Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Hope they get a nice settlement

Hope the get a nice settlement...

A string of errors on the part of troopers with the Nevada Highway Patrol resulted in a humiliating and frightening experience last year for a couple from Washington cruising down the highway in their classic 1962 Chevy Impala.

Highway Patrol Error Results In Hellish Roadside Experience For Classic Car Owner

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    unfortunate situation....I feel bad for the couple. Mistakes were made but they'll get restitution for it. It was like the perfect storm of mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Navy Blue Metallic

Having been through the same situation with my bird a few yrs ago I can totally feel for them.

Over a 6 month period I kept getting pulled over by our town PD and county sheriff deputies. Each time it seem like it was made up, like they were only stopping me to see if they could find something. 1st 2x's they said my plates were not readable - It was clear as day., Next couple of times they said my plates didn't match up to vehicle description, and then my registration paperwork did match in their system. It was on the 4th time I started questioning them. I even made a special trip to the DMV to confirm my registration was correct in the system. I then took a statement from them to the Local PD. Had them run it in front of me and it confirm they were correct as well. So come the 5th time I was outright pissed. Told the officer I want a supervisor on the scene. He comes out and turned out he was the same one I had dealt with earlier. I asked him how is it possible that he runs it, it shows up fine and when his guys do it, it comes up wrong. Told him this is harassment, I not some 20 yr old street racing and next time I won't be so polite and talk with them, that it will be through a lawyer and a lawsuit. Never got pulled over again.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Having been through the same situation with my bird a few yrs ago I can totally feel for them.

Over a 6 month period I kept getting pulled over by our town PD and county sheriff deputies. Each time it seem like it was made up, like they were only stopping me to see if they could find something. 1st 2x's they said my plates were not readable - It was clear as day., Next couple of times they said my plates didn't match up to vehicle description, and then my registration paperwork did match in their system. It was on the 4th time I started questioning them. I even made a special trip to the DMV to confirm my registration was correct in the system. I then took a statement from them to the Local PD. Had them run it in front of me and it confirm they were correct as well. So come the 5th time I was outright pissed. Told the officer I want a supervisor on the scene. He comes out and turned out he was the same one I had dealt with earlier. I asked him how is it possible that he runs it, it shows up fine and when his guys do it, it comes up wrong. Told him this is harassment, I not some 20 yr old street racing and next time I won't be so polite and talk with them, that it will be through a lawyer and a lawsuit. Never got pulled over again.
    I see you pulled the "L" card. Good move...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I feel so bad for the couple. I support most law enforcement, BUT this situation is completely ridiculous. I would think that maybe 1 of these clowns could have double checked the registration, plates, anything! There was so many thing done wrong here. I hope the couple gets some sort of justice out of this. I also hope they don't just sell the car altogether.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Because my company sell electronics we track all the serial numbers. Now if we are dealing with stolen product we have to re-key it multiple times. Our system doesn't allow copy and paste for this very reason. I would think they would want to run it a couple times or more to verify this for the same reason to prevent mistakes like this. But that would be the smart correct thing to do.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

I used to be a police officer. At some point a light should have went off in their (Hwy Patrol) minds -*something doesn't seem right about this*. Double check the information you're sending dispatch....

Navy Blue Metallic

Will that's just it. They did, one trooper on the video even said they needed to recheck this because they (the owners) didn't fit the profile of car thieves and their stories were identical. It seems someone made the call to run them through the system anyways. Also I know when I was a paramedic we had to administer care for ppl being held in our local LEO's holding cells, and even transport to the hospital if need be. Them not giving him his prescribed medications could have been life threatening. He should have been seen by medical personal to determine if the meds should have been administer. Most LEO's have 1st responder training, but very and I mean very few have Paramedic or higher training to make a call on if a person needs their meds or not.

Yea, common sense failed to take the upper hand in this situation.

Thread Information