Thread: help pls

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

help pls

wifes car a 05 ford five hundred.

Issue: drivers side headlight will not work for the low beam i changed the bulb and it still isnt working i looked at the connector and it looks fine i was wondering if their mite be a fuse blown but the passenger side is still working and wouldnt both lights work off of the same fuse?

Any help would be appreciated.

black
    02 ss camaro

Most cars nowadays have separate fuses for each headlamp...so I'd check the fuses

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

ok ill check that but i cant seem to find where the damn fuse box is on her car anyone know

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by damianj03 View Post
    ok ill check that but i cant seem to find where the damn fuse box is on her car anyone know
    The fuse for the headlamps should be under the hood in the main fuse box.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

ok pulled all of the fuses and swapped a few of the fuses around that have the same amperage and all i found was the right side light goes out when i remove it but i swamped it around and still nothing from the left side

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

ok pulled all of the fuses and swapped a few of the fuses around that have the same amperage and all i found was the right side light goes out when i remove it but i swamped it around and still nothing from the left side
    dude, no offense but what the hell are you doing lol Find the fuse that pertains to the headlamp thats out. Either probe it with a test light or remove that fuse and see if its blown. If its blown replace it. YOU MAY have an electrical problem though. If the fuse is good and the bulb doesnt light you arent getting power or ground, you gotta find out why or pay someone that can figure it out.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

dude i fixed it lol i was looking at the diagram for the fuses to see which ones were wich since the car does not have one on the lid so i had to look it up online i found the fuses and swapped them around with each other to see if it was a blown fuse which in this case it wasnt the issue it ended up being the connector that the bulbs hooks into was pretty corroded and not making contact even with contact greese so i just bent one of the prong connectors on the bulb a lil and it worked sweet thanks to everyone for quick responses it is appreciated

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

dude i fixed it lol i was looking at the diagram for the fuses to see which ones were wich since the car does not have one on the lid so i had to look it up online i found the fuses and swapped them around with each other to see if it was a blown fuse which in this case it wasnt the issue it ended up being the connector that the bulbs hooks into was pretty corroded and not making contact even with contact greese so i just bent one of the prong connectors on the bulb a lil and it worked sweet thanks to everyone for quick responses it is appreciated

Nominated for longest sentence of the year.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

the way i see it it is the introweb and not a official document so no need in punctuation unless i am trying to italicize a point lol but for my next trick i will create the worlds first compound paragraph

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Some connectors will corrode or bend over time. A pick or small screwdriver is a good friend to have.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

glad to hear you fixed it. big relief when its a fuse or just a bad connection then when you have to start tracing wire to look for bad grounds, shorts, short to grounds etc. thats when the fun begins. I've had to gut huge sections of interiors for those reasons.

Thread Information