2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Hidden UK "Mail Rail" explored

http://www.silentuk.com/?p=2792.
    That's pretty cool. I've heard of people going through similar stuff to get into old abandoned military bases to explore them. I wish I had the free time and the resources to do something like this (that's the history major geek in me talking, lol).

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Cool stuff. Have to sit down and read it all. Check out Cities of the Underworld on History. Some interesting things on there.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I read the page. Pretty interesting to just abandon it like that, going to such extremes as to actually use concrete to seal the entrances. Only reason I can figure is because the rail runs under operating sort stations, and mail is serious business.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Anything about military bases are rediculous anyway, since I am in the military and have only seen parts of a minute amount of bases. But that would be pretty cool to go and explore abandoned bases like that!!

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Knight, do you have a metal detector? if not pick up one and do some research. Your in SC there has been alot of civil war battles there. No telling what you will find at old battle sites . That should keep the History Major in you happy.

Soon as I can I am going to pick a metal detector up. I am planning on using it on the beaches (because all the women wear more jewelry than MR T) and other places. The beach finds may be used for funding and I may find some cool historical relics in other places seeing that alot of the reveloutionary war was up here.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    Knight, do you have a metal detector? if not pick up one and do some research. Your in SC there has been alot of civil war battles there. No telling what you will find at old battle sites . That should keep the History Major in you happy.

Soon as I can I am going to pick a metal detector up. I am planning on using it on the beaches (because all the women wear more jewelry than MR T) and other places. The beach finds may be used for funding and I may find some cool historical relics in other places seeing that alot of the reveloutionary war was up here.
    I would, but it's just so overdone here. All the old Civil War re-enactor guys do it. I'm more of a WWII and Cold War kinda guy, lol.

Thread Information