View Poll Results: Ever witness an accident?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

53 94.64%
  • No.

3 5.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Artic White
    2001 Camaro SS

Have you ever witnessed an accident?

Not one that you were in, but somebody else right in front of you,or behind you. Did you stay and try to help or keep going?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I pissed myself once. I witnessed that first hand. It was horrible.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I've witnessed several, but they were all minor fender benders so I got the hell out of there.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

lo yeah yester day. this stupid as mexican swerved over amlost hitting me in my f-250. see us and swerves back and hit the lady behind me pretty hard.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i've seen people die right in front of me... guy started to have a heart attack and passed out, went off road in a hit a tree... not a damn thing i could do... i put the car in park cause the guy had it the gas floored and it was shootingdirt and stones all over the place... i called 911... they told me to check for a puls on his wrist... not to move him... a few otheres things that i can't remember... his wife was a fucking mess...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Yes. I've witnessed several (been in a couple too). One of them I saw what was gonna happen before it did. On the way to work a truck started to turn left before (light) traffic cleared. Lady in a Volvo station wagon about 70-80 ft in front of me (I was in the right lane, she was in the left lane) started left to go around the truck and then the truck jerked right (to the truck - left to us). BAM! Head on into each other. The collision caused the rear of the Volvo to jump about 5 feet up. I stopped to render aid to the lady in the Volvo (guy in the truck seemed OK). She was pretty messed up. My guess was that she didn't have her seat belt on as there was a dent in the windshield, her face was bloody and the steering wheel was bent. Almost caused me to heave. She was barely concious and when she started to come to and move about I held her down and made her sit calmly as I could until the cops arrived. What made it worse was that I'd seen the car before on my way to work and although we'd never spoken before it was like I knew her.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I also saw one as a kid where a guy was ejected thru the windshield. I was standing on the corner waiting to cross the street. It was pretty gory.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'm happy I've only seen the minor stuff!

Damn!, I voted wrong! I caused a guy and his pregnant girlfriend in an s2000 to wreck. Now I remembered and I feel really shitty again. Fuck!

It had been raining for just a little while that day and it was about 8pm and still drizzling. The s2000 was in front of me and it was lightly modded w/ exhuast springs and rims. So I figure wth i'll play with him a little. So I am probably in 2nd at around 45mph, and I romp it a couple times. Then he downshifts and takes off and his car is really loud. Well I guess he spun when he downshifted and the car turns right straight into an uphill dirt embankment and a chain link fence, then flips onto its lid so I pull past him about 300ft up the road and stop then run back to ask if he needs help. He crawls out safe but bruised and his GF comes out w/ blood dripping from her head, then I am like "OH KNOW". So he asks if he can borrow my phone to call the ambulance then tells me to take off(after I got my phone back) So I walk back to my car and wait for the ambulance to come.

Sorry for the long read.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

I saw a girl die back in February..

HERE is the thread.

It still shakes me up when I think about it.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I have seen a couple.

When I was 15 and the family was driving to Florida. Everyone was cruising along at about 75 at around 8 in the morning. Some dude must have been driving to long and he feel asleep at the wheel. He crossed 3 lanes and hit the median head on. He wasn't wearing his seat belt, so I could see his whole body go from one side to the other. He wound up putting his head through the passenger window and busting out 3 teeth on a cooler.

All of the other times, I was the one in the accident.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

I've never seen one the instant it happened but have seen the aftermath of a few major ones.

Black
    99 Z-28

I have seen a few and been in a few. I once saw some idiot run a red light and plow into a car making a right hand turn, it was a pretty nasty accident a lot of damage but no injuries. I was the first on the scene of an accident where a dude flipped his explorer, he was unconsious when I pulled up. He did wake up and tell me he was cut off and the guy took off. That guy was really messed up I found his wedding ring in the middle of the street. I have also seen a little kid on a bike get plowed by a vw cabrio. The messed up thing about that accident was the kids parents screaming at him.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

when you see some one die... you are not the same person anymore... it scars you forever... you can never forget it... you can't stop you self from recalling the memory from time to time... it almost drives you insane... it desenceitises you to a point... but not enought that it doesn't still make you sick...

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    when you see some one die... you are not the same person anymore... it scars you forever... you can never forget it... you can't stop you self from recalling the memory from time to time... it almost drives you insane... it desenceitises you to a point... but not enought that it doesn't still make you sick...

I had a person die on me after doing CPR about 8 years ago and I still get upset about it and can feel every bone creaking and popping from the chest compressions...

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Oh yes. Mostly in rush hour traffic. LOL! I saw one accident once that happend RIGHT in front of a cop car. Was hilarous watching someone forget to stop and fender bender someone in the ass right in front of a cop. Get out of that one.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I had a person die on me after doing CPR about 8 years ago and I still get upset about it and can feel every bone creaking and popping from the chest compressions...
    it never goes away... it's something we are stuck with for the rest of our lives... you can recal teh smell in the air... the sounds... every thing...

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Exactly. I know from experience. It litterally drives you insane and clouds your mind at times.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Well if you talking about someone dying and it NOT being an accident then I suppose I have. One Monday night I was driving back from my buddies house and drove past my other buddies house on the way, same neighborhood. All I saw was the volunteer fire fighter trucks and one police car. I knew right away what happened. 100% knew. It fucking sucked.

One week before I was walking in with my best buddy.... we had parking spots right next to each other in high school. I asked him why his wrist was all bandaged up. He said he cut himself working on his Mustang. I really didnt think anything, anything of it at all. Dude cut himself working on his car.

Well I drove by, saw the few cars there, stopped and just looked. Crying to myself for not helping when I obviously was given a chance. Many other blue lights came.

My best friend hung himself from his balcony that night with a garden hose.

His sister found him.

I witnessed him die at the hospital with his sister, mother, family. It fucking ruined me.

When you talk about never forgetting, I understand. Never forget that Monday school night at the hospital. I will never forget that cold morning, walking in with my friend. Asking him about the cut on his wrist. Not helping, when help was clearly needed. I slightly blamed myself. Telling his family that story hurt so intensely. But nothing compared to what they felt Im so sure. Even to this day.

Thats my serious note to this thread.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

yes...my friend crashed his bike and hit a utility pole. i was with him when he died in the ditch and myself and a complete stranger did our best to do cpr to no avail. it still haunts me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information