Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 WS6

Home entertainment gurus

Hey guys I need some help. I recently got a flatscreen LG TV. I went to this from a 15 year old big screen, or what was considered big back then. Anyway, on the old tv, I had like 3 or 4 audio/video outlets, and one for just an audio outlet, so i could connect it to my radio/ speakers for surround sound. This new tv only has 2 audio video outlets. I like having more so i can hook up the ps2/ps3 and dvd player. Is there something I can buy that will allow me to run more equipment? AND have my surround sound?

Black
    2001 WS6

i basically need something to add more outlets so i can hook more things up like my ps2/ ps3, dvd player, ect. like a port

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I hope you meant inputs

Black
    2001 WS6

yea sorry. On the old tv i had like 3 or 4 sets of inputs, and a seperate one for the audio output so i could hook up my speakers for surround sound

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

It should have HDMI and some RCA's inputs. and even maybe one fiber input.

If you have surround sound, your receiver may be able to switch audio/video

Black
    2001 WS6

I have no idea what that means. im lucky i was able to hook everything up in the beginning. the new tv had hdmi inputs n whatnot, but the radio is like 30 something years old, so its just got the red and white wires to go into the tv audio out

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3312963

There are a lot of options to go with that is just one example at a store I'm sure you have within a 20 min drive from your home.

Black
    2001 WS6

ok but does that have the additional red/yellow/white input holes on it for the other devices?

Black
    2001 WS6

and i want to make sure that i can have the speakers on at the same time as a movie, and not have to switch from one to the other

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

Typically RCA (Red/Yellow/White) connectors are the only one on those switches especially the cheaper one. And yes it should have a set of RCA INPUTS for each in with one RCA OUT. The idea is you just push a button to switch inputs.

Black
    2001 WS6

but i also need an audio output for my speaker system as well, and the ability to have the speakers on for each application (dvd, ps3, ect)

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

i had the same thing as the pic is showing with it i had xb360,ps2,xb,jvc stereo all hooked into it and could watch movies on the xb and listen to them through the stereo.

it will work for what you are asking.

Also your speakers hook to you stereo with regular speaker wires then from the stereo you have RCA input jacks plug Red/White run these to the audio outputs on that junction box problem solved

Black
    2001 WS6

on the junction box on the walmart link? and that'll allow me to have the speakers on all the time? so i can run them with the dvd player and ps3 n whatnot?

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

yeah that one and if they dont have it there try best buy or other places like that

the one that is pictured i think has 4 Audio/ video inputs and one audio output oh and you mite want to think about updating your stereo equipment lol

Black
    2001 WS6

lol thanks for the help. the stereo works great, i love it its flawless for listening to the radio and with my old tv. i just need to get around this new technology. So with that box i just push whatever button for what i want to use, and i will have the aux. speakers for all of them

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

yeah that sums it up but be sure to talk to a sales person while you are there to ensure you get the right stuff those things are pretty cheap now to

Black
    99 Z-28

You could use a number of ways to connect certain components. I use hdmi for cable and DVD, componet cables for a wii and apple tv RCA for my ps2. A digital audio cable for the surround sound. I swooped up on a bunch of cables when circuit city was going out of business. Everyone was going for the packaged goods. I started ripping down displays and pulling cables. I filled a shopping cart with over $1000 of cables and distribution amps. I offered the manager $100 for everything.

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

I have an old Pioneer receiver that I used to route everything through, including video. If I wanted to switch from PS2 to my pc I would hit a button. It had inputs names like cd/tape1/tape2/tv/..... I had them memorized as far as which was which. Worked great I called it my media shrine. That before marriage and moving. I'll have it back up some day though.

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

Quote Originally Posted by walterchang View Post
    You could use a number of ways to connect certain components. I use hdmi for cable and DVD, componet cables for a wii and apple tv RCA for my ps2. A digital audio cable for the surround sound. I swooped up on a bunch of cables when circuit city was going out of business. Everyone was going for the packaged goods. I started ripping down displays and pulling cables. I filled a shopping cart with over $1000 of cables and distribution amps. I offered the manager $100 for everything.
    Wish I thought of that lol.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

i cant use my surround sound system because the DVR is running on the same freq WTF and everytime i turnup the volume or power it off or on the damn surround kicks on or turns up hate it.

but i also went the HDMI set up their nice with less cables to run but at 40 dollars a pop can get kind of expensive depending on how many things you have to hook up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information