Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

blue
    1999 TransAm

Here's a real "way to go GM" thread for ya....

So, the CEO of GM thinks we should be paying more $ for gasoline...

...says the .gov should raise the gas tax..

...also hints that the current stock price would result in american taxpayers being shafted some $12,000,000,000 (that's 12 billion) should the .gov divest.

...this guy also says the the debt ceiling should be raised, and he is a "colin-powell republican" <barf> last time i checked colin powell endorsed a demorat.

Source:
    http://detnews.com/article/20110607/...368/1148/rss25

"You know what I'd rather have them do — this will make my Republican friends puke — as gas is going to go down here now, we ought to just slap a 50-cent or a dollar tax on a gallon of gas," Akerson said.
    At the current stock price, U.S. taxpayers would be out more than $12 billion on GM's bailout. Still, Akerson believes that, in the end, taxpayers will see the government made the right call in saving the automaker, as well as crosstown rival Chrysler.

"We are in the midst of transforming an iconic American company so 20 and 30 years from now (taxpayers) will look at this company and they'll say, 'Absolutely it was the right thing to do,'" Akerson said. "And it shouldn't be measured on did it sell for $43 or $53 (a share) or did they lose a couple billion dollars?"
    In his interview with The News, Akerson also weighed in on the nation's debt ceiling, saying Congress should raise it from its current $14.3 trillion mark. The government could default on its debt on Aug. 2.

"We're too good a nation to let ourselves be a banana republic," Akerson said, warning that a default would be "unimaginable" and could hurt auto sales
    Akerson, who describes himself as "a Colin Powell Republican — not a Sarah Palin Republican" — said President Barack Obama has "done a pretty good job on the economy," which, he said, was "a nightmare.
    ...funny how the ceo of a gubm't run failed corporation now sees fit to spew economic and political advice, and tell us not to feel too bad about getting shafted on the whole "investment"...

"way to go"...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

He's a Republican now?!? The turd don't fall to far from the ass I says.
    He's an Odumba liberal, and the bucket of piss they threw on a forest fire..
    Proof possitive how liberals think all Reps/conservatives are idiots and will believe
    anything..

He's the product of the Liberal "think tank" nuff said..

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

I thought it was a bone headed thing to say myself... It was front page news in all our newspapers.. Great way to advertise Jackass!!!

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

This will undoubtedly cause a rush of buyers into GM showrooms.

Well Played!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    This will undoubtedly cause a rush of buyers into GM showrooms.

Well Played!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

colin-powell republican= RINO

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Well played Wiley... I got nothing... Ughhh gm your letting me down

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Fuck GM.

Close the fucking doors.

Everyone is building overpriced motorized hot wheels now. Maybe they should cut the price of all GM vehicles to 1% markup over TRUE cost to manufacture, and then see how many they can sell......

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    Fuck GM.

Close the fucking doors.

Everyone is building overpriced motorized hot wheels now. Maybe they should cut the price of all GM vehicles to 1% markup over TRUE cost to manufacture, and then see how many they can sell......
    I have to say I LOVE your avatar.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I have to say I LOVE your avatar.

there are but 3 ways to fix this wretched government.

1.: Soap box
    2.: Ballot box
    3.: Ammo Box

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

If the ballot box doesn't work I'm going for the ammo box...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Its now solidified that I will NEVER purchase a new GM vehicle. This is just unforgiveable. Fuck em. I'm on the verge of tears every day on how much I feel nickle and dimed for things, everything is so fucking expensive, and this joker wants higher gas prices to cover a shitty government run bailout taking company? Not for nothing, but GM is still building shit vehicles too. Yeah yeah, the interiors are better then they were, but really......Who really wants anything they make other then the trucks and the tiny niche market that is performance vehicles. My point? People dont rush out or consider GM when they think about getting a new passenger car/family car. They go import

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

^This^

I just bought a brand new car 2 weeks ago and didn't even look at a GM model.

No Chrysler products either.

Neither because of the bailouts, but because I perceive their cars to be lower quality than other alternatives for the same $$$.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Sigh im with stanger on this while the whole govt bail out really pushed me away from GM this bullshit seals the deal. As long as that clown is in charge of GM I can say I want no part in buying a new gm vehicle. Hopefully once the govt is out of GM we will get some real car people in charge not some Obama lackys with their heads shoved halfway up his ass. Not holding my breath but until then GM can kiss my ass.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Sigh im with stanger on this while the whole govt bail out really pushed me away from GM this bullshit seals the deal. As long as that clown is in charge of GM I can say I want no part in buying a new gm vehicle. Hopefully once the govt is out of GM we will get some real car people in charge not some Obama lackys with their heads shoved halfway up his ass. Not holding my breath but until then GM can kiss my ass.
    Halfway? I figure he's drowning in digestive juices...

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Meanwhile,down here in so called backwards Alabama,the automotive manufacturer i work for has record sales for the 5th consecutive month! Go Hyundai!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

He is right. If there is a higher tax on gas people will buy more gas efficient cars. Now is not the time for it though. If that was started In the nineties people wouldn't have been raped so hard in 2007 when gas want to four bucks a gallon. Because they wouldn't be driving a huge suv. Car companys were selling what people wanted. Toyota and Honda had fuel efficient cars at the time because gas is more expensive in their home land. And look, their sales skyrocketed because of their fuel efficient cars.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kup98ss View Post
    He is right. If there is a higher tax on gas people will buy more gas efficient cars. Now is not the time for it though. If that was started In the nineties people wouldn't have been raped so hard in 2007 when gas want to four bucks a gallon. Because they wouldn't be driving a huge suv. Car companys were selling what people wanted. Toyota and Honda had fuel efficient cars at the time because gas is more expensive in their home land. And look, their sales skyrocketed because of their fuel efficient cars.
    If gas prices go up so does the cost of almost everything we buy. This is a moronic way of thinking, even more so coming from a company that should be working its ass off and keeping its head down to make us well built cheaper than the competiotion products because we just bailed your ass out. You should not be telling everyone who just saved your ass that you think they should pay more for everything instead of your company having to make the adjustment.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Exactly. I could have gone with a GM car for my new daily, but I went with a Kia and it's a great little car for everyday driving.

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Its now solidified that I will NEVER purchase a new GM vehicle. This is just unforgiveable. Fuck em. I'm on the verge of tears every day on how much I feel nickle and dimed for things, everything is so fucking expensive, and this joker wants higher gas prices to cover a shitty government run bailout taking company? Not for nothing, but GM is still building shit vehicles too. Yeah yeah, the interiors are better then they were, but really......Who really wants anything they make other then the trucks and the tiny niche market that is performance vehicles. My point? People dont rush out or consider GM when they think about getting a new passenger car/family car. They go import

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Yep, Hyundai's making some great cars and they own Kia.

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    Meanwhile,down here in so called backwards Alabama,the automotive manufacturer i work for has record sales for the 5th consecutive month! Go Hyundai!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information