th try when his clutch blows up youll get em lol j/k

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I read they did 13.3 in the quarter

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

i have no reason to doubt the 13.3 either. my friend wont hit a 13.3 in his stock evo cause hes smart and doesnt wanna destroy his car, but based on the way that engine pulls i have no reason to doubt that time is "possible". apparently mitsubishi is really anal about warranty even on cars completely stock. from what i understand the evo is extremely expensive to maintain as well. my friend got a price on what brake calipers cost if one were to seize and they are 1200 a piece for the 4 piston fronts. reason for knowing is his car has had brake pulsation problems. the car only has 8k on it.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I think they are like $36-37, if you can buy one for that ...That makes a GTO look awful good to me ....

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    I think they are like $36-37, if you can buy one for that ...That makes a GTO look awful good to me ....

'zactly

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

yep.

1981 g-Body

uh-huh

Thread Information