Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Help Save PONTAIC

Please sign and get as many pple as you know to sign as well.
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/save-pontiac

Let Pontiac die a dignified death with having the Solstice and G8 as there swan song.

There hasn't been a true Pontiac since the early 80s with Pontiac's mighty 301.

20K+ posts in 2004

None
    None

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    Let Pontiac die a dignified death with having the Solstice and G8 as there swan song.

There hasn't been a true Pontiac since the early 80s with Pontiac's mighty 301.
    Yea, because the 301 was so mighty....

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Screw saving them all and their million dollar paychecks.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by mrgto View Post
    Yea, because the 301 was so mighty....
    They had 3rd Gen test cars with the 301 Turbo running and ready for production.

Idiotic management killed the Pontiac motors in 1982, and made the Firebirds go with the corporate 305 V8 from the Z28.

That 301 Turbo, had it been kept, would have been a beast in the 3rd gen Trans Am, and even more so in 1986 when the intercooled turbo 3.8 Buick T-Type/GN technology made it to show room floors.

Could you imagine in 1986, a Trans Am with an intercooled 301 Turbo V8? Neither could GM, they knew that would beat the L98 Corvette by over a second in the quarter mile.

The 2nd Gen Trans Am boasted the 1st Turbo V8 in American car history. What a tradition the Turbo Trans Am could have had.

I hate GM, morons, morons, morons. In 1989, the suits were tricked into releasing an anniversary Trans Am with the 3.8 GN motor, and it was the fastest car released by the company in all of the 80s. It was a real slap in the face to Pontiac enthusiasts, because that car could have existed and been sold in large quantities since 1986.

They even lied about the horsepower output of the 1989 Turbo Trans Am, because the Corvette was supposed to have the highest horsepower rating within the company.

They have always shafted Pontiac for Chevrolet, so now, their idiotic asses will only have Chevrolet. Never has such a large and well-established car company been run into the ground so effectively.

20K+ posts in 2004

None
    None

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    They had 3rd Gen test cars with the 301 Turbo running and ready for production.

Idiotic management killed the Pontiac motors in 1982, and made the Firebirds go with the corporate 305 V8 from the Z28.

That 301 Turbo, had it been kept, would have been a beast in the 3rd gen Trans Am, and even more so in 1986 when the intercooled turbo 3.8 Buick T-Type/GN technology made it to show room floors.

Could you imagine in 1986, a Trans Am with an intercooled 301 Turbo V8? Neither could GM, they knew that would beat the L98 Corvette by over a second in the quarter mile.

The 2nd Gen Trans Am boasted the 1st Turbo V8 in American car history. What a tradition the Turbo Trans Am could have had.

I hate GM, morons, morons, morons. In 1989, the suits were tricked into releasing an anniversary Trans Am with the 3.8 GN motor, and it was the fastest car released by the company in all of the 80s. It was a real slap in the face to Pontiac enthusiasts, because that car could have existed and been sold in large quantities since 1986.

They even lied about the horsepower output of the 1989 Turbo Trans Am, because the Corvette was supposed to have the highest horsepower rating within the company.

They have always shafted Pontiac for Chevrolet, so now, their idiotic asses will only have Chevrolet. Never has such a large and well-established car company been run into the ground so effectively.

The 301 Turbo wasn't a beast in the 2nd Gen cars. Do you know what you're talking about? Do you know anything about Pontiac motors? the 301 and 265 to a lesser extent were POS motors compared to the older Small Journal and large journal engines of the past.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

IF THEY TAKE OUT Pontiac they sure as heck have to take out saaaab and hummer.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

By far my favorite car maker has been Pontiac .. I think that the solstice is all Pontiac but the GTO/G8 is very not .. A Holden with some badges and some body panels does not make a Pontiac ... I thought the G6 was a car that was selling well along with the Grand Prix.. But I guess Pontiacs time has come and gone ... I guess GM thinks it can get by with basically the Chevy brand ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Its pontiac not pontaic lol

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    By far my favorite car maker has been Pontiac .. I think that the solstice is all Pontiac but the GTO/G8 is very not .. A Holden with some badges and some body panels does not make a Pontiac ... I thought the G6 was a car that was selling well along with the Grand Prix.. But I guess Pontiacs time has come and gone ... I guess GM thinks it can get by with basically the Chevy brand ...
    Solstice all Pontiac....not really....the G8/GTO is built ( as you know) on the Holden platform...the Solstice is built on the Kappa platform.....ala Opel. There is no brand name specific nothing anymore....it is all about integration of platforms mostly designed in Europe/Australia...

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I still say they should save it.

300RWHP, 341RWTQ
    1/8 mile 8.32 at 83.97
    1/4 mile 13.049 at 105.24

Nothing special
    Nothing special

If they built better cars, this wouldn't be up for discussion.

Let them die.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post
    If they built better cars, this wouldn't be up for discussion.

Let them die.
    Even though I drive a trans am I kinda agree with that LOL. The only thing that is reliable on a trans am it seems.. is the ls1, which isnt made by Pontiac anyways. Fuckin window motors, cheap ripping leather seats, cupholders breaking off.. AHHHH MADNESS!!

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by mrgto View Post
    The 301 Turbo wasn't a beast in the 2nd Gen cars. Do you know what you're talking about? Do you know anything about Pontiac motors? the 301 and 265 to a lesser extent were POS motors compared to the older Small Journal and large journal engines of the past.
    OH MY GOD!!

2nd Gens weighed a lot more than 3rd gens.

Technology on turbo GM motors was getting better. Compare the 85 Grand National to the intercooled 86 model. You dont really know what I am talking about, obviously.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

All the same anyways....

If they can dump Pontiac and keep afloat...do it.
    They keep Pontiac around and GM goes under?? Depression.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

I wouldnt mind if they die cause I already got what I wanted from them!

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    OH MY GOD!!

2nd Gens weighed a lot more than 3rd gens.

Technology on turbo GM motors was getting better. Compare the 85 Grand National to the intercooled 86 model. You dont really know what I am talking about, obviously.
    The 301 was a bad engine with or without a turbo. It had a bad oiling system and a weak block. If you check any pontiac sites they all do not recommend using one for any performance.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    I wouldnt mind if they die cause I already got what I wanted from them!
    Exactly, what else is coming out from pontiac that we give a shit about ahahah

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Well, I am in a pretty bad mood today anyway. Just saying what post #2 said, that basically Pontiac lost its last exclusive motor when the 301 was killed.

The Firebird line-up was supposed to be an upscale version of the Camaro, and giving them both the same engines in the 80s set the standard for mediocracy for Pontiac.

Had they continued to turbo the top of the line Trans Am throughout the 80s, either with the 301 or the Buick 3.8, the cars would have sold better.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Another viewpoint is if Pontiac gets free of GM they will go back to building muscle cars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information