Thread: Hmmmm!!!

Pewter
    '00 SS

Hmmmm!!!

I don't know what to do about my Camaro...I have it for sale because of a pending divorce/custody/credit card debt, but things have, in the past couple days, changed around.

I was not going to fight her for custody but she was in, and still is in, a financial bind and had to let me have the boys. I have had the boys with me since January (separated in June, I had them in August-late September also), and I dont want to bounce them back and forth. Also, they are established here and I have a great support system (family) which she does not. She got the papers saying I want to fight for custody and called me crying. I honestly thought it would be a huge deal but it wasnt. She agrees that, with me is a better place for them.

NOW......the question is, do I sell my car to get rid of my credit card debt (a little less than 10 grand), or keep it and chip away my credit card debt? I pay monthly so it is not at a collection agency but I have a high interest rate.

Any other options and ALL suggestions are welcome.
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Well if you're able to keep making payments I'd try to hang on to it. You could always try sell it later if you have too.

Pewter
    '00 SS

A part of me wants to be crazy and get a loan to do what I wanna do with car and pay off the credit cards

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

can you do so with the kids and a divorce?

Pewter
    '00 SS

The divorce is almost done. Her and I talked and she will pay me child support and all that.

A loan is probably not the smartest choice, nor would I do it, just that itch again

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Doesn't sound smart to me to put yourself into more debt with a loan yes it would be paying off your credit card but you would still owe the money but in monthly payments. I would pay off the card first and then do what you want. It would not be wise to end up in more debt when you have kids to think of. Just my. 02 hope everything works out for you.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Pewter
    '00 SS

I would not get the loan AT ALL. It's just that itch

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

What's up with your ex-wife not wanting the kids? That goes against every instinct a woman has and is just weird. Not that men doing it is any better it's just we don't have the same maternal instinct women have.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Not gonna read into like that. I have no harsh words against her

red
    95 Z28

Sell it. It's just a car. Another car will come along in the future when you're in a better place financially. Pay off your credit card debt, that way you can build up a decent savings safety net in case anything comes up with the divorce or your kids, both of which are more important than the car.

Pewter
    '00 SS

I think you may be right. Thanks!

Thread Information