Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Red
    1979 MALIBU, SBC T56.

Honest opinion on new camaro

O.K. We've all seen numerous pictures of the next gen camaro. I do see some styling cues that are very reminiscent of the older 1st gen cars. Especially the 69. We saw some great shots of it in TRANSFORMERS, even though it was an 04 GTO that had the body cut away and some very talented people applied composite panels over the shell to make it look like a new CAMARO. Do you really think GM would let a movie studio risk damaging one of only two(at the time) prototypes? Anyway, I really think the new Challenger and Rustang look more like their older counterparts than the Camaro does. And until I see a new Camaro in person, I will remain unimpressed. It looks good, but I think GM missed it.

RED
    2001 m6 CAMARO SS-SLP

i do not like the new camaro like our ls1 cars(camaro or ta)

we have to see it in person first
    2001 camaro ss m6 slp options
    slp loud mouth - k&n filter-SLP LID

WE have to fight off a new breed of ricers

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

I think it resembles a 1st gen exactly as much as the new stangs look like the older models...

In a word.... "sorta"

But I on the other hand, think that the new new look of the camaros is pure fucking sex

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

i think i want to give it a look see and sit in it atleast before i say i dont like it.....hell i may get one.....

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

i think the great thing about this camaro is it is so new and advanced over the challenger and mustang. although i have yet to see the new camaro in person, the interior (via pics) looks way better than the mustang and challenger (which i have seen both in person). Did you really want an exact replica of the 69 camaro? it does suck that there isn't a Z28 package, but that may come in time....if the camaro survives. but, like ppl have mentioned, we'll just have to wait until we see it in person until we can make that final decision, Did GM hit the mark?

for what GM is offering, and some have rumored base SS MSRP for around a hair under $30k, i think by far, it meets my expectations.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

it looks stupid.... i hate the retro trend... it's a fat ass pig... it's over all height is to high... it looks like it rolloed over and the roof crushed in... the camaro need the little bit of curves back that the last gen had...

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    it looks stupid.... i hate the retro trend... it's a fat ass pig... it's over all height is to high... it looks like it rolloed over and the roof crushed in... the camaro need the little bit of curves back that the last gen had...
    true. the 4th gen cars was the closest the F body ever has been to being like the corvette. sleak design, mid-engine, low profile, and basically the LS1....which probably cut into Corvette sells a bit. that's probably why GM created such a heavy, huge car. GM probably wanted a clear separation between the camaro and corvette.

Didn't Holden design the new camaro? the same company who designed the Monaro/GTO.

Don't like them, give me a 4th gen anyday.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by gd1996 View Post
    Don't like them, give me a 4th gen anyday.
    well, when you have an Late 4th Gen Trans Am... what other car looks better by design? It's just too ridiculously cheap for a car this beautiful!!!!!

hate the new look, gd1996

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

I think it's beautiful, even if it's almost another retro- interpretation of the first generation f-body, but I say almost as it looks more like a genuine new design and not as a modern copy of the sixties-design, at least not to the extent as a Mustang or the new Challenger. I just wonder why GM didn't try to do something totally different: they could have given a total new interpretation of the 4th generation design, without cutting into Corvette sales, and they could have further developed that sleak, clean design...
    The car looks huge, tall and very heavy...I wonder if it's really going to be that heavy (I mean as heavy as the Challenger), does anyone already have the specs of the car?
    Last edited by Popeye1970; 09-27-2008 at 08:27 AM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    true. the 4th gen cars was the closest the F body ever has been to being like the corvette. sleak design, mid-engine, low profile, and basically the LS1....which probably cut into Corvette sells a bit. that's probably why GM created such a heavy, huge car. GM probably wanted a clear separation between the camaro and corvette.

Didn't Holden design the new camaro? the same company who designed the Monaro/GTO.
    no... gm advertised the f-bods at a lower HP number even thought they produced the same... that kept teh vette sales up... besides... when you want a vette you won't settle for anything else...

the early 3rd gens looked more like the c4 vette than the 4th gens did with the c5...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

no... gm advertised the f-bods at a lower HP number even thought they produced the same... that kept teh vette sales up... besides... when you want a vette you won't settle for anything else...

the early 3rd gens looked more like the c4 vette than the 4th gens did with the c5...
    why they are so heavy and why gm discontinued them wasn't due to sales reasons... it was because of safty standards... gm had design problems...

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I agree with this statement. My 89 Firebird looked a LOT like the C4 vette, especially the nose section. Long, raked out hood, fenders that bubbled up slightly higher than the hood (a-la stingray style, to a point).

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

why they are so heavy and why gm discontinued them wasn't due to sales reasons... it was because of safty standards... gm had design problems...
    well, hopefully these cars can lose weight easily. i guess the rear independent suspension isn't helping with the weight issue and stacked up on 20's isn't helping with the height.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    well, when you have an Late 4th Gen Trans Am... what other car looks better by design? It's just too ridiculously cheap for a car this beautiful!!!!!

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I agree with this statement. My 89 Firebird looked a LOT like the C4 vette, especially the nose section. Long, raked out hood, fenders that bubbled up slightly higher than the hood (a-la stingray style, to a point).
    yeah, Spaz made a great point there that i didn't even think about. even then....the firebird was better looking than the vette... haha.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Its a shame, I actually LIKE the C4, but its a lot like the third gen Fbodys, they were demoted to white-trash status very quickly.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Its a shame, I actually LIKE the C4, but its a lot like the third gen Fbodys, they were demoted to white-trash status very quickly.
    exactly... the reason is they had damned good HP at the time and were very affordable...

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

You can pick up C4 vettes cheap, They run 5-8k for a decent car around here.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information