Pewter
    99 Z/28

Smile Help me with my Biostatistics project!

This project is due monday, I am to conduct a real life experiment in which two variables (related) are chosen by me. I need to conduct a regression analysis of my variables. I have to turn in a least-squares regression line, a scattered plot of the data that includes a fitted regression line, a pearsons corelation coeifficient with an explanation, and a detailed summary the end.

Here's what we need to know;
    simple linear regression- a technique used to explore the nature of the relationship between two continuous random variables. This technique allows us to to investigate the change in one variable called the "response" which corresponds to a given change in the other (known as the explanatory variable.)
    The objective of regression analysis is to predict or estimate the value of the response that is associated with a fixed value of the explanatory variable.

where i need help is finding these variables...the example given concerns the size of infants heads which increase between the ages of 2 and 18 years.
    The change in size of the infants head is the "response" and the age of the child (the given change) is the explanatory variable.

So basically, i'm asking you to throw in some ideas for my variables with evidence that the situation is true. i.e., their example used had 2 givens the age and the average head circumference thanks for the help, sorry but my brain is almost fried for the day and I would at least like to start this tonight.
    Muchos Gracias.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Only varialbe I can offer is that my glass of Dewars was full a half hour ago.
    Now, it's 1/3 full.

But good luck

Pewter
    99 Z/28

LOL your a jerk! jk, i got excited at the fact that

someone actually replied!

But how about this, to find these two variables, I have concluded that I should find a given first, of course surfing ls1.com I thought about mileage vs gas mileage on ls1's. I have the window sticker from when my car was new and it qouted something like 22 miles to the gallon when the engine was new. (explanatory variable). Now, i have 181XXX miles on my car, I surely know that I don't get that anymore, so if I clock my car, i could find the "response" in poor gas mileage. THink that would work?

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

yes I do, because your MPG has changed

Living the Dream LS1FirehawkWS6's Avatar

2000 Trans-Am
    2007 Silverado 2500HD LTZ

How about the corelation between a person's height and bodyweight to B.A.C. (Blood Alcohol Content). I know it's probably been done a thousand times before.... but that means there should be lots of statistics and charts and shit already in existence to use

Living the Dream LS1FirehawkWS6's Avatar

2000 Trans-Am
    2007 Silverado 2500HD LTZ

and whether it's beer, wine, or hard alcahol. If the person's a light drinker, casual drinker or alcoholic... LOL. If you need a guinea pig, I'll give you my stats

Thread Information