Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sebring Silver
    1999 Camaro Z28

Question Help! Quick ways to cure athletes foot?

What are some effective over the counter treatments for athletes foot? Any know of some home remedies?

Before any responds "wash your feet," I'm in the AF and wear black leather boots 12-14 hours a day, so my feet don't get much of a chance to air out.

I've been using Lotrimin spray for about a week and I thought it was starting to go away, but it's back.

Work..Eat..Sleep..Repeat nut6778's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

Benadryl makes an anti-itch formula. Its in a whitish/clearish bottle with a greenish colored lid. I know Walgreens sells it. It works good. I'm in the same boat. I wear workboots at a minimum of 14 hrs per day. I've had Athletes foot on and off since my Ice Hockey days.

To keep it from re-occuring often, and I know this will start a whole conversation on here, pee on your feet in the shower. I know it sounds gross, but seriously, my old doctor told me to. And your in the shower anyway, just wash with soap afterwards. It works.

Sebring Silver
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by nut6778 View Post
    Benadryl makes an anti-itch formula. Its in a whitish/clearish bottle with a greenish colored lid. I know Walgreens sells it. It works good. I'm in the same boat. I wear workboots at a minimum of 14 hrs per day. I've had Athletes foot on and off since my Ice Hockey days.

To keep it from re-occuring often, and I know this will start a whole conversation on here, pee on your feet in the shower. I know it sounds gross, but seriously, my old doctor told me to. And your in the shower anyway, just wash with soap afterwards. It works.
    Thanks for the advice. I was looking up home remedies and one of them was peeing on your feet. People commented that this worked for them, others said it could make it worse. Some said this is sometimes the cause.

Couple other remedies were; Listerine, peroxide, salt water...

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

peeing on your feet doesn't work. i had athletes foot and toenail fungus for a long time...a few years...the athletes foot would come and go and got bad at points. my dad (WWII paratrooper) told me to pee on my feet. didn't work...didn't do anything in fact.

i also picked up my nasty food condition while i was in the army. damn showers.

at any rate. gold bond your socks and in-between your toes in the morning before you put your boots on. if you get a chance on a lunch break or something...take your boots off for a few minutes and think about reapplying some more gold bond.

when you get out of work go home and wash your feet and let them dry out. try not to wear shoes for a few hours a day...that includes socks...let your feet breath.

if it doesn't improve go and see medical.

oh...and one other thing you can do in the sake of athletes foot. go down and spring for the new ABU's with the suede boots. the suede boots should breath a bit better than the black leather boots which should help some.

what got rid of my athletes foot and toenail fungus...i had to go to the doc and get a prescription for lamisil i believe it is. whatever that drug is that has the commercial with the nasty little dude burrowing under your toenails...that's what i had to take.

good luck.

Home Cure

I hesitate to post this.........Simply because it's a little painful......The best cure i have ever found and the least expensive is Household Bleach.....If you have it bad it's going to hurt like a bitch...........but it was worth it to me. It will cure it in only a couple days and it only cost a couple bucks

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

tough actin tinactin, squirt it in your boots and forget about it.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Better cure it before it goes into your nailbed....you'll really be hating life then.

I finally cured mine that I got from a dude in the barracks and somehow it got into the nailbed of my big toe. Over a 3 years span the nail fell out at least 4 times and got infected several times...Kaiser finally put me on Lamisil after all the BS redtape. They were saying it's cosmetic so it's not covered but with the infections they finally put me on it. That shit is a miracle drug..

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Spray that shit with white powder stuff, then dump a healthy amount of the powder into your socks AND boots everyday. One before you put them on, and again after you take them off. It will take a little while, but that always works for me.

BOOM! Tough actin' Tinactin

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    I hesitate to post this.........Simply because it's a little painful......The best cure i have ever found and the least expensive is Household Bleach.....If you have it bad it's going to hurt like a bitch...........but it was worth it to me. It will cure it in only a couple days and it only cost a couple bucks

This worked well for me... bleach 2wice a day for 3 days... Fungus-->...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Gasoline works also Im sure.

Red
    2001 ws6

epsom salt..... thats my dads answer for everything, sprained your finger? epsom slat, its the italian cure for everything.

NBM
    99 TA

cortizone creme works, also if it gets cut or infected toss some peroxyde on there

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Lamisil is the best OTC product for athletes foot, its the only thing that will knock mine out. If that doesnt resolve it, probably best to go to the doctor and get a prescription to resolve it.

White
    2000 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Gasoline works also Im sure.
    Funny thing is when I was young I' heard my dad made my brother step in paint thinner then cold water. I hear crazy shit works...

Black
    '99 SS

I was having trouble with athlete's foot a little while back. Try getting some new socks, good ones, something that can pull the moisture off your feet. That solved the problem for me.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by RiceEater View Post
    What are some effective over the counter treatments for athletes foot? Any know of some home remedies?

Before any responds "wash your feet," I'm in the AF and wear black leather boots 12-14 hours a day, so my feet don't get much of a chance to air out.

I've been using Lotrimin spray for about a week and I thought it was starting to go away, but it's back.
    tough actin tinactin. TRUST ME, it works! Take care of it now before it becomes a serious problem. I had a very mild case of it and that stuff worked real fast.

Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

Piss on your feet in the shower.. Swear to god it works.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by nut6778 View Post

pee workied for me. Use to have it all through out jr high and some of HS. Someone told me to pee in the shower so I did. Been free since 1994

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

get jock itch,youll forget alls about the atheletes foot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information