Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Question Home restoration guys...................

i'm Looking at this mini mansion, I'm wonder based on the damage you see in the pics how much would it cost to fix this place up.

http://www.teamadvantage1.com/Listin...tingID=1487942

Black
    99 SS

well that depends on what you want to do and how you want to go about things man.

Black
    99 SS

it wont come up on mine, but can you post pics i can help you out man

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Looks like lots of water damage and very outdated for some reason. Outside looks new, inside looks like it 100 years old. You need a good inpector to go out there and look deeper into some of these problems that may or may not be a big issue. Who knows how bad some of that water damage is.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Loaded question bro like Hipo said, the front nearly looks like a new design but theres some possible water damage MOLD issues! Thats the kind of thing you want professionally inspected. You got mold and its bad enough, people have had to knock down walls and entire houses over that shit if the wall supports the house. Then theres the standard things home inspectors look at like termites, the strength of the foundation, whether the house is tipping etc. The entire inside/kitchen and decorating needs to be remodeled and thats totally dependant on all the decorating and appliances you pick. So you could be looking at THOUSANDS to fix. Before you would even bother, have the place inspected by someone professional. Who knows whats hiding in there

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    it wont come up on mine, but can you post pics i can help you out man
    boner you got a pm man

Black
    99 SS

if its as bad as they are saying i would say well over 100k, if you have mold issues then it needs to be taken care of then after that. address what is causing the mold and then fix that issue. next is the furnace up to par? is the electric up to par? plumbing? im taking classes to be a proffessional home inspector, i do it now for the gov't on gov't housing. but no way to tell untill you get into the project.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Just looked at the vid. what caused all the water damage? Roof leak or water pipes? Thats where i would start i dont know the prices of material and how you want to renovate or just fix damage. Roof leaks can be expensive to fix or they can be something as minor as a couple of missing shingles. The eves would be pretty cheap assuming that the wood underneath the soffit is still good, if its not way more $$$ the windows also look like they are the originals or they havent been replaced in a really long time. those can be pretty pricey too. Now for the interior if you hire a contractor to do the sheet rock (assuming its sheetrock and not plaster) I dont know what they charge in Chicago but around here your lookn at about 50$ per 32 sq ft unpainted just mud and tape i think. But since the damage was caused by water its hard telling if there is mold behind the rock in the studs or anything like that. If there is mold in the sheetrock do yourself a favor and remove it. Less possibility for it showing back up or even worse making you sick. I know your looking for numbers but those are going to be hard to come by without knowing a little more about the house. One thing i would do if i was in your shoes is ask for an inspection from a building inspector. and have them check out if the roof is in good shape or if the windows are leaking what kind of condition the pluming is in stuff like that. Hope my babbling helps a little.

Black
    99 SS

also the boiler systems heat the house very good but most homes from that era are completely void of insulation which will drive up that costs replacing the windows would be pointless because of the high cost of new windows and the saving to investment wouuld not be worth it man. the water damage is most likely caused from the roof, or the gutters backing up and overflowing back into the house behind the fachia board.

but honestly you just cant tell untill you get into the project, id say go for it for the price man, seems like a killer deal, but if it has the original wiring
    (knob and tube) i would get the electric updated.going to run anywhere from 5-10k

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    also the boiler systems heat the house very good but most homes from that era are completely void of insulation which will drive up that costs replacing the windows would be pointless because of the high cost of new windows and the saving to investment wouuld not be worth it man. the water damage is most likely caused from the roof, or the gutters backing up and overflowing back into the house behind the fachia board.

but honestly you just cant tell untill you get into the project, id say go for it for the price man, seems like a killer deal, but if it has the original wiring
    (knob and tube) i would get the electric updated.going to run anywhere from 5-10k
    Well I can get the house for about 25k......................

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

water damage is a bitch. Mold and rotting wood would be a huge problem. Looks like it needs a new roof. That can be around 25-30K for a house that big. Needs updated appliances, new flooring, my guess would be 100K+ depending on how much work you do yourself.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    Well I can get the house for about 25k......................
    that's fucking cheap.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Looks like lots of water damage and very outdated for some reason. Outside looks new, inside looks like it 100 years old. You need a good inpector to go out there and look deeper into some of these problems that may or may not be a big issue. Who knows how bad some of that water damage is.
    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Loaded question bro like Hipo said, the front nearly looks like a new design but theres some possible water damage MOLD issues! Thats the kind of thing you want professionally inspected. You got mold and its bad enough, people have had to knock down walls and entire houses over that shit if the wall supports the house. Then theres the standard things home inspectors look at like termites, the strength of the foundation, whether the house is tipping etc. The entire inside/kitchen and decorating needs to be remodeled and thats totally dependant on all the decorating and appliances you pick. So you could be looking at THOUSANDS to fix. Before you would even bother, have the place inspected by someone professional. Who knows whats hiding in there
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_ws6_00 View Post
    Just looked at the vid. what caused all the water damage? Roof leak or water pipes? Thats where i would start i dont know the prices of material and how you want to renovate or just fix damage. Roof leaks can be expensive to fix or they can be something as minor as a couple of missing shingles. The eves would be pretty cheap assuming that the wood underneath the soffit is still good, if its not way more $$$ the windows also look like they are the originals or they havent been replaced in a really long time. those can be pretty pricey too. Now for the interior if you hire a contractor to do the sheet rock (assuming its sheetrock and not plaster) I dont know what they charge in Chicago but around here your lookn at about 50$ per 32 sq ft unpainted just mud and tape i think. But since the damage was caused by water its hard telling if there is mold behind the rock in the studs or anything like that. If there is mold in the sheetrock do yourself a favor and remove it. Less possibility for it showing back up or even worse making you sick. I know your looking for numbers but those are going to be hard to come by without knowing a little more about the house. One thing i would do if i was in your shoes is ask for an inspection from a building inspector. and have them check out if the roof is in good shape or if the windows are leaking what kind of condition the pluming is in stuff like that. Hope my babbling helps a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    water damage is a bitch. Mold and rotting wood would be a huge problem. Looks like it needs a new roof. That can be around 25-30K for a house that big. Needs updated appliances, new flooring, my guess would be 100K+ depending on how much work you do yourself.
    Thanks alot for the info guys I will have to look further into these issues.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    that's fucking cheap.
    Yeah man that garage is mesmersing lol

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    True indeed. My former best friend and I were in the process of remodeling his house as a favor to his wife. Man, we tore that house up. Refloored the master bedroom, living room/dining room combo, blew through the closet in the maaster bedroom to gain access to the rest of the upper level, repainted the master bedroom, kid's bedroom, kitchen and the den. And we cleaned the swimming pool. Talk about me being "worn out". I ceased contact because his wife kept cluttering up the house. Refurbishing homes can be a rewarding yet tedious task.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Poor black man my ass......

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

The wood work is just beautiful

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Definetly check where that ivy is. Ivy is very destructive and will break apart the mortar joints on the brick. some of the water damage is probably leaking pipes. Being that old it probably has galvanized pipe which is rotted in spots. Plan on redoing most of the plumbing. What type of heat? The electric could be updated too. Soffits could use work and new gutters also. Lots of plaster in the house too but some looks to be in good shape. Might even have asbestos around too. That costs a lot to have removed. As said already very little if any insulation. For the price it might be good. Could be a money pit though. Have an inspection done then you could get a better idea of the cost. For that price you couldn't even by a piece of property here.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

You can pick up foreclosed homes in Detroit for dirt cheap. 25 grand and less is very common. My boss just bought his daughter a home for 21 grand. Pretty decent house too.

Now, if only I wanted to live in Detroit.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

House was built in 1915......Unless you have alot of jack, pass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information