Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Holy chit he did it

BOY WONDER AKA oBAMA just issued the first deep water drilling permit for the gulf. way to go guy gas over 3 bucks before he issues one just wait and see how he reacts when its 4 bucks dip chit

mystic
    95 LS, yes it says LS

I vote for Alaska!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

now if we can just get the refineries to process the oil in to fuel we'll be set...

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

HEY...it won't have an impact...

...you know...just saying since the rise in the cost of gasoline at the pump isn't really a correlation with the cost of crude. crude is at $100 per barrel right now...give or take. it has been there before and even with the cost of inflation added in gasoline didn't cost as much as it does currently.

what is driving gasoline prices up right now is crude market speculation in the middle east and north africa. what is happening in egypt? what is about to happen in libya? will there be an uprising in iran in the near fuure? what will happen by the end of 2011 in iraq when we pull our troops out? fear of the unknown from these and other questions (especially revolving around the muslim world uprisings against authoritarian yet stable governments) are what is causing the price increase. even if we were able to pump the same quantity of oil out of offshore platforms that we have lost from overseas suppliers the cost of gasoline would not appreciably decrease. it's about speculation not supply.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Do you guys know how much oil we drill that is sent overseas?? I mean hell we could already support our own needs if we kept our own stuff and said fuck everyone else. we have Alaska,Texas,and the Gulf, plus I think places in the NW states. Not to mention if natural gas is so pleantiful (not referring to Spaz's type) why can't there be a car engine that runs off that?

I tell you why, the fucking trade agreements,greed,and many other fucked up reasons!

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post

...you know...just saying since the rise in the cost of gasoline at the pump isn't really a correlation with the cost of crude. crude is at $100 per barrel right now...give or take. it has been there before and even with the cost of inflation added in gasoline didn't cost as much as it does currently.

what is driving gasoline prices up right now is crude market speculation in the middle east and north africa. what is happening in egypt? what is about to happen in libya? will there be an uprising in iran in the near fuure? what will happen by the end of 2011 in iraq when we pull our troops out? fear of the unknown from these and other questions (especially revolving around the muslim world uprisings against authoritarian yet stable governments) are what is causing the price increase. even if we were able to pump the same quantity of oil out of offshore platforms that we have lost from overseas suppliers the cost of gasoline would not appreciably decrease. it's about speculation not supply.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I couldn't agree with you more. It's really no different then how the stock market reacts to an occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    Do you guys know how much oil we drill that is sent overseas?? I mean hell we could already support our own needs if we kept our own stuff and said fuck everyone else. we have Alaska,Texas,and the Gulf, plus I think places in the NW states. Not to mention if natural gas is so pleantiful (not referring to Spaz's type) why can't there be a car engine that runs off that?

I tell you why, the fucking trade agreements,greed,and many other fucked up reasons!
    there are a lot of things that we could do if we had a government that cared enough. best example i can think of is brazil. they are 100% energy independent when it comes to transportation. now granted they still use a blended fuel system...but they are continually upping the use of ethanol in the blend every few years while reducing the percentage of oil in the blend. over time this will lead them to be non-reliant on fossil fuels for transportation which i find to be absolutely amazing.

the process is also incredible. the article in there talks about how sugar cane is a better source of ethanol than corn because its cheaper to produce and it has a greater ethanol capacity. the chart on there is also incredible comparing corn and sugar cane. you can easily see that sugar cane is the ethanol route we should be utilizing here...but unfortunately the ag industry in the corn producing states has its fingers so far up the asses of the political elites in washington that that isn't likely to happen any time soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel_in_Brazil

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    Not to mention if natural gas is so pleantiful (not referring to Spaz's type) why can't there be a car engine that runs off that?

There are cars that run off natural gas. The CNG Cavalier used natural gas.

Currently I think we produce about 9-10 million barrels a day and the US consumes 19-20 million. One oil rig wont affect our prices at all. It will take a much larger action to bring them back down.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Elections are comming.... Only reason for it....

Only dumbasses would believe it will help anything but him..

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Elections are comming.... Only reason for it....

Only dumbasses would believe it will help anything but him..

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Now when gas hit $3 with Bush the liberal media was screaming like 12 year old girls at a Hannah Montana concert. He is just getting all his oil buddies rich.
    With Obama they are so quiet you could hear a mouse fart in Texas Stadium. Hypocritical bastards.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Obama doesn't issue drilling permits. Drillers had to meet new safety requirements etc. to get permits. Alot just moved to south america and europe. I'll be working on a drill ship in the gulf if all goes well in a few years

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Obama doesn't issue drilling permits. Drillers had to meet new safety requirements etc. to get permits. Alot just moved to south america and europe. I'll be working on a drill ship in the gulf if all goes well in a few years
    i know he doesn't "issue" them but he is the puppet master and all his dumb ass appointees do as he says. he says do or don't do something they do what daddy says. congrats on gettin back to work a bud of mine that works on top drives was out of work for bout 4 months after the deep water horizon then his company switched over to northern N. gas drillin and he's been up north ever since lol about all the snow lol

Impounded
    gmcheviac

not getting back, getting to a job. Maritime academy-> boat. I'm a kid. Finding a shitty minimum wage job around here sucks though.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

My buddies dad was a medic on the oil rig that blew up, he was let go from his job a few weeks before that happend last year. It's pretty cool from some of the stories he has told me about working on them.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Just about every male in my family is in the business

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Just about every male in my family is in the business
    I'm finishing out college, going military for 4 years and plan on ending up doing the same thing

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I'm going for marine engineering, rather than petroleum, for an added margin of safety. 100% job placement to date at tamug for that degree

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

I'm going for marine engineering, rather than petroleum, for an added margin of safety. 100% job placement to date at tamug for that degree
    plus petrol engineering is HARD, probably the hardest degree to get next to chemical or nuclear engineering. you have to be primed in childhood to take on that courseload.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information