I brought home my buddy's china quad that's his daughter's. He's not getting any spark to it. Pretty sure I have it narrowed down to the coil but not completely sure I've trouble shot that kill wire all the way. I pulled the kill wire out of the plug that goes into the cdi. That should disable the kill switches all at once. Still got no spark. What I'm not sure is if that also rules out any random short to ground on the ignition side. The other thing I'm not completely sure of is what kinda voltage I should see going into the coil. Looked like it was all over the place really. I did see 12.2 for the most part but it would bounce around a lot. I would think as long as I'm seeing 12.2 then I have power going into the coil and should have something coming out to the plug which I don't. I did swap out that cdi with the one off zach's old quad to rule out a bad cdi on his and still had no spark. It almost has to be that coil I would think. Zach's looks a little different than this one but I may try to move it over and see if I can get it to work just to narrow it down further before ordering a coil for it.
So would pulling that kill switch wire from the plug rule out any other random shorts to ground?
Should I see a constant 12v going to that coil while trying to start or will it bounce around?

They have a remote kill box on them that I've had problems with in the past on Zach's but it's unhooked so it's not that. The key switch works and the brake switch works. The one thing I haven't tested yet is the run/kill switch on the handle bar. That will be next I guess....kinda forgot about that until right now.