Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Houston Red light cameras - Arrgh...

aww poo they got me. I was coming to a secure right turn lane and only yielded, but didn't stop completly.

I'm in the wrong and have to pay the stupid $75. Silly question, but does anybody know if there's a difference between running a red light and failure to stop? Reason I ask is because I failed to stop. Legally you can turn right at the red light, so my violation should of been failure to stop and not that I ran the red light.

Pic for you to laugh at. She does look good on camera...
    Last edited by chuckie669; 11-20-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Right turn doesn't apply at that sort of light because it's obviously only meant to direct traffic for that direction.

Why the fuck would you run a red light?

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

That thing takes a suprisingly good picture. I guess it'd have to in order to nab your plate number.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    aww poo they got me. I was coming to a secure right turn lane and only yielded, but didn't stop completly.

I'm in the wrong and have to pay the stupid $75. Silly question, but does anybody know if there's a difference between running a red light and failure to stop? Reason I ask is because I failed to stop. Legally you can turn right at the red light, so my violation should of been failure to stop and not that I ran the red light.

Pic for you to laugh at. She does look good on camera...
    Click for full size
    $75 is that it? It's $361 here plus your insurance goes through the roof. I'm thinking failure to stop only applies to stop signs...just a guess though.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Damn, that thing looks good.

They getcha out here in d.c. too, they've got those red light cameras everywhere, virtually impossible to run a light and not get caught out here, I slam on brakes when the light turns red even if i'm like 100 feet away (usually overshoots the line by at least 60 feet), I at least try, paying 75-100 bucks everytime you run a light is a bitch, just stop next time. I know I Don't need my insurance to go up, especially since i've only had my liscense for a lil under a year.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

There's supposed to be a sign up warning you there's a camera...you might be able to get it thrown out if there isn't one.

2000 C5 Torch Red

No signs up that I could find. They give you three pictures and a hi def video so that you can watch yourself run it over and over again.

I guess I'll just go straight from now on. That turn was early in the day and not a car on the road. I'd rather get pulled over, at least you have a shot and they use some gas. These just seem wrong.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I'm pretty sure the actual city of Houston (don't know about clear lake) is getting rid of all their red light cameras

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

All the ones here in Greensboro were forced to shut down do to the fact the money wasnt going to the schools like the law dictated. Plus it was so easy to get out of them that it wasnt even funny. Just ask them to prove that you were driving and they would drop it since they couldnt.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    All the ones here in Greensboro were forced to shut down do to the fact the money wasnt going to the schools like the law dictated. Plus it was so easy to get out of them that it wasnt even funny. Just ask them to prove that you were driving and they would drop it since they couldnt.
    i don't know how asking them to prove who was driving would make a difference. They go on registered owner. Seems like nobody would ever have to pay parking tickets again if that was the case.

I didn't think the red light tickets would go against you on your driving record tho.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

we just voted to rid of them in college station

2000 C5 Torch Red

It passed 4-3 here. I talked to one of the city council members when we hosted our national night out who voted yes, and he basically told me he voted yes to kiss ass to a superior. I should've taken his food away...

My biggest problem is I'm trying to look up what exactly article X of the city ordinances are, but nowhere online do they post them.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

It passed 4-3 here. I talked to one of the city council members when we hosted our national night out who voted yes, and he basically told me he voted yes to kiss ass to a superior. I should've taken his food away...

My biggest problem is I'm trying to look up what exactly article X of the city ordinances are, but nowhere online do they post them.
    good luck with interpretation, they word them so you cant comprehend them.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

i don't know how asking them to prove who was driving would make a difference. They go on registered owner. Seems like nobody would ever have to pay parking tickets again if that was the case.

I didn't think the red light tickets would go against you on your driving record tho.

Hey it worked for me when I got one. Was behind a big rig and didnt see the light changing in time. Plus you are allowed to fight the red light camera tickets here. Parking tickets they dont let you fight.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    $75 is that it? It's $361 here plus your insurance goes through the roof. I'm thinking failure to stop only applies to stop signs...just a guess though.
    That's because your state is over regulated and broke..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-21-2009 at 02:13 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Blue
    Dodge Magnum

Solution to red-light cameras: a good target rifle, a box of steel-core match ammo, a rangefinder, and a good 'scope. Maybe try for a thousand-yard patch...

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

There's supposed to be a sign up warning you there's a camera...you might be able to get it thrown out if there isn't one.
    go rip it off in the night

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Right turn doesn't apply at that sort of light because it's obviously only meant to direct traffic for that direction.

Why the fuck would you run a red light?
    In texas if you pull up to a red light, and traffic is clear, you can turn right.

this has been a growing problem because it triggers the cam, and looks like you ran it.

his only defense is it shows his speed as 18, its apparent he didnt just blow it

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Not ture in texas, Running a red light should be "disregarding a traffic control device"

this is not a criminal offense like it would be if an officer stops u, it a civil offense. Pay it....thats cheap and theys how they keep people from fighting them, it cost more to fight it then to pay it.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

I might get fired for telling this but if you only 12 mph threw one it wont trigger the camara

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information