Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

hate my cable company

Got an email from Time Warner tonight wanting me to go to some website to "get tough" with fox because fox is proposing some insane increase in fees after the first of the year. Now I feel their pain for wanting to fight Fox on this because I've been fighting and hating Time Warners rediculous prices for years so we have that in common. TW says that we may not have Fox Jan 1. I emailed them back and said then that would mean that I won't have TW come Jan 2. I can't wait until I have some other option out here. TW is the only cable option and only high speed internet option.
    The internet connection is what's screwing me because I'm not going back to dial up but since I live so far out there are no DSL options out here and that's the ONLY reason I haven't already dropped them.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Got an email from Time Warner tonight wanting me to go to some website to "get tough" with fox because fox is proposing some insane increase in fees after the first of the year. Now I feel their pain for wanting to fight Fox on this because I've been fighting and hating Time Warners rediculous prices for years so we have that in common. TW says that we may not have Fox Jan 1. I emailed them back and said then that would mean that I won't have TW come Jan 2. I can't wait until I have some other option out here. TW is the only cable option and only high speed internet option.
    The internet connection is what's screwing me because I'm not going back to dial up but since I live so far out there are no DSL options out here and that's the ONLY reason I haven't already dropped them.

Yeah they keep on showing that here too. Thank god, I am with Verizon.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Can you do some kind of satellite tv /internet deal?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

We don't even have cable out here. Everyone has either Dish or Direct TV. I have Dish.

What phone company do you have out there? Dish has a contract with AT&T for high speed Internet through the satellite.

I have AT&T phone service and DSL. But, as soon as my contract is up, I'm going to get the Dish bundle and save a few bucks.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Can you do some kind of satellite tv /internet deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    We don't even have cable out here. Everyone has either Dish or Direct TV. I have Dish.

What phone company do you have out there? Dish has a contract with AT&T for high speed Internet through the satellite.

I have AT&T phone service and DSL. But, as soon as my contract is up, I'm going to get the Dish bundle and save a few bucks.
    I had looked at satellite internet a couple years ago but my understanding was that it's expensive and slow. Was I wrong in understanding it that way? We have ATT as a phone carrier but they don't offer DSL out here yet.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Never used satellite so I have no experience with it.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I had looked at satellite internet a couple years ago but my understanding was that it's expensive and slow. Was I wrong in understanding it that way? We have ATT as a phone carrier but they don't offer DSL out here yet.

Depends on your area that you live in. Here in NC you dont see alot of people with satellite b/c signal quality here is crap and is lost constantly during any kind of bad weather. But go up north on the east coast and thats about all you see in certain areas since they dont have all the issues with them.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Depends on your area that you live in. Here in NC you dont see alot of people with satellite b/c signal quality here is crap and is lost constantly during any kind of bad weather. But go up north on the east coast and thats about all you see in certain areas since they dont have all the issues with them.
    that's another issue I have is the amount of trees I have near the house but depending on where they put the dish I would be willing to take a tree or two down if I had too. My neighbor has satellite and they don't have any issues as far as signal goes. They don't have the trees I have though.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

you dont have Verizon Fios in your area?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    you dont have Verizon Fios in your area?
    nope...I live about 5-6 miles outside the city limits. I was actually surprised we had cable access out here when I moved out here.

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

i have satellite and the satellite internet, the internet is pretty fast not as fast as roadrunner but its sufficient. its expensive though, i have dish netwoerk, why dont u try and get dish and keep the internet,

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Loco View Post
    i have satellite and the satellite internet, the internet is pretty fast not as fast as roadrunner but its sufficient. its expensive though, i have dish netwoerk, why dont u try and get dish and keep the internet,
    that's probably going to be my only option. Would be nice just to shit can TW altogether though.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Oh I HATE Time Warner cable. Switched to satellite years ago, but did keep Road Runner for cable internet through TW. That's basically the best option that's available IMO. Dishnetwork is cheaper for the more basic packages but DirecTV offers Sunday Ticket and stuff like that...but at a PREMIUM price. I never subscribed to that due to cost. Switched back to Dishnetwork and was happier with their equipment.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Oh I HATE Time Warner cable. Switched to satellite years ago, but did keep Road Runner for cable internet through TW. That's basically the best option that's available IMO. Dishnetwork is cheaper for the more basic packages but DirecTV offers Sunday Ticket and stuff like that...but at a PREMIUM price. I never subscribed to that due to cost. Switched back to Dishnetwork and was happier with their equipment.
    do you have hd/dvr and does dish offer the nfl network?

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

They are not losing FOX. same thing happen 2 years ago when they almost lost Comedy Central, MTV, Speed, National Geographic, and some other networks. They ended up meeting their demands.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

do you have hd/dvr and does dish offer the nfl network?
    Verizon and Dish offer NFL. if there is no DVR, you can go with TIVO. same price IMHO

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

AT&T just starting offering DSL out here a few years ago. I was on dial up before that. I don't think I could handle it anymore

I don't know how fast the connection is with the dish. I am still going with the phone company for now. I didn't know Dish was offering AT&T high speed internet as a bundle until a few months ago. And, I renewed my contract with AT&T about 6 months ago. So, I have to wait to change it up.

I would call which ever satellite company takes care of your area and find out what kind of deals they have. Ask your neighbor if they get high speed and if they do, what they think.

We have no problem with reception. But, we don't have a lot of trees around here. We do live in the canyon though. Verizon is the only wireless that gives any kind of signal here.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    We had Dish when we first bought the place. Then switched to Direct tv. That lasted about two years and then we went back to Dish. I like it better too.

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

yeah check out dish and directv, we only have problems when a big rain storm is coming or if snow lands on the dish and sticks. All in all not that often, was on the phone with both companies today price shopping. Directv customer for 8 years, so they made me the best offer to stay with them. 61 bucks a month for 200 plus channels, 3 rooms, 1 basic receiver, 1 HD Receiver, 1 HD With DVR Receiver, 6 months free showtime and installed free for first 12 months than goes up to about $74 for months 13-24. I sure wish I had other choices, but having just picked up a 46inch 1080 120hz TV yesterday Im not waiting anylonger to upgrade.

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    They are not losing FOX. same thing happen 2 years ago when they almost lost Comedy Central, MTV, Speed, National Geographic, and some other networks. They ended up meeting their demands.
    yeah, and TW will just raise the price to the consumer like they always do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information