NBM
    '00 A4 SS

How do you think this would sound.....

How do you think this muffler would sound on the 5.3 with some kind of piping? I'm guessing I should go with an off road y? I'm trying to make the truck pretty loud btw. So if you know of any loud exhaust setups for the 5.3 post em on up because i'm having a difficult time deciding on what exhaust setup to go with i'm trying to have an exhaust on this thing within the next few weeks.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/se...t=1&sub=16&sc1

I chose that because

1. I've seen so many trucks with that muffler and i think they sound pretty good.

2. They are super common and not that expensive, and i think it'd sound aggresive with the right piping.

So yea, I need some help here guys, any suggestions?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quiet, mellow, and boring, my dad has had both 50 and 70 series on different vehicles and they're not what you want. He had a si/do big block 70 on his 4.7 ram (much louder than a gen 3 truck motor) and it was too quiet both out the rear and when we cut the pipes off for dumps right behind the cab. Go with a single bullet muffler of some sort, just get it welded in to the stock pipe. You know that an off road y means that there are no cats. You said that they are gay about inspection up there so...

Impounded
    gmcheviac

If you're dead set on flowcrapper a 10-series single chamber'll rattle your fillings out. Cherry bomb also their own version of these single chambers and there are ebay knock offs like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Singl...Q5fAccessories < with that one you can go single in and extreme dual it out the back for 35$.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Quiet, mellow, and boring, my dad has had both 50 and 70 series on different vehicles and they're not what you want. He had a si/do big block 70 on his 4.7 ram (much louder than a gen 3 truck motor) and it was too quiet both out the rear and when we cut the pipes off for dumps right behind the cab. Go with a single bullet muffler of some sort, just get it welded in to the stock pipe. You know that an off road y means that there are no cats. You said that they are gay about inspection up there so...
    Yea, well we found out they quit doing the sniffer tests up here they are actually much more chill about the inspections now. Found out that now they aren't gonna even check your car that often anymore. I don't believe you have to even take your vehicle in for inspection every year anymore, so I think i'll be ok without the cats. I'll have to check with my father again but i believe thats the deal with the inspections. And we are trying to move anyways.

I think it would sound good maybe even straight piped, with those mufflers? Well i don't know if that makes since because i'm getting sleepy but yea I need some ideas.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

straight piped=no mufflers. You mean catless with stock manifolds right? Which mufflers? The single chambers?

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    straight piped=no mufflers. You mean catless with stock manifolds right? Which mufflers? The single chambers?
    Just like I said i'm getting sleepy i had a feeling i didn't make since.

I mean straight piped everything else as is. Would that sound good? Or not? God i tell ya buying just a full exhaust would be so much easier but so damn expensive.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Getting a muffler welded in would cost the same in labor as them welding in a piece straight pipe to replace the stock muffler. You don't need an aftermarket cat back. Get a single chamber (one in the link above was only 35$) or a Dynomax bullet, they're 40$

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Like this for example sounds nice.

Thats pretty much the sound i'm looking for. Besides those ugly ass tips sticking out the back and some cow tips instead that would be perfect. I'm gonna send a message to that guy and see if he can tell me the specs of that setup because it sounds nasty, if they could run some cowtips out the sides, thats the exhaust i'm gonna buy.

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

go to ls1sounds.com.........they all sorts of set ups you can hear to choose what you like. I believe they have a few series 70 sounds you can hear.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Ls1_385hp_T/A View Post
    go to ls1sounds.com.........they all sorts of set ups you can hear to choose what you like. I believe they have a few series 70 sounds you can hear.
    ok, i'll check it out thanks man.

blue
    83 mustang 347

10 series... they sounded great on my 4.8

Liquid Red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

My bro has an 04 Silverdo Regency package and he has JBA headers stock cat and straight pipes after after that. No muffler. That thing sounds tits... great tone like any ls engine and is loud. For an idea, look up on youtube "silverado rst." His is a bit louder than the ones on there though.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Your stock cats should take out a good amount of the redneck cackle from running straight pipe. But for legality reasons you might want a bullet muffler. It's just about as loud as running no muffler at all. And it'll take some more cackle out. I like single chambers because they don't really sound like flowmasters and are REALLY loud even when you're running two mufflers like on my truck

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Red97GTP View Post
    My bro has an 04 Silverdo Regency package and he has JBA headers stock cat and straight pipes after after that. No muffler. That thing sounds tits... great tone like any ls engine and is loud. For an idea, look up on youtube "silverado rst." His is a bit louder than the ones on there though.
    Yea, I'll look it up for sure man thanks. I'm def. thinking about getting some LT's also.

Thread Information