Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haters?

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans-Am

Haters?

I'm pretty new to having an attention grabbing car, until last fall the closest I ever got was a v6 convertible stang with new paint and that is not exactly a status symbol if the car is 15 years old. So maybe I just had a friggin unlucky day, or maybe I'm not used to jealousy you guys tell me wich.

The gf and I are off to a suburb to see some family for a bbq this afternoon and as soon as we hit the freeway I notice a dodge deisel about 10 cars up, he's slamming on the throttle and pouring black smoke every chance he gets so I set the cruise at the speed limit and hang back to avoid the smoke with the top down. Somehow while still nailing the throttle every two seconds he manages to fall back till he's in front of us and then proceeds to slamm the throttle and brake alternatly to pour as much black smoke back at us as he can............... ok he's an asshole I drop back and give him the appropriate salute when he takes the off-ramp and the day goes on.

On our way out of the yard after dinner I'm backing out onto the street and I'm damn sure nobody's coming before I start to turn and put the road into my blind spot, I'm backing out real slow and I'm all the way out and stopped putiing the car in drive when I hear somebody on the throttle of a V8 and THEN a horn and by me goes a lowered dakota. Fine, another asshole, considering it's 9:00 pm on a suburban street and he's supposed to yeild to me I'm really not getting what he's mad about but fine. I check my mirror and there some lady stopped back there looking at me dumbly so I hit the throttle and take off at wich point she honks at me and gives me the finger....... good fucking greif. Now we're rolling and the dakota is up ahead and I'm just driving normally and he's slowing down and slowing down, dunno what his plan was for sure but he flat out stops in his lane and waits for me to catch up, I see more ignorance coming so I don't fuck around I jump on the gas and pass him, he tried to keep me from passing and couldn't so now he's on my ass and I'm thinking give me a break pal, even if I was at fault (I wasn't) aren't you taking this a little far? He stays there until I turn off at wich point his passenger trys to hit my car with a big gulp (where he got the idea that he'd hit a car moving away from him at 25 miles an hour while travelling 35 in a different direction I don't know, so congrats on tossing your drink out the window buddy).

So, sorry about the long post but tell me something, is this shit normal? I've been driving almost 15 years now, most of them professionally and I've never seen anything like it.
    Last edited by Wheels; 05-09-2008 at 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I don't know what to say. Stop giving folks the 1 finger salute unless you can back it up?

In my experience there is always 2 sides to every story. I'm as guilty as anybody else at giving and receiving bad impressions (read: flipping other drivers off). I'm sure this doesn't happen all the time unless you are deliberately (whether you realize it or not) pissing folks off in some way.

I'd write it off to a bad day.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I don't know what to say. Stop giving folks the 1 finger salute unless you can back it up?

In my experience there is always 2 sides to every story. I'm as guilty as anybody else at giving and receiving bad impressions (read: flipping other drivers off). I'm sure this doesn't happen all the time unless you are deliberately (whether you realize it or not) pissing folks off in some way.

I'd write it off to a bad day.
    Hey, I hear you on the two sides issue, and you're totally right. But I don't go around flipping everybody off, I gave one person the finger and he earned it, the rest of it came with no provocation by me at all. And you're right it doesn't happen everyday, like I said, first time in 15 years or so.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Not an accusation. More like a personal observation of my actions rationalizing your "bad day."

I wish you happy (happier?) motoring in the future.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Not an accusation. More like a personal observation of my actions rationalizing your "bad day."

I wish you happy (happier?) motoring in the future.
    Thanks, sorry I misinterpreted

NBM
    99 TA

Wheels, let me give you some friendly advice from a fellow Albertan.

Every single Dodge diesel truck in AB is driven by an ignorant rig-pig asshole who thinks they are the tits. Ive had several run ins with them. Here is one of my stories:

Once at my old job this kid (18) got a 2007 ram 2500 mega cab diesel. The kid was suffering from penis envy bigtime as he was about 5' nothing and scrawny. He drove this truck by my work going about 60-80k just pinned. Did it about 30 times a day (he worked a few doors down and he would run back and forth from their other shop about a block away on the other side). This truck had about 400 hp and 900 ft/lbs and was louder than all hell. Needless to say everyone was getting aggrivated by this kid.

One time i heard him roll up to the stop sign so i ran out into the street right as he started to punch it. Yelled at him to slow the fuck down and he slammed on his brakes and just about hit me with his mirror, so i smacked it so it folded in. He goes "don't fuckin touch my truck", then revs it up and dumps the clutch... black smoke and rubber in my face. So I am stunned by this kid and as he is peeling away I slammed my fist against the side of his truckbox.

So whatever, i don't think much of it after that and the next day he comes in to my place of work with some big meathead and they demand that i pay for the dent in his truck. I start laughing and telling the kid he was acting like a fuckin idiot and had he not peeled out in front of my almost running me over, i would not have touched his truck. I told him I am not the type of person to ever damage anyones property but he completely deserved it. If I didn't do it, someone else would have. All the mechanics were ready to roll a tire out in front of his truck next time he went by.

To shut the kid up, i told him to get an estimate at dent clinic... which was 200 bucks. I told him I would think about it but I probably wasn't going to do shit because it was his fault.

So he comes in the following monday, and starts asking me on a price for a lift kit for his truck!? I was kind of like... wtf? So i told him I would make a deal with him... I would price him out a lift and I would give him a 200 dollar discount to square up the deal. He agreed, so i got the price on the lift kit, figured out all the labor times etc, added 200 dollars to the price and then subtracted 200 dollars from the price and said "here ya go bud".

So he got his lift installed for full price, he learned a lesson and he never sped by our shop again. haha

wow that was a long ass story... I hope it made sense.

NOW... as for dodge dakota owners lol I own a dakota and trust me... they are not fast. Even the 5.9 R/T model is NOT fast. BUT try to tell that to most guys who own them, they think cuz they have a v8 in a little truck that they are king of the road.

As the years go on, i realize more and more that 99% of drivers in Alberta are complete assholes. If they're not riding your ass, they're yackin on their cellphone drinking starbucks and emailing on their blackberry, while looking at themselves in the rearview mirror thinking to themselves how fucking great they are. I am so close to moving out of this hell hole province. Nobody has any respect for anyone else anymore and the violence and crime is getting rediculous.

Some drunk fuck in calgary ran over 3 people on the sidewalk including a kid in a wheelchair who i think had ms or autism or something, and killed the kid's mother. And this all happened at like 4 in the afternoon. Then the guy took off afterwards. Shit like this doesn't even surprise me anymore and it seems like this kind of stuff happens everyday now.

Im losing my faith in mankind bigtime, and once all this oil money in this city dries up it is only going to get worse.

Sorry for the novel but i want to let you know it has nothing to do with you having a badass car (well.. maybe a little) but it is the fact that people nowadays are just plain Effed up.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Haters???

This thread is for Dan.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Wheels, let me give you some friendly advice from a fellow Albertan.
    dude don't do this lol, you're reminding me of a few stories I could tell of my own, maybe we aughta start a thread ................. "Smashing the Myth of the Polite Canadian"

I had a lady chase me around 7-11 one time screaming about how she was allowed to park in the handicapped spaces too (she had a temporary handicapped parking placard, and I'd politely asked her to move her car not because she was in a handicapped spot, but because she parked on the wheelchair ramp and I wanted to get in) Then when I went to leave I found her parked on the ramp again just sitting there waiting to make sure I couldn't leave. She wouldn't move her car until I started hitting it hard enough to dent the hood, she backed up and against the fence so I parked my chair in front of her car for about 5 minutes and listened to her scream at me, when I felt like we were even and I let her go, she drove off screaming about how she hoped I'd be paralyzed forever........... The sad part is that her little boy was sitting beside her with kind of a confused look on his face learning from his mother exactly how you're supposed to go out and behave in the world.

That's pretty friggin screwed about the drunk driver, call it narrow minded, or whatever you like, but crap like that is why I have no cable, and only own a projector for video games and dvds. I do not want to see/hear/read the news. It only makes me hate people by default a little more each time I hear crap like that. I have a hard enough time staying open while assholes are throwing soft drinks at my car for no reason. I was so mad I was shaking and had this all happened 6 years ago it would have ended with cops and badly bruised faces or worse.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Here in South Texas we all carry a gun. Shoot 'em in the head and drive off next time.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i just follow people to thier house... scares teh fuck out of them... or if they pull over and get out then it's on...

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    dude don't do this lol, you're reminding me of a few stories I could tell of my own, maybe we aughta start a thread ................. "Smashing the Myth of the Polite Canadian".
    hahaha yea well im sure if you come down on the 25th we will have a few things to talk about hahaha. I got a million stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Here in South Texas we all carry a gun. Shoot 'em in the head and drive off next time.
    I often hear alberta referred to as the Texas of Canada (lots of oil $$$ i guess?) but if that were true, we would be allowed to carry guns and there would be alot less problems!

Trust me sarge, if you knew the ppl here.... if we were allowed to carry guns, everyday there would be a massacre of people who were killed by someone defending themself from a road rage asshole.

NBM
    99 TA

Saw this on another local forum today....

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/218326/dr...th-his-truck-/

Originally posted by CK4500
    So last night I was driving home from work. I'm rollin' in my new 2008 Tacoma, that I just had lifted, new wheels, new tires, new grill/headlights, etc. Jackass beside me in an older Chevy starts taunting me, trying to get me to race. I totally ignore him, and don't even look in his direction. He then starts swerving into my lane, trying to get my attention. I slowed down, he slowed down. I sped up, he sped up. We both pull up to a red light. He is in the left turn lane, and I am beside him in the "thru" lane. He does a brake stand, spinning his tires through the red light. At this point I pull out my cell and call the cops. I expected he was going to make his left turn when the light changed, and I was going to give his plate over to the cops, and continue home. Jackass continues to rev it up, and launch forward. Once the light goes green, he just sits there. So I backed up, and read his plate off to the dispatcher. The light turns red again, and jackass starts yelling at me out his window. Green light comes around, and he floors it into his left turn, as an SUV passes through the oncoming lane. He missed her rear corner by less than 3 or 4 inches. At this point, I got pissed and told the dispatcher I would follow him. I kept a safe distance (half block) and followed. He came to two red lights, and each time he put his truck sideways trying to stop. At the third red light, he made a right turn and bounced over the turn median. This took us down some back roads. I continued following while giving dispatch all the details. Jackass pulls into a motel parking lot. I stop a half block away and just observe. He gets out, grabs a crowbar and a pipe and starts running for me. I just backed away from him. He never got closer than a 100 feet from me. He then throws his shit in the ditch, and goes back to his truck. I approached closer. He then puts it in reverse and floors it towards my front end. I backed away, and he was so drunk he came no where close to hitting me. Behind me I see an impala pull up. I assume it was the cops (weird, no flashing lights??) Just then, jackass aims his truck at me again, and floors it. I am in reverse, but blocked in by the fucking impala, I try to manuvre to get away, asshole rams my front end doing about 30+km. Our vehicles are now stuck together. The guy just won't stop. He hops out and grabs another pipe or something from the box. I fire up my truck again, and floor it in reverse. I break free and back up a few hundred feet. Jackass gets in his truck and speeds away. The fucking impala that had me blocked in finally figured out to get the fuck out of my way. As I come to a stop, the impala, a fucking wanna be black and white cop car for some fucking rent-a-cop company speeds off after the drunk. Just then I see cruisers behind me, many flashing lights. I directed them where to go. They caught the fucker in the next motel over, trying to drive over their trees to get away. He resists arrest, and gets the holy fuck beat out of him after he swung at the smallest cop there, a 100 pound chick. They finally get him in the back of the cruiser (5 cops to do it) and haul him away. I then spend two hours with them explaining everything I had just been witness to. They wanted every detail, to make sure they can get a DUI to stick if he fights it in court. After everything calmed down, the cops tell me that fuck face in the rent-a-cop impala has a scanner, and always shows up at various "incidents" throughout the city. It was that fucking piece of shit that got my truck smashed, cuz he blocked me in.

Anyways, I get home by 03:30 in the back of a cruiser. I go inside, mix the stiffest drink I've had in a long time, and start typing my statement.

My truck is mostly fucked in the front end. I'll post some pics as soon as I can get to the compund.

My truck before: (new headlights, grill, not in this pic)
    another fine example of what great people we have in AB

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

I've followed people for a bit, flipped people off, cut people off & slammed on the brakes, etc etc.

I'm a dumbass for doing it. Just ignore them
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

LOL Dude... your story (OP) sounds like my average morning commutes to college..

Black
    1998 Z28 Convertible

Dodge Trucks = Assholes

Where I Live just about everyone in a Dodge is a major asshole, when I see one on the road I know what to expect!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

^^^Hey now...that's like me saying everyone that drives a vert likes it in the ass. Now that's not true now is it?

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    ^^^Hey now...that's like me saying everyone that drives a vert likes it in the ass. Now that's not true now is it?
    its more the diesel owners that fit into the stereotype... but the hemi guys are not exempt

gold
    2000 honder accord

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    its more the diesel owners that fit into the stereotype... but the hemi guys are not exempt
    but its not even a real hemi....

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Every time I go to town I get drag raced. And it's not like I instigate it, or even agree to it. Just jackasses at stoplights. Half the time I end up flooring it five seconds after the fact because they never rev it, or creep foward, or wave at me. LEARN THE ROUTINE NOOBS.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post

Easy... Our Fearless Leader Happens to drive a vert...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information