Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

have you ever heard of wood alcohol blindness?

Aspartame, the artificial sweetner, is 10 percent methanol. Wood alcohol.

it wouldnt be here if it werent for Donald Rumsfeld. Thanks Donald, for the nasty tasting poisonous crap everyone eats. youre the greatest.

In 1981, U.S. President Ronald Reagan appointed as FDA commissioner Arthur Hull Hayes. This appointment proved to be favorable to the approval of aspartame, since the CEO of G.D. Searle, Donald Rumsfeld, the current Secretary of Defense was a good friend of Hayes. Citing data from a single Japanese study that had not been available to the members of the PBOI, Hayes approved aspartame for use in dry goods. [1] In 1983 FDA further approved aspartame for use in carbonated beverages, and for use in other beverages, baked goods, and confections in 1993. In 1996, the FDA removed all restrictions from aspartame allowing it to be used in all foods.

SRT4SC
    What's your point? Are you blind?

I've always been leery of aspartame and other aritcial sweetners. Call me a dirty hippy but its my belief that natural foods are always better. Research has shown that when heated to body temperature levels, the methanol in aspartame converts to formadehyde. Yum... embalming fluid! Yet, this chemical is still common place in our food supply. There are many other practices (injecting beef, pork, and poultry with hormones and antibiotics) that our detrimental to our health that the FDA lets slide. It makes me have to wonder if their main concern is supporting big business or protecting the wellbeing of the people they claim to serve.

More information on aspartame: http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SRT4SC
    What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic
    Aspartame, the artificial sweetner, is 10 percent methanol. Wood alcohol.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I don't like aspertame, either. That said, I drink Coke Zeros, anyway. I also chew sugar-free gum (most of which is aspertamed).

Cancer causing Saccharin is no better either.

Sweeteners to Avoid:

Aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal, Canderel)

Neotame

Sucralose (Splenda)

Acesulfame-K (Sunette, Sweet & Safe, Sweet One)

Cyclamates

Saccharin

Refined Sugar

High Fructose Sweeteners

Leaving for Lackland soon

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

they say moonshine causes blindness.... i can still see...
    2000 Black Camaro Z28 - !Cags, Spec Stage 3 clutch, Drill Mod, Smooth Bellows, High Flow Lid, Free Ram Air Mod, 150 Wet Shot Cold Fusion Nitrous

N/A 333rwhp 340 RWTQ
    N20 476RWHP 493RWT (Finally got it tuned)
    http://www.dakotafbodies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie
    Sweeteners to Avoid:

Aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal, Canderel)

Neotame

Sucralose (Splenda)

Acesulfame-K (Sunette, Sweet & Safe, Sweet One)

Cyclamates

Saccharin

Refined Sugar

High Fructose Sweeteners
    What other sweeteners are there? Honey? Fruit Juice?

Quote Originally Posted by foshizl
    they say moonshine causes blindness.... i can still see...
    The issue is that artical sweetners have more harmful effects than impaired vision. Some have even been linked to certain forms of cancer and are often classified as neurotoxins.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT
    What other sweeteners are there? Honey? Fruit Juice?
    Evaporated Cane Juice

Honey

Fruit Juice

Maple Syrup (Without Added Sugar)

Molasses

Stevia

Rice Syrup

Barley Malt

Vegetable Glycerin

EDIT: There are a few others but I'm not as familiar with their uses.

Black
    2000 WS6

--------> Does NOT cause blindess ...

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    All I drink are diet drinks (2-3 per day) and tap water and my vision is just fine.
    Last edited by FuxOnTheFirstDate; 04-06-2006 at 12:15 PM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

we're all gona die some time... i'm going to eat what ever the hell i want... AHAHAHA!!! and i never get fat!!!!

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Lucky fucker. May your metabolism slow to the slowest level possible so that you end up looking like Michael Moore!!!!!!!!!

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Well, fructose is fruit sugar, so why wouldn't you be getting it from fruit juice?

BOOSTD
    Moderation is the key. Just about everything today has the possibility of killing you. Yes, artificial sweeteners can be dangerous in large amounts or if you are especially sensitive to it. However, I am not going to stop drinking diet coke because of it. I haven't stopped eating beef even though there was a case of mad cow disease in the US. I still clean my house with chemical cleaners even though many contain deadly chemicals. Hell, even excess sunlight causes cancer, but you dont see me hiding in the shade.

Its all about assesing risk vs. quality of life. I would rather live my life being aware of the dangers rather than hiding from them. If I were to avoid every single thing that can/could cause me harm, I would end up sitting in a small dark room for the rest of my life.

Its all about moderation..

BOOSTD

gray
    07 duramax

oh. the moderation argument. Dang I hadnt considered that argument.

oh wait yeah I have it goes something like this:

If I cook with a tablespoon of motor oil a day, I will die, but a teaspoon is just fine, and my quality of life goes up. and plus, motor oil has fewer calories than peanut oil.

that doesnt make sense because motor oil is toxic. maybe small amounts wont kill you, but there are *better tasting* and healthier substitutes. your QOL goes up by not using it.

so let me asses risk vs quality of life real quick. dont use aspartame, drinks taste better and I dont suffer strange health affects of formaldehyde in my body.

No brainer. People who drink the diet cokes have succumbed to marketing. thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic
    oh. the moderation argument. Dang I hadnt considered that argument.

oh wait yeah I have it goes something like this:

If I cook with a tablespoon of motor oil a day, I will die, but a teaspoon is just fine, and my quality of life goes up. and plus, motor oil has fewer calories than peanut oil.

that doesnt make sense because motor oil is toxic. maybe small amounts wont kill you, but there are *better tasting* and healthier substitutes. your QOL goes up by not using it.

so let me asses risk vs quality of life real quick. dont use aspartame, drinks taste better and I dont suffer strange health affects of formaldehyde in my body.

No brainer. People who drink the diet cokes have succumbed to marketing. thats all.
    You're ignoring the negative health effects from non-diet drinks sweetened with sugar and high fructose corn syrup. They lead to tooth decay, obesity, diabetes, and eventualy contribute to heart failure.

gray
    07 duramax

#1 you can exercise and brush your way out of those complications.

what exercise burns up formaldehyde? the bench press or squat thrust? I forget.

#2 The body clearly uses sugar as energy, since our body pretty much runs on sugar and stuff. not so with artificial sweetners, which are pretty much designed to interfere with your metabolism.

#3 tasting the sweetness of sugar prompts your body to release digestive enzymes, expecting to break down sugar in your gut. when nothing shows up, they start to dissolve the mucous (polysaccharide) lining of your stomach. which leads to ulcers.

#4 Soda is just as bad for your teeth as fruit juice. the ohio dental association says its the acid in the soda thaet etches the teeth and allows crevices for bacteria to thrive and form cavities. Diet soda would therefore, according to the ODA, be just as bad as sugar soda because both are washed out of the mouth immediately.

#5 Sugar doesnt lead to diabetes, insulin resistance does, which is caused by the cell walls being constructed of transfats. the insulin cant force sugar through the cell wall as well, and more and more insulin is needed to store high blood sugar levels, which eventually burns the pancreas out.

#6 heart failure...
    Aspartame was at that very moment killing workers in Searle's first Aspartame plant in Phoenix. Even though you are supposed to ingest it by FDA mandate, Aspartame manufacturing plants around the world now protect their employees with face masks and full body protective garments lest their employees come into any contact with the dust! This all started with the death of an employee named Krossic who first passed out from the inhaled dust's toxic effects. His death occurred even after all were made to wear face masks so they couldn't breathe the dust. He absorbed enough through the skin that he died from a toxic cardiomyopathy. The post mortem exam revealed an "alcoholic cardiomyopathy". Jim Krossic was a teetotaler who used NO beverage alcohol!

but you got me all wrong. I agree that sugar is bad too, and if it were invented yesterday and they tried to put it on the market, it would be rejected by FDA standards and not allowed to be sold on the market due to its strange metabolic reactions. its just better for you than aspartame.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information