Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Unhappy How about this BS at the restaurant.

So my girl and I went on a double date with my buddy and his wife to an expensive Italian restaurant on Saturday. During our dining the waitress messed up quite a few times.

Like for my salad I asked for Russian dressing and she brings me 1000 Islands and then tells me it’s a same thing. I don’t care who you are, I know the difference between Russian dressing vs. 1000 islands and it’s not the same.

Then my buddies wife barely have any dressing on her salad so she asked the waitress for some more...lets just say she never got it because the waitress forgot it.

Then we all got our main course. We all needed refills on our drinks which were 3 sodas. We asked for a refill and then 20 minutes later we had to ask again. I couldn't even eat my food because it was a little spicy and I needed a soda drink to wash it down. but then after another 10 minutes she finally brings it. By that time my dish was cold and I don't know that many people who like to eat cold pasta and cold red sauce. I pretty much had to ask them to wrap it up by then.

So at the End we get our check and its $185. My buddy and I decide that the service was not that great, so we just paid $100 a piece. So total of $200 and that leaves her a $15 tip.

So a few minutes later the waitress comes back and starts to talk out loud and loud enough for people around us can hear it. "What my service that bad that you give me less than 10% tip?"

I can't believe she had the balls to do that. A tip is optional and to be honest, she didn’t even deserve anything.

So as we leave, we complained about her actions at the front desk and they were shocked that she said that. Not even privately. The manager gave us personal cards and said next time they will take care of us.

Some freaking night, huh?
    02 T/A AUTO Metalic Silver. 07 YARIS 5sp 40mpg BABY .
    Best ET is 11.13 @ 120 MPH with 1.47 60FT 11.13 sec vid /////// BurnOut Vid
    ***Real cars dont power the front wheels, they LIFT them.***

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

185 fucking dollars for 4 people to eat?

what in the fuck is this world coming to?

I would have gotten up and left the cold food there and leave refusing to pay because of the bad service.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

i would be pretty pissed off if service was that bad at olive garden paying 40 bucks for a meal let alone at a much fancier place. Hopefully they can her and she can taken up her rightful place at the waffle house or something where she will be lucky to get 1$ tips from 50% of the people that roll through there

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Gee.....if you were Chris Rock's mother you could have claimed discrimination!!

Black
    '99 SS

I was a waiter for a while and in a high end restaurant like that you don't have more than 3 tables usually. That was pretty shitty service and that 15 dollars is way more than I would have tipped. (And being with my prior experience, I usually tip about 40-60%; Everyone should be a waiter for a couple months in their lifetime and when you move onto better paying jobs you would do the same.)

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    I was a waiter for a while and in a high end restaurant like that you don't have more than 3 tables usually. That was pretty shitty service and that 15 dollars is way more than I would have tipped. (And being with my prior experience, I usually tip about 40-60%; Everyone should be a waiter for a couple months in their lifetime and when you move onto better paying jobs you would do the same.)
    I 100% agree. I never waited tables but worked in restaurants after high school for a while. My wife and I eat at high end places pretty regular and the service is usually the reason we go. I can eat good for a lot less but the service is what you pay for. Most high end places will also take care of you if there's a problem. If you would've spoke up to the manager during your meal I'm sure they would've made the rest of your night enjoyable. My brother owns and operates a high end type restaurant and I know he bends over backwards to have people leaving there in awe. I guess anyone can have a bad night but usually those types of places are people that chose that as a profession and are usually on top of their game.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I 100% agree. I never waited tables but worked in restaurants after high school for a while. My wife and I eat at high end places pretty regular and the service is usually the reason we go. I can eat good for a lot less but the service is what you pay for. Most high end places will also take care of you if there's a problem. If you would've spoke up to the manager during your meal I'm sure they would've made the rest of your night enjoyable. My brother owns and operates a high end type restaurant and I know he bends over backwards to have people leaving there in awe. I guess anyone can have a bad night but usually those types of places are people that chose that as a profession and are usually on top of their game.

I know what you mean, but I was never a big fan of complaining during my meals. thats when they might spit in your food if you didnt finish your order.

NBM
    99 TA

if that were me i would have left her zero tip.
    If you leave a shitty tip, then they think you are a cheapskate.
    If you leave no tip, they usually get the hint that the service was shit

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I would have told her to give me the $15 bucks back....that I had made a mistake...the service sucked....and would have said it in an equally loud voice....

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

what restararunt???

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

I was at the airport in St. Louis (i think) and me and some people went to eat at the Cheers there. Well, the waitress was horrible. Just real rude and no refills and all that. Well, after she was rude we all just got up threw our money down and walked out. This dumb bitch runs out from the restaurant and screams at us in the middle of the airport about us not leaving her a tip. We just gave her the bird and walked off.

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    .......Hopefully they can her and she can taken up her rightful place at the waffle house or something where she will be lucky to get 1$ tips from 50% of the people that roll through there
    Hey, do NOT be sending her to Waffle house!! I like that place and I do not want to have to wait 20 minutes for my Coffee Refill!!!!!!

1966 Corvette Coupe

there is no such thing as service anymore... too many ppl act like the world owes them something... or they deserve a better job on thier highschool education...

i do care ifyou work at burger hut or Ches La Nomior.... You accepted the job for the pay rate... now do your fucking job...

-me

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

can someone please tell me when the tip exceeded 15%??? michelle alwyas tell me i have to tip between 20 and 25! i said "why?" she said "cost of living inflation"

FUCK THAT!

primevil
    2000 FRC

I wouldn't have left a tip at all !! And I would have complained about the shity service. I don't care how busy they think they were !!

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    can someone please tell me when the tip exceeded 15%??? michelle alwyas tell me i have to tip between 20 and 25! i said "why?" she said "cost of living inflation"

FUCK THAT!
    im pretty sure cost of living is reflected within the bill itself therefore bringing up the total amount which would also bring up the tip amount... or am i just crazy..

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post

FUCK THAT!
    Agreed my problem is people do not understand tipping is a option. I never tip when i have bad service, i also do not tip over 15%. If your life is that bad you need me to give you a tip to pay the bills then find a new job.

Me, and my girlfriend had bad service at a mexican place we go to atleast once every two months. The waitress forgot to even put my girlfriends order in so my food came out, and my girlfriends was not even cooked. The waitress went and got the manager herself before i could say anything and asked if my girlfriends meals and drinks could be free and my meal be the only thing on the ticket, also the appetizer was free. Amazed by how she handled this we still tipped her in the end.

I love how shocked some are they do not get a tip. They think its a requirment for me to hand over 10$ on a 25$ check when i could have gotten better service at mcdonalds.

You should have asked for the 15 dollars back, also make sure you have a manager confront her right infront of you show him the problem so she cannot twist the story once you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    So a few minutes later the waitress comes back and starts to talk out loud and loud enough for people around us can hear it. "What my service that bad that you give me less than 10% tip?"
    Like yourself, I would have left a small tip as well despite the poor service, but that certainly is total lack of class on her part.

Green Red Black
    71 SS 00 SS 06 Impy SS

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    If you leave no tip, they usually get the hint that the service was shit

If you leave no tip they might think you forgot. That kind of service requires a minimal tip. A $1 tip would get the idea across.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information