Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Header install gone bad....maybe????? not really

So this past Sunday I finally decieded to put in my el cheapo ebay headers. The car has been at my dad's garage since December. I started ripping the car apart at 10 am. Had the radio jamming all alone having a great time. I didn't see my dad pop in till about 1 pm when I screamed god ****ing damn it load enough for him to hear me from inside the house (detached garage) He comes out and realizes I shattered the only 6 point 10mm socket in the garage. He called me a dump ass and sent me off to Sears to swap it out. Came back started working again. I didn't see him again for another hour when he got bored of watching speed channel I guess and helped me jack the car up high enough to remove the manifolds and slip in the headers. I was getting called by the wife to come home b/c we had to go somewhere so I just put the header bolts in just enough to hold them there and left. I told him I would be back on Saturday to finish up. I also said that I would have a lot of stuff showing up during the week from KY SPEED

Ok now fast forward to today. I got a call from my dad says that the first box arrived around 3ish. I was already on the road leaving job 1 on the way to job 2. I told him to open it and he said it was the plugs and wires. I told him that's great I will be over at 8ish to put them in just b/c I can't wait.
    Now I got done my second job at 8 and called my dad to turn on the lights in the garage for me and make sure the heat was still on I was heading over. He tells me don't bother I got bored and put the headers on for you put the coil pack back on plugs in wires on dipstick back in and already started working on the new rear. So I turned around and said ill see you Saturday.

Do I get mad or take it how it is. One minute he curses at me for buying the car b/c its too hard to work on, next thing he finishes the job for me b/c he's bored. Don't get me wrong its cool as hell that he would do that but seriously let me have fun too.

OK enough bitchin just figured a few of you would laugh about my old man and his oddness

He can work on my car if he gets bored again.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

^^

Quit Bitchin'...

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

That's a pretty sweet deal. My dad would put some boxes on the hood if I left my car in his garage.

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

10mm sockets??? Think i use that one the most. can take most of the car apart with that one!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

It's strange I think most of them are like that, My old man used to be a track junky, currently we have a 66charger, and a jensen w/ a 307. When I got my car he could not imagine why I would need a car like that? They have just been there and done that got bored with it and need to get reaquainted. Now check the torgue specs on everything to make sure he didn't screw anything up

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    It's strange I think most of them are like that, My old man used to be a track junky, currently we have a 66charger, and a jensen w/ a 307. When I got my car he could not imagine why I would need a car like that? They have just been there and done that got bored with it and need to get reaquainted. Now check the torgue specs on everything to make sure he didn't screw anything up
    Good call didn't think about that

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    Good call didn't think about that
    1. About being an old forgetful fart
    2. Screwing something up
    on both

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I wish my dad were still alive to do that kinda shit with me. Your problem seems like a pretty good one to have where I'm sitting.

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    when i was in High school i had an 86 Camaro z28. my grandfather hated that car so much. Told me that i should trade it in and get a John Deer tractor??? He kinda liked my Corvette. He Hates my Trans Am. Every time i see him. when are you going to trade in that Trans Am? You never drive it, all it does is sit in the garage. Trucks are cheep now, why don't you get one of them?

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

I have to admit, hes a jack of all trades. good mechanic, better carpenter, an even better plumber. Excellent with gas and oil fired furnaces and water heaters. Not so good with the new cars and fuel injection.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Rob00Taws6 View Post
    when i was in High school i had an 86 Camaro z28. my grandfather hated that car so much. Told me that i should trade it in and get a John Deer tractor??? He kinda liked my Corvette. He Hates my Trans Am. Every time i see him. when are you going to trade in that Trans Am? You never drive it, all it does is sit in the garage. Trucks are cheep now, why don't you get one of them?
    that's how my dad is with my camaro. He was shocked when I bought it and him and all his buddies break my balls about it (all around 60ish) They keep telling me to stop wasting my time and money on that car and go buy a real muscle car. I just found it odd that the one time I actually do a decent size job on the car he actually went and worked on it. It just made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I wish my dad were still alive to do that kinda shit with me. Your problem seems like a pretty good one to have where I'm sitting.
    I know that day will be coming. I try not to think about it at all. I am so happy that everyday that passes my dad and I get closer to each other. We never used to get along when I was growing up but now its great.

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

[QUOTE=02Sweet;1829567]that's how my dad is with my camaro. He was shocked when I bought it and him and all his buddies break my balls about it (all around 60ish) They keep telling me to stop wasting my time and money on that car and go buy a real muscle car. I just found it odd that the one time I actually do a decent size job on the car he actually went and worked on it. It just made me laugh.

I get the same thing! I love the Old Irons, would love to build a big block with that BRUTAL TORQUE, that amazing idle. Simple fact, i cant afford one, and i like what I have.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Yup, my dad works on my car all the time without asking. Its his way of getting the privilege to go beat on it and break it!!

Trans Am owner
    former

hey man......I wish someone would have helped me install my headers.

kinda odd on his part, but I wouldnt question his work. just make sure to do a once over before you fire it up.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Gotta love gearhead dads.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Red
    2001 ws6

My dad says the same shit, he's had just about any car imaginable, from 67 427 vett to a 67 firebird 400 ram air, the list just continues, and he built em all. I got headers and shit for my car and he goes, now what the hell do you need all this shit for. I go, you did the same when u were my age. He goes, "Times were different back then." But today we went out to start her up and all he can do it talk about installing everything haha.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    My dad says the same shit, he's had just about any car imaginable, from 67 427 vett to a 67 firebird 400 ram air, the list just continues, and he built em all. I got headers and shit for my car and he goes, now what the hell do you need all this shit for. I go, you did the same when u were my age. He goes, "Times were different back then." But today we went out to start her up and all he can do it talk about installing everything haha.
    just tell him it's there fault for screwing it up for us.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Gotta love gearhead dads.
    U got that right he called me this morning asking when the rest of the parts were coming b/c he wants to fire it up and beat on it

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    That's a pretty sweet deal. My dad would put some boxes on the hood if I left my car in his garage.
    I get around that buy giving him rent for the garage not much just make sure he never buys beer Saturday morning breakfast and a few bucks every week when he asks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information