Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans-Am

How about a little break up advice?

I've been dating a great girl for a year and a half, living together 4 about 6 months. She's nuts about me does anything she can just to put a smile on my face, but the fact is, she's kinda dumb.

It never bothered me until about a month ago. Around that time she finally took all my teasing about sleeping with another girl to heart and flat out gave me permission...... pretty incredible if you ask me. So I started checking out online dating sites, and I met somebody........ I met somebody spectacular, so freaken hot you could fry an egg on her, fun, funny, bright, and also highly interested in me. But she's not interested in sharing me.

So the die is cast, even if I told the new girl to take a hike it wouldn't work out with the old one anymore, she seems like settling now. So how do you tell someone that you're ditching them becuase the amazing freedom they offered you, just to make you happy, led you to someone else?

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Man I would keep the dumb one! The new one will probably get tired of you and bounce and by then the old one who would do anything for you will be doing anything and everything for someone else!

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

You could keep the dumb one who cares about you and probably cleans up, cooks, and will raise a family... Of course the dumb one also will allow you to screw around with other girls so you can basically have your cake and eat it too or....

Drop the girl that is smart enough to give you freedom because if you abuse it she will avoid a really bad situation (married with kids when you split up)...

Or just decide you want to go chase someone "hot"....

Breaking up always sucks. I suggest figuring out whether this is a case of "the grass is always greener" or whether you are truly dis-satisfied with your current relationship.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

keep the one that lets you do what you want for now.
    if anything, dump her down the line
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    I've been dating a great girl for a year and a half, living together 4 about 6 months. She's nuts about me does anything she can just to put a smile on my face, but the fact is, she's kinda dumb.

It never bothered me until about a month ago. Around that time she finally took all my teasing about sleeping with another girl to heart and flat out gave me permission...... pretty incredible if you ask me. So I started checking out online dating sites, and I met somebody........ I met somebody spectacular, so freaken hot you could fry an egg on her, fun, funny, bright, and also highly interested in me. But she's not interested in sharing me.

So the die is cast, even if I told the new girl to take a hike it wouldn't work out with the old one anymore, she seems like settling now. So how do you tell someone that you're ditching them becuase the amazing freedom they offered you, just to make you happy, led you to someone else?

You don't deserve either of them. You seem a little smug and conceited.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

How old are you man?

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

I agree with nastyfoot, seems like you dont know how good you have it, keep this shit up and your bound to be sitting home alone talking about how good you used to have it. I was engaged to a great girl and f--ed it up and have regreted it every day since. get your head out of your ass and relise how luck you are..

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

I'm not sure it's the girl that's "The Dumb One."

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

christ...

i have a winning lottery ticket... should i cash it???

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

yeah um, i won't even bother, but spaz cut me in on some of that lotto, and if it is fake just give me some money

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

What you need to do is grow a pair and tell her that she is very special and dear to you and that you would never want to be with another woman. She sounds very kind and innocent and if you leave her you will kill that.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    So how do you tell someone that you're ditching them becuase the amazing freedom they offered you, just to make you happy, led you to someone else?
    i think the conversation would pretty much start right there.

Black
    99 Z28

You're kind of a dick.

No, not kind of.

Anyway, my advice would be to hang on to the "dumb" one.

Anyone with a brain would get sick of putting up with someone like you.

Maybe the "hot one" is out to mess up your fun or may be someone who enjoys the chase.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Well, your first mistake is having a girlfriend.

I am currently dating three women. None of them explicitly know that I am dating other people but they are all aware that I am not exclusive to them. I don’t bring it up, they don’t bring it up and everyone is happy.

If I can offer any advice it is to build a stable, that way when one horse is not ready to ride you can hop on another.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

wait untill the day he looks back and asks his self "what have i done? what was i thinking? why did i give her up?" and falls in to depression...

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

i first would like to point out that I AM NOT the first person to say that you're a dick. so i feel better about that, anyway.

you have a great girl that obviously loves u alot, enough to let u stray from her to have a good time (why she would do something like that is beyond me....) so u meet a new person and u wanna dump the original girl... let me think...

sounds like u dont deserve either girl but this is what will happen, and please trust me on this because ive seen this situation a million times with guy friends, and every time it happens i have to laugh at them for being dicks (and because i know its gonna bite them in the ass later)

u dump the original girl, the new "hot" girl goes out with u, things are good until she decides u bore her. she dumps ur ass like a hot potato and then u realize that the original girl was awesome, not self centered, selfish or a plain ole bitch like the new one and u regret ur decision. the original girl realizes that u are a total peice of shit and when u call her, she laughs in your face. and please post when this happens so i can laugh along

everyone expected this kind of post from me, so ill in advanced.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    everyone expected this kind of post from me, so ill in advanced.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

3some

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post

I am currently dating three women. None of them explicitly know that I am dating other people but they are all aware that I am not exclusive to them. I don’t bring it up, they don’t bring it up and everyone is happy.

If I can offer any advice it is to build a stable, that way when one horse is not ready to ride you can hop on another.
    I did that back when I first met the lady who would become my wife...

I had two with the same name..... "Old Mary" and "Young Mary" 29 and 21 years.... I had another who was 42 and my future wife who was 21....

First the oldest one went away, on good terms, and we still communicate off and on.... Then "young mary" went back to her prior boyfriend, which I knew she would, as she had been childhood sweethearts with him. They eventually married and have three kids.

Then old mary found someone very wealthy and much older and so I encouraged her to give him a try...

The only one left was my future wife who I took a big chance on as she was ten years younger than myself.

The bottom line is I never promised to be exclusive with any of them until I allowed things to run their course. I was honest with them all.

As for the gal I would marry... She had two boyfriends when we first met... One was a very nice guy but from a different cultural background and so she knew it would not work in the long term. The other was a couple of states away and "playing the field" with no plans to settle down so she knew her odds there as well...

In the end there was the two of us and our 18th wedding anniversary was last month.

The courtship had no "games"... We were honest although we both glossed over a few "details" I am sure as to not offend the other person. By the time promises were made it was apparent we were right for each other.

I suggest to you that you be honest with your current girl. She seems to understand that if she gives you freedom and you decide to stay that she has made a good choice. I think you need to understand that a girl who is willing to give you freedom and the trust that goes with it is a rare find. If she isn't right for you then do her a favor and bow out gracefully by being honest and up front. if you just want to chase a hot tail then at least show your current girl the respect of honoring your relationship before crapping in the sink. What would you feel like if your current girl, the one you call dumb, said to you that she wanted to pork some other dude and was uncertain of the future of your relationship?

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post

i'm doing the same thing, but i am tired of it, now i am looking for a girl, well not searching, but that is what i want now. I'm done, i've done more in my short life then guys will in there whole life.

So um, here you go guy, dumb girl. If you have no game then stick to her, how many girls have you had. Have you ever had a girl like this, i've had a few. Is this something new to you, are you still young and wanting to mess around, if that is the case then go for the hot one, just realize the other girl will be gone. If i were 20 i would bounce, but now i wouldn't. It all depends on how you feel for the girl. When i've had a girlfriend i could care less about other girls, so you must not have feelings for this other girl, don't waste her time and yours. I am single right now, and i have had my share, so totally work that bug out if you have it man. Even though i am looking for the next one, i probably won't be in a serious relationship for years, i am picky. So if this dumb girl does not do it, cut her loose.

Better yet, why not post pics of both girls and we shall see.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information